The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*[PROPOSAL]* Alex Edler for Anthony Mantha+ Kyle Quincey

Well that's the thing with prospects and I think you're missing the point. Prospects have potential and that's the risk-reward you get by trading for one. Edler has already past his potential and he has solidified his tendencies and habits while a prospect can learn...thus why a top prospect like Mantha is unproven like every other prospect but the potential is why teams are willing to trade NHLers for prospects..

I get that, but is the risk/reward for Mantha worth Edler?

I get that, but is the risk/reward for Mantha worth Edler?

Mantha is a stud lol, and really I think it is. Edler is a top 10 point producing dman in the league, don't get me wrong, but he's lost his touch here but other teams still value him highly cause his production. One of those cases where a change of scenery is best for both the team and player and he's making too many mistakes for us, doing more harm than good.

...Mantha slipped real bad in the draft and Wings got a massive steal...I was all over this kid for Nucks to get but damn wings took him lol.

Mantha is a stud lol, and really I think it is. Edler is a top 10 point producing dman in the league, don't get me wrong, but he's lost his touch here but other teams still value him highly cause his production. One of those cases where a change of scenery is best for both the team and player and he's making too many mistakes for us, doing more harm than good.

...Mantha slipped real bad in the draft and Wings got a massive steal...I was all over this kid for Nucks to get but damn wings took him lol.

we need to show him mantha's wjc highlights

Did you not see him at the world juniors he totally carried our team offensively, he is also a big body with a great skating and speed.

Jordan Schroeder has the most points ever for the US world junior team. Does that mean he should be able to get us back Girardi in a trade?

He slipped for some reason, maybe it isn't enough to worry about him not succeeding the in the NHL but he slipped nonetheless.

Look, I'm not saying Mantha's crap, nor that Mantha can't even become a good player in the NHL. I am saying he doesn't have enough going for him in my opinion that he'd be worth trading Edler for without getting anything else back. The risk outweighs the reward for me.

If you have the opinion he's as valuable as Edler (allowing for the modicum of value Quincy adds as a pending UFA depth defenceman) then I encourage either of you to float that past the next GM you meet. Better yet, tweet it to Gillis and see if he can make it happen for you if he agrees.

Jordan Schroeder has the most points ever for the US world junior team. Does that mean he should be able to get us back Girardi in a trade?

He slipped for some reason, maybe it isn't enough to worry about him not succeeding the in the NHL but he slipped nonetheless.

Look, I'm not saying Mantha's crap, nor that Mantha can't even become a good player in the NHL. I am saying he doesn't have enough going for him in my opinion that he'd be worth trading Edler for without getting anything else back. The risk outweighs the reward for me.

If you have the opinion he's as valuable as Edler (allowing for the modicum of value Quincy adds as a pending UFA depth defenceman) then I encourage either of you to float that past the next GM you meet. Better yet, tweet it to Gillis and see if he can make it happen for you if he agrees.

Shinkaruk slipped too that has nothing to do with a players skill and more to do with player team fit. Mantha can really fit on our team

Shinkaruk slipped too that has nothing to do with a players skill and more to do with player team fit. Mantha can really fit on our team

I disagree that it's that simple or that Mantha is such a good fit to be worth Edler. You're stretching to make it worthwhile.

Here's something you should try. Take the same proposal and post it on a Detroit forum for their fans to rate the value. Tell me if they think Edler is worth Mantha straight up or if they feel they'd have to add (more than Quincy).

Edler has a huge trade value around the league, we could easily get more. Im thinking of snatching some ready young talent like from COL/FLA.

Apparently though from the sounds of things we'd have to offer a 1st with edler just to get John Scott....

Not sure how people are quick to tear down our players value yet decide players with lesser skill sets or less accolades or career achievements are worth more on other teams

Alex edler Gaunce for Blake wheeler

Sign Callhan

Buy out Booth

sedin sedin burr

cally kes wheeler

Higgins horvat kassian

santo Richie sesti/hansen

Archibald

Edler is worth Wheeler on his own, and I doubt he waives NTC to go to the peg. Not a cup team and not much draw.

Talked to a friend of mine that's a Detroit fan and agreed it would be stupid of the Wings to trade Mantha...Try looking for what they have/need and not just our own

Detroit's already said they aren't looking to trade their youth, but if they want to make a move for a piece they covet then moving one of those pieces wouldn't be so bad. What did he say about the honest value between the two (no what it'd take from the Canucks to convince Detroit to move Mantha)?

Detroit's already said they aren't looking to trade their youth, but if they want to make a move for a piece they covet then moving one of those pieces wouldn't be so bad. What did he say about the honest value between the two (no what it'd take from the Canucks to convince Detroit to move Mantha)?

They have been after edler for awhile now

I think this is a good idea. I think you could get a little more for Edler.

To Detroit

Edler

3rd

To Vancouver

Quincy

Mantha

1st

Edler has a huge trade value around the league, we could easily get more. Im thinking of snatching some ready young talent like from COL/FLA.

Considering gillis's reputation around the league and how people never give us fair value in trades I think this is as realistic as it gets.

The schneider trade proved this. I am still scratching my head for how little we got for him but that's just they way it is with us right now.

However after watching yesterday's game I realized how important edler is to our team. And it's much harder to find players like him compared to mantha. He is very valuable to our team and not redundant at all in our defense. I'd rather not trade him now.

He does think Edler with Kronwall would be sick hes thinking Tatar or Nyquist b prospect and a 1st

As per Mantha he does not want to lose him since he is an ace prospect in their system will become a very dangerous player

He does think Edler with Kronwall would be sick hes thinking Tatar or Nyquist b prospect and a 1st

As per Mantha he does not want to lose him since he is an ace prospect in their system will become a very dangerous player

I think maybe Edler for kronwall and mantha is better capwise (we take back more cap) but detroit would never do it so quincy is better

Archived