The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop the delusional talk about a cup run trade.

alexkidd

Gillis is the first one who needs to go if this team is to reset/re-build. The guy is clueless. I don't want this incompetent GM in charge of trading any of our assets. Hire an experienced executive who has the respect of his peers around the league, then look into trading guys like Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Hansen and maybe even Kesler.

The core has been in Decline since the Finals. Let's not go the Calgary route and hold onto assets for too long while their values diminish. It doesn't have to be a 5-6 year re-build. It could be done in half that time if the right moves are made. There are a lot of valuable pieces for whom we can get good returns, but first, let's hire a competent GM

This team is over. No trade is going to fix the disaster Gillis has created. The team is trash, nobody can score. We are stuck with the Sedins for years now it's 5 to 10 years of Calgary Flames like team. The team should be sellers at deadline.

Tell you what, if things are still going badly after February I'll give Gillis the green light to make a trade.

regards,

G.

This team is over. No trade is going to fix the disaster Gillis has created. The team is trash, nobody can score. We are stuck with the Sedins for years now it's 5 to 10 years of Calgary Flames like team. The team should be sellers at deadline.

I dunno, a few good trades and we have a chance at being a contender. Trade Horvat and Booth to Long Island for Okposo and Vanek. Then trade Edler Burrows and a 2nd to Winnipeg for Buff. Make Buff forward and we have a sick lineup.

Sedin Sedin Okposo

Higgins Kesler Vanek

Buff Schroeder Kassian

Sestito Richardson Hansen

Hamhuis Tanev

Stanton Bieska

Garrison Weber

Hawks now have 1 more win than us this month, does that mean they need to rebuild too? What a bunch of premature fans. Bunch of spoiled 12 year olds that cry when things aren't going their way.

What a stupid post. In case you haven't noticed, the Canucks have been looking bad for a few years now with their inability to score goals and the decline of the Sedins who the Canucks are now stuck with. The Hawks had a four game slide which ended against our sorry ass team.

what WZRD said and not to mention 'hawks are coming off a cup winning season and are poised to go on another long run. They'll be contenders for at least the next 5 years. You can't say that about the Canucks. This team is in decline. Worried fans have legitimate concerns, they're not spoiled 12 year olds. Unlike you, they're not delusional. And btw, how have fans here been spoiled? I don't remember us winning any cups? Sure we've had some great regular seasons, but that's not the ultimate goal. We need a cup, no other hardware or accolades matter

I dunno, a few good trades and we have a chance at being a contender. Trade Horvat and Booth to Long Island for Okposo and Vanek. Then trade Edler Burrows and a 2nd to Winnipeg for Buff. Make Buff forward and we have a sick lineup.

Sedin Sedin Okposo

Higgins Kesler Vanek

Buff Schroeder Kassian

Sestito Richardson Hansen

Hamhuis Tanev

Stanton Bieska

Garrison Weber

Why in the world would NYI trade their 2nd and 3rd best players for just Horvat, because Booth doesn't mean sh!t. Do you know what they gave up to get Vanek? a top 6 fwd and 1st and 2nd rd picks. They will do everything in their power to re-sign him. Both your proposals are quiet stupid frankly. One is a complete under-payment and the other is a complete over-payment.

Super canuck agree with ya brother 100%.

Last season with 2 good goalies, short year was a time we could of logically made a trade. Gillis couldn't, now is not the time either. Any assets we have aren't going to fetch 30-40 goal scorers. Why would avs trade o'reilly Isles okposo etc for worse players

Why in the world would NYI trade their 2nd and 3rd best players for just Horvat, because Booth doesn't mean sh!t. Do you know what they gave up to get Vanek? a top 6 fwd and 1st and 2nd rd picks. They will do everything in their power to re-sign him. Both your proposals are quiet stupid frankly. One is a complete under-payment and the other is a complete over-payment.

Vanek is not staying there, it's obvious. He's a rental that did not work out for them. It's clear for everyone so his value is not that high. Anyway why would you not want those guys here? they would do great because we need the offense.

Vanek is not staying there, it's obvious. He's a rental that did not work out for them. It's clear for everyone so his value is not that high. Anyway why would you not want those guys here? they would do great because we need the offense.

Moulson hasent been that great since being traded so Okposo shows me nothing to tell me without Tavares he is not a topline player

Archived