The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) time to think about the future.

This is our last push. We fail this year and the rebuild is coming.

Players who will be out: burrows, hansen, edler, booth, weise, luongo

Burrows: destination most likely montreal.

To van:

1st round pick

To MTL:

Burrows, 4th round pick

Hansen most likely destination WPG

To van:

Petan, peluso, 5th round pick

To WPG:

Hansen, Gaunce

most likely destination for booth is phx. Want a foward without giving up a roster player

To van:

3rd round pick

To phx:

David booth (25% retained)

Most likely location for weise at this point waivers. No team has shown interest in a trade.

Now two tough ones

Most likely destination for edler is ottawa. They need help on the back end really bad and have lost faith in jared cowen.

To van:

Jared cowen, 1st round pick

To ott:

Alex Edler

Hardest one:

Most likely location for luongo is florida. He deserves to spend his last years with his wife in florida especially if we can't contend for the cup anyway.

To van:

1st round pick (top 4)

To florida:

Luongo, 1st round pick (van) (top 15-20 pick)

Markstrom needs luongo to tutor him like he taught schnieder.

So we end up with something close to the 4th overall, 9th overall, 24th overall

4th overall we pick dal cole

9th over all we pick ritchie

24th overall we pick Ho-Sang

Players in: schroeder, Horvat, Jensen

Sedin sedin kassian

Higgins kesler santorelli

Jensen horvat schroeder

Sestito richardson peluso

Hamuis bieksa

Cowen Garrison

Stanton Tanev

Lack

?

Not that great of a line up but then our prospect pool looks like.

Dal cole horvat Ritchie

Shinkaruk Petan Ho-Sang

Jensen Lain Grenier

This is our last push. We fail this year and the rebuild is coming.

Players who will be out: burrows, hansen, edler, booth, weise, luongo

Burrows: destination most likely montreal.

To van:

1st round pick

To MTL:

Burrows, 4th round pick

Hansen most likely destination WPG

To van:

Petan, peluso, 5th round pick

To WPG:

Hansen, Gaunce

most likely destination for booth is phx. Want a foward without giving up a roster player

To van:

3rd round pick

To phx:

David booth (25% retained)

Most likely location for weise at this point waivers. No team has shown interest in a trade.

Now two tough ones

Most likely destination for edler is ottawa. They need help on the back end really bad and have lost faith in jared cowen.

To van:

Jared cowen, 1st round pick

To ott:

Alex Edler

Hardest one:

Most likely location for luongo is florida. He deserves to spend his last years with his wife in florida especially if we can't contend for the cup anyway.

To van:

1st round pick (top 4)

To florida:

Luongo, 1st round pick (van) (top 15-20 pick)

Markstrom needs luongo to tutor him like he taught schnieder.

So we end up with something close to the 4th overall, 9th overall, 24th overall

4th overall we pick dal cole

9th over all we pick ritchie

24th overall we pick Ho-Sang

Players in: schroeder, Horvat, Jensen

Sedin sedin kassian

Higgins kesler santorelli

Jensen horvat schroeder

Sestito richardson peluso

Hamuis bieksa

Cowen Garrison

Stanton Tanev

Lack

?

Not that great of a line up but then our prospect pool looks like.

Dal cole horvat Ritchie

Shinkaruk Petan Ho-Sang

Jensen Lain Grenier

Gross over payment on Lou....for a single 1st round pick?

Look we get it, some of you people don't like Lou

But give your heads a shake people.

First off, I don't see any of those trades happening. Although getting Montreal's 1st for Burrows would be a steal given his form and increasingly-scary contract.

Personally, I cannot see Luongo being traded. Ever. He has always been, bar last season's madness, our franchise goalie. Brodeur is the 1B goalie still, aged 42. I fully expect Lu to be here in 8 years' time, maybe not as #1 still but certainly still kicking backsides in a Nucks uniform.

