The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baseball Analyst refers to hockey as Minor League Sport

Lol. Baseball is hardly a sport. It's an activity.

Hockey is a fierce hard hitting battle game in and out. Guy needs to get a clue

I live ,eat, and breath hockey ...... As I was watching the seahawks game , all I could think about was that NFL football makes nhl hockey look like ping pong ..

I think it is a total lack of class to bash a sport just because YOU don't like it. Baseball may not be the most physically demanding sport, but it is a grind playing 6 or 7 days a week and it wears you down, walking may not be that strenuous but lets see how you feel after 25 miles, I'm not big on golf, but I realize it takes a lot of skill and focus to make that stupid ball go where you want it to, you couldn't pay me to watch basketball, but plenty of others enjoy it. I enjoy auto racing which many don't think is a sport, but it takes plenty of skill to succeed (Dale Earnhardt won 7 titles, Kevin Harvick hasn't won one with the same team, car and crew), put any of the CDC "experts" in Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon's car and there is still no way they would qualify for a race. If you love a sport, enjoy, if you don't like it, watch something else.

The last baseball games I went to were in Philadelphia - they were practically giving tickets away - in fact one of the games I went to a fan came up and gave me tickets as I was standing in line to buy them (for about $5, because the team wasn't very good at the time, and people can't afford to fork out big money for a mediocre product for 81 home games). I didn't exactly get the impression of a "Major" league product. You could even byob because they just wanted to get people in the stadium. If the team won, they'd give you another free ticket. I think I paid for one game and went to about 5 lol.

Baseball has had their labour stoppages, they've had their embarrassing baseball "fights", they've had their prima donnas exposed as PED dependents... So baseball scribe can prattle all he wants.

But does that really change the fact that the NHL essentially deserves and has earned such commentary, whether coming from a hypocrite or not?

sooooo if I am understanding some of you... you are all upset that he talked about how unpopular hockey is (by calling it a "minor sport") yet some of you are also upset when Bettman tried growing the sport. Isn't that like getting all upset that your favorite band doesn't get more airplay... yet also get upset when they become popular?

Archived