The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Daniel our second best playmaker? (thanks for listening Torts!)

CanuckLeaf

Obviously Daniel has always been known as the goal scoring twin but we all know his on-ice vision is on par with Henrik....which would make him our second best playmaker. Our second line has no one that is known for their passing ability and I think Daniel could work really well there. Yes I am talking about splitting them up again but it's not a knock on the Sedins but on not having a proper 1st line RW.

Daniel can’t be the only “finisher” on the first line and loading up the top line with Kesler is not good for depth. I think Daniel should be on the second line because we need a playmaker there…because there is a huge difference between Daniel and Kesler in terms of passing and creating chances.

This is what I think the top 6 should look like until we get a proper goal-scoring winger.

Hansen--Henrik--Kesler

Daniel--Santorelli--Burrows/Higgins

pointless in 6 straight. thats a concern. he rarely does anything on the ice without Henrik instigating the play these days. thats a concern.

right now im noticing guys create chances like santorelli, higgins, and hansen moreso than Daniel Sedin. Im happy the Sedins will retire Canucks, but its almost time for them to be our 2nd line again.

pointless in 6 straight. thats a concern. he rarely does anything on the ice without Henrik instigating the play these days. thats a concern.

right now im noticing guys create chances like santorelli, higgins, and hansen moreso than Daniel Sedin. Im happy the Sedins will retire Canucks, but its almost time for them to be our 2nd line again.

Did you watch the game yesterday? Daniel created a beautiful chance when he spun off the boards and shot it at the net, we almost scored cause Santorelli was banging in front of the net. Daniel is capable without Henrik, and Henrik is capable without Daniel, they're just even better when they're together.

Burrows-Sedin-Kesler

Sedin-Santorelli-Hansen/Higgins

Couldn't hurt.

Put kes on the left wing.

Kesler Sedin Kassian

Sedin Santorelli Hansen

Higgins Richardson Burrows

Sestito/Booth Welsh Weise

We need a 2nd line playmaking centre, preferably a big body, Lecavalier would be perfect but i know it won't happen.

Imagine..

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Burrows Lecavalier Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Booth Richardson Archibald

OR

Higgins Henrik Kesler

Daniel Lecavalier Kassian

Hansen Santorelli Burrows

Booth/Sestito Richardson Weise

Yeah, 'cause you usually put guys who are third and tenth in the league in scoring on the second line....

Everybody knows he has never been the same since the Keith hit to the head. It's been talked about to death. It is a well-known fact now.

Oh Yaaaaaa.....I forgot, If something is discussed on CDC or multiple threads are created, said topic becomes well known fact.

I HAVE!! to remember that.

Archived