The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]1 second

Blueberries

the team is decimated by injuries, nobody can win with this many injuries to so many all stars. Sure Pittsburgh lost Orpik, Martin, Letang, Dupuis, Neal and Malkin for a stretch but overall that doesn't truly compare to what we lost.

You're not really comparing Stanton, Higgins, Burrows Kassian to Letang, Neal Malkin are you? I mean, really? Besides, this team wasn't really any better with all those guys playing than it is without them. Burrows and Edler are the two biggest injuries and they were out during the winning streak.

You're not really comparing Stanton, Higgins, Burrows Kassian to Letang, Neal Malkin are you? I mean, really? Besides, this team wasn't really any better with all those guys playing than it is without them. Burrows and Edler are the two biggest injuries and they were out during the winning streak.

But then what is left for an excuse if not the injuries?

Same core = same outcome. The mistakes being made costing games aren't the replacement players or support cast, it's Garrison, the Sedins, Bieksa, etc. They're supposedly our healthy players.

Sarcasm, bro.

You're right. As long as the Sedins are our identity, we will not have playoff success, as the rules dictate that toughness wins.

They are the franchise's best players ever, but are not built for the playoffs. Let's face it, folks.

i totally agree i love watching them play and love them as people but just not right for a gritty playoff team

i suggest just coming to terms with this team as a middling team for the short term. embrace it. Be at peace.

basically as fans we have to wait and see what the youth movement will bring. the current core has reached their best before date.

im ok with it. i like the coaching change and at least i see effort under the new coach. effort and loss is as least respectable.

ntcs have killed us.

get your seat for the long term. this is the canucks after all.

We are provoledged to see the team that MG built. THis is what 3 years of his best efforts has created. A team that has gone from a SCF finalist to a laughing stock of errors and incompetence. Keep signing old slow and underperforming projects and make sure youinclude those NTCs in ther Mike.

Don't overreact, we were pretty much missing half our top - 6, Edler...

edler - top 2 dman

stanton - top 6 d man

burrows, higgins - top 2 forwards

Kassian - bottom 6/tweener forward

Luongo - #1 goaltender ( I know eddie played great)

but take 5 significant regulars out of a lineup and put them in back to back games against two of the top teams in the league - bad things are going to happen.

we don't need a trade, or to blow up the team, we need to get healthy

the team is decimated by injuries, nobody can win with this many injuries to so many all stars. Sure Pittsburgh lost Orpik, Martin, Letang, Dupuis, Neal and Malkin for a stretch but overall that doesn't truly compare to what we lost.

Difference is we are playing in a much much tougher conference and division compared to Pittsburgh. You consider that and the 9 points we are behind the pens doesn't seem to shappy considering that our points our more hard fought.

Injuries mean more to us.

They have a guy named Crosby

lol are u kidding me? them losing Malkin and Neal alone is like us losing a Sedin and Kesler

difference is we would be totally screwed if we lost those guys

I want this team to show some collective cojones but there seems to be very little in the way of a cohesive identity.

I hate to say it but it starts with the captain. Henrik Sedin should be given this season to prove that he still deserves the captaincy.

If the Canucks go down in the first round, considerations must be made to hand it over to Kesler. To me, he makes sense as captain. He is willing to do whatever it takes to win. Something Henrik cannot lay claim to.

Don't overreact, we were pretty much missing half our top - 6, Edler...

"top 6". Higgins? Burrows? Kassian - who sees 7 minutes most nights? I like these guys and they have talent but none are true top 6. Higgins is a third line checker on a contender, Burrows without the Sedins is a third line agitator. Kassian has a ways to go. Edler had the worst +/- on the team. No surprise the team's GAA has improved during his injury.

Archived