The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*[PROPOSAL]* Alex Edler for Anthony Mantha+ Kyle Quincey

I know this is a bit off topic, but I didn t want to start a new thread with an Edler thread already going. I was just wondering thoughts on a possible deal with Tampa involving Edler and Purcell as the principles. I think there is a possible deal here but don t know how to make it beneficial for both teams to pull the trigger. Neither player would be a rental for the other as both are under contract. I see Purcell as a great fit w either the Sedins or Kesler.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I didn t want to start a new thread with an Edler thread already going. I was just wondering thoughts on a possible deal with Tampa involving Edler and Purcell as the principles. I think there is a possible deal here but don t know how to make it beneficial for both teams to pull the trigger. Neither player would be a rental for the other as both are under contract. I see Purcell as a great fit w either the Sedins or Kesler.

As reported today the Bolts are looking for defensive help in the trade rumour dept. I am unsure if they can afford Edler though under the cap. They're looking more towards the Isles situation who are possibly going to lose McDonald.

Which would leave the door open for Edler to go to the Islanders....

As reported today the Bolts are looking for defensive help in the trade rumour dept. I am unsure if they can afford Edler though under the cap. They're looking more towards the Isles situation who are possibly going to lose McDonald.

Which would leave the door open for Edler to go to the Islanders....

I know it s a stretch but I really do see Purcell as a good fit on our first or second line. He may be oneplayer that I would overpay a bit for, because he fits all our needs. He helps now. He s got a lot of years left in him. He's a veteran and he s still under contract until the end of the 2015- 2016 season.

Would Alex Edler and Brenden Gaunce be a temptation to at least get Tampa management looking our way?

I know it s a stretch but I really do see Purcell as a good fit on our first or second line. He may be oneplayer that I would overpay a bit for, because he fits all our needs. He helps now. He s got a lot of years left in him. He's a veteran and he s still under contract until the end of the 2015- 2016 season.

Would Alex Edler and Brenden Gaunce be a temptation to at least get Tampa management looking our way?

Edler for Purcell alone is an overpayment, you want too add gaunce to that too?

not gonna lie, this trade proposal actually makes sense, and looking at Detroit's prospect pool and the prospetcs currently playing for them I could see this deal happening.

In saying that, I think the first think Mike Gillis attempts to do with Edler is deal him to Colorado IF they are for sure interested in trading O'reilly, and if they are, Gillis is probably going to dangle Edler.

How bout with all the reg re tool talk

Edler Booth and Something small if needed (max schroeder MAX)

for

O'Reilly and PA Parenteau

Than

Kesler

for

Tatar, Mantha, Quincey and their 2014 1st

Then in the offseason:

Try and acquire a PMD

Assign Shinkaruk Mantha Fox Gaunce and Jensen all to Utica

Would be a huge boost for their fans and the team, also for their development spend the whole year there

I think Fox-Gaunce-Jensen would be a good line

And Shinkaruk and Mantha would be an offensively deadly dynamic offensive winger duo in the AHL, they would tear the league up while working on their defensive and board game.

Horvat will make the club next season, feel it in my plums, another year of OHL would be a waste. Higgins and Burr would be great first line mates for him.

next season forward line ups:

Sedin Sedin PA Parenteau

Tatar O'Reilly Kassian

Higgins Horvat Burrows

Weise/Sestitio Richardson Hansen

Wingers are interchangeble.

Next Season is the fun part:

Sedin-Sedin-PAP

Tatar-ROR-Kass

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Mantha

Higgins-Gaunce-Burrows

Should be fine under the salary cap especially with it rising.

Lui still in net.

3 scoring lines, and a checking line, I think we could roll all 4 lines

Higgins and burrows would be able to mentor Gaunce just like they did horvat, Oreilly and Hank could mentor both as well.

That would be a successful re tool in my opinion

Giving up two olympians in their prime under fair contracts would have to yield a large return

People either overvalue or undervalue Edler on here, it's gotten out of hand. I'm in no position to say his worth because it's constantly changing. All I can say for sure is that to get full value in a trade it needs to happen at the trade deadline. That's when Edler's value is at it's highest. There are exceptions to this, but most teams will pay a little more if it means they get into the playoffs. Remember hockey's a business, playoffs = $$$.

Also Mantha is not enough. Look for a precedent with this kind of player if you want an indication of what Edler's value is. I can tell you Mantha is just the start.

Archived