The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Video Game Character Tournament - Donkey Kong Division

Master Mind

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On to the next one.

My Picks:

Donkey Kong - I grew up playing DK, so it's hard to vote against him, plus I don't care for Splinter Cell that much.

Adam Jensen - a much better overall character than Luigi, but I'm guessing Luigi will win due to popularity.

Revolver Ocelot - hands down the best villain in gaming. I certainly wouldn't have expected him to become the main villain of the series.

GlaDOS - I could of went either way on this one, but I ultimately chose GlaDOS for the humour.

DK is from a more famous series, Fisher is the better character. Voted Sam Fisher.

Voted Luigi

Voted Ocelot.

Voted GlaDOS. C'mon, anyone who played Portal 1 or 2 would vote the same. She steals the spotlight every scene she's in.

Wouldn't the same thing apply for both DK and Luigi? ;)

Nah, imo Adam Jensen isn't as good of a character as Sam Fisher, and imo Luigi is a better character than DK.

Adam isn't up against Sam though, so that doesn't really matter. Both of them are likely better overall characters than DK and Luigi.

I think we're both guilty of a bit of a double standard here :lol:

Adam isn't up against Sam though, so that doesn't really matter. Both of them are likely better overall characters than DK and Luigi.

I think we're both guilty of a bit of a double standard here :lol:

I meant more like

Sam>Adam

Luigi>DK

Sam>DK

so

Luigi=Adam, but Luigi's more well known so that pushes him past Adam.

I do see your point though and I can admit I'm probably at least a little bit biased. Luigi has always been one of my favourite characters.

I voted Donkey Kong all the way in the franchise thing, but as a character I had to go with Sam Fisher. Helps make Splinter Cell what it is.

Voted for Luigi over Adam Jensen though, because despite how much I loved Deus Ex, his character wasn't the reason. If anything, he kinda irritated me at times. (I do believe I nominated him though, lol)

Like Subzero, but like said earlier, Glados makes Portal. Not a hard choice, even if it meant going against my favourite video game character as a kid in Sub Zero.

Really could care less about the Ocelot one, lol. Ocelot is possibly my most hated Metal Gear character, but I haven't played Infamous enough, so I just gave him my vote.

I meant more like

Sam>Adam

Luigi>DK

Sam>DK

so

I do see your point though and I can admit I'm probably at least a little bit biased. Luigi has always been one of my favourite characters.

Almost everyone is going to have bias in polls like these. It doesn't really matter now since all the top seeds will likely win anyway, but when the later rounds come, I'll try and vote for the best actual character. It'll be hard to vote against guys like DK, Mario, etc, but it'll be true to what this tourney is about. Even round 2 of this division will be 2 matches of popularity vs character.

I don't expect everyone to do the same though of course :lol:

I voted Donkey Kong all the way in the franchise thing, but as a character I had to go with Sam Fisher. Helps make Splinter Cell what it is.

Voted for Luigi over Adam Jensen though, because despite how much I loved Deus Ex, his character wasn't the reason. If anything, he kinda irritated me at times. (I do believe I nominated him though, lol)

Like Subzero, but like said earlier, Glados makes Portal. Not a hard choice, even if it meant going against my favourite video game character as a kid in Sub Zero.

Really could care less about the Ocelot one, lol. Ocelot is possibly my most hated Metal Gear character, but I haven't played Infamous enough, so I just gave him my vote.

Why is Ocelot your most hated MGS character? Everyone else I know, including myself, would rank him among the best.

I meant more like

Sam>Adam

Luigi>DK

Sam>DK

so

Eww. Sam Fisher is a scrub who makes his living by sucker punching/murdering people

Why is Ocelot your most hated MGS character? Everyone else I know, including myself, would rank him among the best.

I dunno. Whenever I think of what I didn't like in the series, his face shows up, lol. I didn't like his appearances in any of the first 3 games. Especially not in the 3rd one. He feels less badass, and more forced. I dunno, that's just me.

Archived