The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] David Booth Waived

Strombone1

Torts pulling him aside for a talk doesn't scream waivers to me. I think torts is just letting booth know that this is his last chance. Makes sense after being scratched. I think torts is warning booth that they will waive him if he doesn't improce. I do hope I am wrong I hope the guy is on waivers today so we can freely bring up some young guys like grenier jensen and archibald to get them experaince.

Torts pulling him aside for a talk doesn't scream waivers to me. I think torts is just letting booth know that this is his last chance. Makes sense after being scratched. I think torts is warning booth that they will waive him if he doesn't improce. I do hope I am wrong I hope the guy is on waivers today so we can freely bring up some young guys like grenier jensen and archibald to get them experaince.

Who really knows what Booth's problem is? So many BS stories floating around. IMO he has had enough chances. Send him to Utica and have him play 30 40 games. If his game comes back then he can return. I agree with your idea of rotating some young talent to give them exposure. I am a hold on Jensen as he needs a solid AHL season to round his game out.

That $4.25 Million Booth has been stealing will go a lot further in Utica.

Heck, he could probably buy the team if he wanted to and change their name to the Utica Booths.

Btw OP, how is this a rumour? Surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

"Hey David, did you see how Burrows played tonight? He didn't hit the scoresheet but he was contributing and playing hard. That's what we want to see from you. That's the kind of game that will get you back in the lineup, even if you're not scoring."

Seems reasonable.

Seeing as how this is pure speculation and could mean any number of things, it could have gone in the GDT or PGT. In any event, until there's a legit source....

Archived