The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] "Down with the Sickness"

Silfverberg Snipes

I am and will continue to be astounded by people more worried about a cap hit in 5 years than they are about their own lives.

I do not care about the 2018 Vancouver Canucks today. Neither does Gillis or Tortorella. It does not ******* matter. I say this as a free piece of advice to you. Do not worry about 2018 NHL hockey. I implore you. It's not worth it. Live in the now whe it's something you cannot change.

You always have to worry about both the longterm and the shortterm in running a team. Vancouver is a fair weather market in terms of supporting its team. If the Canucks suck there will be a lot of empty seats in the future. We are not like Toronto.

As a Canucks fan I care about only one thing, seeing them win a Stanley Cup once before I die. It isn't happening this year and it doesn't look like it is going to happen by 2018/2019 either. I could care less how many President Trophies they won or how they had a nice 3 year run in terms of being a success in the regular season.

Going forward, the Canucks would have been better off with Schneider but that didn't happen because the Aqulini's didn't want to buyout Luongo and Gillis blew his chance to trade Luongo after the 2012 playoffs by overvaluing his trade value at the time. Yes, the Canucks did get Bo Horvat for Schnneider and that asset may very well be important in the future but people are overvaluing him at this point. He is still a prospect and although he may end up being a good NHL'er it won't happen in time to be playing in front of a good Loungo.

I am and will continue to be astounded by people more worried about a cap hit in 5 years than they are about their own lives.

I do not care about the 2018 Vancouver Canucks today. Neither does Gillis or Tortorella. It does not ******* matter. I say this as a free piece of advice to you. Do not worry about 2018 NHL hockey. I implore you. It's not worth it. Live in the now whe it's something you cannot change.

Good point. But I still would use the buyout on Lu just for the fact to let him go and win somewhere else before his career is over. Both sides need to change, and buying him out will be show we are looking to build for the future. Keeping him here while we try to rebuild and go through growing pains will just always leave a cloud hanging on both sides.

When I talk rebuild and change the face of team, I am talking about moving a lot of the core players, it is time. Kesler, Sedins, Lu, Bieksa, Burr all time to move on imo.

Some stupid fukktard threw their jersey on the ice. I know things don't look good, but cmon, support your team till the end. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?!?!?!?! NO!

For your info, Germans did not bomb pearl harbour, the Japanese did. I know this is not a history lesson, but just a little tid bit. Your attempt at galvanizing cdc fans would have been more effective with this knowledge, but kudos at your attempt :-)

For your info, Germans did not bomb pearl harbour, the Japanese did. I know this is not a history lesson, but just a little tid bit. Your attempt at galvanizing cdc fans would have been more effective with this knowledge, but kudos at your attempt :-)

HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF REALLY!

Some stupid fukktard threw their jersey on the ice.

i hate the current jerseys so much that i would be ok even if someone vomits on them. especially this alternate puke. cartoonish stick, stupid johhny canuck on the shoulders... looks like a flashy sweater a 10 year old would wear in the early 90s. what was francesco smoking when he approved this designs?

He knew that, turns out it was a reference to a line in Animal House. Also, your sig is way too big.

I agree the 4th line has earned more playing time

except for weise, he was pretty lazy in the zone on that second goal. Not a lot of off the puck support tonight, it seemed like every time the blackhawks boblbed the puck there was another hawk there to pick up the scraps.

Kass looked good, Richardson is a gem. Sullivan didn't do Schroeder any favors by playing him with Daniel. Second period was a mess.

Beauty hit by Kesler, Juice threw a couple of nice hits as well. Garrison and Hammer looked very lost in second.

D. Sedin looks like he is going through the motions, looks like a spectator out there, like he is waiting for someone else to do something. Burrows is running around like a minor hockey league player, trying to do too much and not letting the game come to him.

The defence has no sense of timing, are losing their men down low too easy. At this point there are a lot of glaring weaknesses in their game.

Chin up boys, lotsa season left yet.

If the Oilers were number 8 in the West right now, their fans would be over the moon. They were out of the playoffs after 13 games.

Suck it up, or change teams every 5 years so your team is always winning their division, scoring tons of goals, and full of young superstars.

Whether this group is as bad as they've played recently, or can still turn things around, they've poured everything they've had on the ice for years now, for the Canucks, and themselves, and it's a joke hearing people who call themselves Canuck fans attack their character, or dedication, because 8th place isn't up to their standards. Have fun being a Pens fan....

If the Oilers were number 8 in the West right now, their fans would be over the moon. They were out of the playoffs after 13 games.

Suck it up, or change teams every 5 years so your team is always winning their division, scoring tons of goals, and full of young superstars.

Whether this group is as bad as they've played recently, or can still turn things around, they've poured everything they've had on the ice for years now, for the Canucks, and themselves, and it's a joke hearing people who call themselves Canuck fans attack their character, or dedication, because 8th place isn't up to their standards. Have fun being a Pens fan....

fans should have high expectations. so should gms. fans should also be loyal to the players that have bled for them. gms should be significantly less so.

the problem is that gillis has hung onto these players long enough that instead of being remembered positively after departing, they now instill a sense of bitterness and disappointment.

look at guys like bill belichick, or even wally buono. they have no remorse when it comes to cutting ties with beloved fan favorites and the result is teams that can perennially compete.

Archived