The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] David Booth Waived

Strombone1

Well if he is placed on waivers it's good either way.

Either someone claims him and we free up space to trade for another player.

Or he goes down to the farm and works on his conditioning until he can earn his way back. In the meantime a more deserving player like Archibald or Grenier can take his place.

Honestly do they actually think these wake up calls are gonna work?

When has a player ended up in the doghouse this badly and worked his way back into being a top player?

It's time to move on. Gillis took on a bad contract and now it's up to him to get rid of it.

Gillis said as much in his interview the other day on 1040 that he could be going for another conditioning stint. Don't know how many times he can go for a conditioning stint and the max for each one is I believe 2 weeks long.

I don't think he is magically going to find his game in 2 weeks in Utica. Waivers or buy out. Time for a fresh start for Booth.

This just like the Ballard situation just didn't work out. Gillis needs to admit his mistake and bite the bullet.

They don't have the time to invest in a reclamation project. They need a guy who can contribute right away. Cut your losses and move on already.

I guess im of the minority that truly believes if this guy is given a chance and some confidence he'll contribute more than a Kassian to the team this year, but thats just me.

Would he be ragged on so much if he made 2 mill? I think he can still be a great player, maybe the canucks isnt the best situation for him to do that though. Not in this market. He needs to go somewhere where a team can be patient with him and let him gain his confidence. Then I believe he can regain atleast some form.

Archived