It is extremely hard to move up into the top 4 of a draft. Gook jared staal to move up to an 8th. So no I am not undervaluing luongo

Staal was a 3rd line Center.....Luongo is a potential hall of fame goaltender having yet another solid year a year where there is little goaltending available of his calibre. A Cory Schneider got us into the top 10 of a very VERY talented draft....yet we have to give up a 1st AND Luongo to get into the top 5 of this shallow draft?

No....

Maybe you should give your head a shake. Idk what you think Luongos worth but that is more then fair.

So let me get this straight pal

As I recently just said

You think, in a shallow draft where the only two potential sure fire players are Reinhart and Ekblad by all estimates.

That giving up Luongo AND a 1st round pick to a team desperate for goal tending after this season in a super shallow draft is more than fair?

Just to get a 1st round pick.

So we would be giving up, a future hall of fame goal tender with a solid cap hit. A pick in the top 20 for...a single pick possibly in the top 10 because Florida is lighting it up lately.

That is fair value?

Huh....

We have Lack. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

There is a reason you're not working in a front office then.

Schneider got us into the top 10 in a season where the draft was arguably as deep as 2003, Schneider without having a full season or single playoff round win under his belt.

But we have to give up Luongo, PLUS a 1st round pick to move up into the top 10 in a shallow draft in a UFA season with few legitimate #1 goalies available.

Huh......

So let me get this straight pal

As I recently just said

You think, in a shallow draft where the only two potential sure fire players are Reinhart and Ekblad by all estimates.

That giving up Luongo AND a 1st round pick to a team desperate for goal tending after this season in a super shallow draft is more than fair?

Just to get a 1st round pick.

So we would be giving up, a future hall of fame goal tender with a solid cap hit. A pick in the top 20 for...a single pick possibly in the top 10 because Florida is lighting it up lately.

That is fair value?

Huh....

Are you Luongos wife or soemthing? Like are you obsessed with him? Its actually a pretty deep draft, ekblad and reinhart are the only two surefire players? Is that your opinion? Because you're wrong. Yes we would be giving up a decent goalie on a bad contract and a late first for an early first. I think your vision is clouded by your sexual attraction to Luongo

We have Lack. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

Exactly...Lu is a starter and could very well be for the rest of his contract...does that not mean Lack could move in a year or 2? Why would we send an elite goalie and a 1st for just a top5 pick? Rather keep him if that's the price nobody is forcing me to move one of them

There is a reason you're not working in a front office then.

Schneider got us into the top 10 in a season where the draft was arguably as deep as 2003, Schneider without having a full season or single playoff round win under his belt.

But we have to give up Luongo, PLUS a 1st round pick to move up into the top 10 in a shallow draft in a UFA season with few legitimate #1 goalies available.

Huh......

And you are?

Yes so?

Yes... We have lack... We don't need a #1

And you are?

Yes so?

Yes... We have lack... We don't need a #1

We have Lack of exactly 8 regular season NHL games. Might as well trade th twins then as well we have Horvat and Shinkaruk with that logic

Don't be such an insulting little d bag pal. Post this anywhere and people will laugh at you.

Lack can be #1,

Luongo + 1st will get you a 1st.

It's a bad deal all around dude. And there is literally NOTHING you can post outside of your personal opinion that will change that. So go ahead and be as insulting as you want.

It doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid post

Exactly...Lu is a starter and could very well be for the rest of his contract...does that not mean Lack could move in a year or 2? Why would we send an elite goalie and a 1st for just a top5 pick? Rather keep him if that's the price nobody is forcing me to move one of them

Because we have another starting goalie potentially. And it's a top 5 pick! That's huge for our future

Because we have another starting goalie potentially. And it's a top 5 pick! That's huge for our future

Potentially

Also Florida is only 7 points away from drafting outside of the top 10 while being one of the hotter teams in the league over the last 3 weeks.

Huge for our future is trading Luongo for the pick AND prospect he is worth, not giving him away with a pick just to move up possibly only 10 spots or less.

Come on man it's like trading a brand new car for....a lesser brand new car.

Archived