The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers 7PM Jan 27th

Alex the Great

Come on man dont be like that. 'Pandering to lous ego,' like really?? He was asked and said he is ready go to against Edmonton if they needed him, but its not up to him. What do you want him to say? 'Ummm yeah no im not ready actually because I usually dont play back to backs, so Im preparing already for my night off'

Luongo has been our best player for the last dozen games at least, and people are still ragging on him, come on.

I'm not ragging on Lu as much as I am displeased with management's apparent reversal of the system they have in place. Eddie has played well and filled in admirably when lu was injured. Now that Lu is back, he gets the shaft. It just bugs me. Lu had 3 great games and one not so good. I don't buy that he needs to "re-discover" his game after last night. He has been around long enough to prepare properly and will be ready to go against Chicago.

I'm not ragging on Lu as much as I am displeased with management's apparent reversal of the system they have in place. Eddie has played well and filled in admirably when lu was injured. Now that Lu is back, he gets the shaft. It just bugs me. Lu had 3 great games and one not so good. I don't buy that he needs to "re-discover" his game after last night. He has been around long enough to prepare properly and will be ready to go against Chicago.

I agree. We've seen this so much with Lou in the past calling the shots I don't blame you for being a bit skeptical.

Lu should be starting after the performance last night. Let him be number 1. Shutout tonight shuts up the haters! Kass with a hatty!

and if he plays poorly and they lose will you shut up? Tired of the "if you say anything critical of Lu, you are a "hater". LIfe isn't so black and white and neither is sport.

The Oilers can light teams up, not to mention Lu (see last season!). I hope the Vancouver Canucks win the hockey game. I am also hoping that Kasian gets into a fight and scores a goal. He is a good fighter but would likely get beat by Gazdic. Kasssian seems to go for as many lefts as he can but other than that doesn't have a lot of fighting technical ability. Cue bass solo!!!!

lack should be starting ..... back to back and after that game last night where lu was ugly at best....and vs a weak opponent... these are the exact games your back up is supposed to get... we should be able to beat edmonton with a Bantam AAA goalie in net... these are the games your young back up needs to gain experience...and give your starter some rest....

After all Lu's NHL experience, if he needs confidence or motivation going into a game against Chicago, trade his a$$ out of here. Eddie should have gotten this start..

and if he plays poorly and they lose will you shut up? Tired of the "if you say anything critical of Lu, you are a "hater". LIfe isn't so black and white and neither is sport.

You could play in the league for 20+ years and still use a boost of confidence, so don't give me that @#$% about experienced players not needing a confidence boost... and this is never more true than when you're playing really well and have an average or a bad game, all you want to do is get back out there and get another game under your belt and forget about the last one...

Your bitterness over Lack not starting is clouding your judgement... You can criticize Luongo all you want, no one is saying that you're a hater if you criticize Luongo for a legitimate reason but you're just upset about Lack not getting "his" start, why even bring Luongo into the conversation?... Just because Luongo's playing it doesn't mean that they're pandering to his ego, it doesn't mean that he's gonna play poorly or that he doesn't deserve to start... It's the Coach's decision and I'd reserve judgement till after the game...

and for the record, I agree with you that they should have started Lack and stuck to the system of having him play the back end of the back to backs, especially considering the fact that he's playing well, But I can understand why they want to give Luongo more games since he already missed so many due to his injury...

lack should be starting ..... back to back and after that game last night where lu was ugly at best....and vs a weak opponent... these are the exact games your back up is supposed to get... we should be able to beat edmonton with a Bantam AAA goalie in net... these are the games your young back up needs to gain experience...and give your starter some rest....

Edmonton is a pretty good offensive team, it's their defense and goaltending that's always been the issue, they can score alot of goals easily... I love how stupid your whole comment is, Lu's game was ugly at best? Phx a weak opponent? any team can beat edmonton with a Bantam AAA Gaolie? do you even watch any of their games? I do agree with you that Lack shoulda probably got the start though...

I do agree with you on the last part, I dont think he needs this to 'get ready' for the next one. I really dont think it is ego pandering at all, just that he has been our best player over the stretch, missed a lot of games due to injury, and might as well play him while they can. I feel comfortable when Lack is in net too.

I do agree with you on the last part, I dont think he needs this to 'get ready' for the next one. I really dont think it is ego pandering at all, just that he has been our best player over the stretch, missed a lot of games due to injury, and might as well play him while they can. I feel comfortable when Lack is in net too.

With Lu getting to go to the Olympics while Eddie sits, I would just like to see the back-to-back rotation continue. IF Lu plays the remaining games heading into the Olympic break, Eddie could end up sitting for a month.

With Lu getting to go to the Olympics while Eddie sits, I would just like to see the back-to-back rotation continue. IF Lu plays the remaining games heading into the Olympic break, Eddie could end up sitting for a month.

I don't see that happening, regardless of how Luongo plays, Lack will start atleast one of the games on our roadtrip before the Olympics...

Archived