The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] "Down with the Sickness"

Silfverberg Snipes

Forget Booth. He only has one year left on his contract. I would use the last Canucks buyout on Burrows. He looks like he is done but still has 3 more years after this season at $4.5Million per.

Of course, the Aqulinis won't do that though because they are too cheap to buyout a longer contract.

This team doesn't lack effort, it lacks skill. If you think the reason the Canucks are losing is effort, you're delusional. We aren't a good team and we won't be if the Sedins=2nd liners and Burrows=AHLer from now on. We'll go through the ebbs and flows of the season and be a bubble team because that's what happens to bubble teams. It's happened to Minny, Phoenix, even LA. Effort is the lazy fan's excuse. Execution is what we're lacking right now. Mediocre teams go through losing streaks because they lack the skill to consistently execute.

The loss of Santorelli and Henrik are huge for a team that lacks skill. I don't see Kesler, Burrows, Daniel, Higgins, etc. trying any less than they usually do. Kesler is on his expected point pace while Burrows can't seem to buy a goal, among his numerous chances. Daniel has sucked for 100+ games now. Higgins is doing well. Kassian is doing better. The 4th line is doing what its expected to. Booth is doing exactly what a lot of us predicted, he's done. Richardson was a healthy scratch before he was a Canuck. I don't see where the lack of effort is except maybe Hansen. Outside of the top line and Hansen, they're doing what was expected of them.

The anchors of the team right now are the Sedins and Burrows as few of you would like to admit. I don't know how many times I've seen the proposed answer to our PP woes being a trade for a defenseman. No, the Sedins are the problem. They are the ones draining the PP of any effectiveness. They are no longer executing and it isn't some lame brained excuse of lack of effort. The PP coach is issue #2, as he has everyone sitting pat looking for stupid one-timers from the point that can be stopped all day. A good PP isn't a retarded game plan of shoot and screen, there's so much more to it than that. Where's the dman pinches, where's the give and goes, the cross seam passes? No, it's dman1 to dman2, shoots, blocked, cleared, rinse and repeat.

Richardson is a 4th line center playing 18 minutes a game currently. Want to know why we aren't winning? There's a big clue as well.

Sorry man... couldn't get past the name... But you're right about the powerplay... The Hawks powerplay tonight was something we need to learn from, tape to tape, quick passes and when they got into open space, THE TOOK THE FRIGGEN SPACE; better yet, they took the space, drew in all of our skaters, and then dished it back to the point where it was on a tee for Keith or Seabrook. They used speed and quick passes to disorient our PK, never once did I see them standing around, trying to work the boards or throwing it around the perimeter... 1 more thing... The drop pass... Piss off with the drop pass, seriously, we've been trying the same damn entry into the zone for 3 years.. IT DOESNT WORK.

You lost me right there. Chicago owned the play and outshout us by a 2-1 margin. Without Luongo, we would have been down by at least a couple. Not to mention they hit a couple posts.

Lol, out-shot doesn't mean they were the better team in the period dude...our team was better group the first frame and if you don't agree fair enough but it was pretty clear lol. Few posts who cares, they are a really offensive team so it's bound to happen but all around play gave us the 1st period win.

Forget Booth. He only has one year left on his contract. I would use the last Canucks buyout on Burrows. He looks like he is done but still has 3 more years after this season at $4.5Million per.

Of course, the Aqulini's won't do that though because they are too cheap to buyout a longer contract.

The Aquilini's are not cheap... seriously? We've resorted to blaming the owners of the team now? Torts, Sedins, Burrows, The D Core, GMMG arent enough people to blame? The Aquilini's spend to the cap every year, and the only reason why they have ticket prices so high is because PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM AT THAT PRICE! Laws of supply and demand everyone, yay capitalism! :emot-parrot:

Of course, the Aqulini's won't do that though because they are too cheap to buyout a longer contract.

You make me want to change my name. Thanks.

God kids, learn the difference between apostrophes and pluralization.

I don't get why Sully and Torts don't play the fourth line more. Chicago plays a 4 line system and that's how they keep their top lines fresh for the game and for the season. I think Torts is wrong-headed about this. His theory is "win now" ie. the next game, and of course it stands to reason that he'd give his top lines, the most talent, the most work. But he takes that theory too far.

Credit to xWCMx in the GDT who described Kesler as being a dog, that he'd play till he dropped if you let him. ha, so true. But the wear and tear is starting to show. Daniels increased minutes that now include the PK is catching up to him and his brother as well. Torts is playing the short game when he should be, like Quenneville, playing the long game. Especially when Sestito has been on a roll. He deserves the chance. Not only that but Tom should not be shunted away after he was a big part in the California rebirth (of Canuck toughness). I thought he became an important lightning rod. Kassian really feeds off that kind of spirit. So much for building off of that.

Quenneville knows that players get better and more confident the more you play them (not talking overplay). Even 4th liners. Hey, when the playoffs start you may have to put them at the end of the bench again, but meanwhile your star players are going to be rested and fresh, and at the same time the 3rd and 4th lines will know they can step in and contribute because of all the playing experience during the year.

I agree the 4th line has earned more playing time

Lol, out-shot doesn't mean they were the better team in the period dude...our team was better group the first frame and if you don't agree fair enough but it was pretty clear lol. Few posts who cares, they are a really offensive team so it's bound to happen but all around play gave us the 1st period win.

we outplayed Chicago in the 1st minute of the first period and then maybe the last couple minutes aside from that

the shots were 13-3 Chicago before we piled on a bunch of shots near the end of the period dude it was all Chicago lol

The Aquilini's are not cheap... seriously? We've resorted to blaming the owners of the team now? Torts, Sedins, Burrows, The D Core, GMMG arent enough people to blame? The Aquilini's spend to the cap every year, and the only reason why they have ticket prices so high is because PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM AT THAT PRICE! Laws of supply and demand everyone, yay capitalism! :emot-parrot:

The only reason Luongo is still here is because the Aquilnis didn't want to buy him out. It wasn't a hockey decision it was a monetary one.

The only reason Luongo is still here is because the Aquilnis didn't want to buy him out. It wasn't a hockey decision it was a monetary one.

Lol. Do you realize there is a difference between "cheap" and "throwing away millions last year to buy out Luongo"?

It's a business superstar, and buying out Luongo wasn't going to fix anything. But warrior on.

Lol. Do you realize there is a difference between "cheap" and "throwing away millions last year to buy out Luongo"?

It's a business superstar, and buying out Luongo wasn't going to fix anything. But warrior on.

Right now buying out Luongo wouldn't help the team much.

But think about it, Luongo up to this point has been largely motivated by the Olympics. He has had a pretty good season so far but what will his motivation be post Olympics? He still doesn't want to be here and the fact the Canucks are headed in the wrong direction means that is not going to change.

The bigger issue with Luongo was never about this year or even next year though.

The bigger issue is his contract goes until 2021/2022 and realistically it goes 2018/2019 because he likely will retire before the end of his contract.

Do you really want a unmotivated 39 year old goalie counting for $5.33Million against the cap in 2018/2019?

Do you really want a unmotivated goalie counting for $5.33Million against the cap in 2018/2019?

I am and will continue to be astounded by people more worried about a cap hit in 5 years than they are about their own lives.

I do not care about the 2018 Vancouver Canucks today. Neither does Gillis or Tortorella. It does not ******* matter. I say this as a free piece of advice to you. Do not worry about 2018 NHL hockey. I implore you. It's not worth it. Live in the now whe it's something you cannot change.

Archived