The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Leafs {Sat Feb 8, 3PM}

John.Tallhouse

I really believe Torts is just a stop-gap guy here. He's kind of like the new Keenan; bring him in to try to breath some life into a dead team. But alas....the act soon wears thin.

I wonder if Gulutzan was hired with the promise that if Torts gets fired, he will be hired as the head coach.

Regardless, I'm beginning to think hiring Torts was a mistake. He is way too old style; I remember that one time, he slammed the advanced statistics as being "garbage." He thinks similarly to Don Cherry, fight and hit and grind and you will win. I agree that was the element that was missing from our team the last couple of years but it looks like it's still missing. It was there for the first half of the season and now it's gone. Yeah we have so many injuries but it's the coach's job to make things work regardless of the injuries.

For one, he doesn't seem to have any strategy for offence. He is not utilizing Daniel well either. Daniel Sedin looks lost and tired even from the first period and stays that way throughout the game.

At this rate, the three Canadian teams will finish 12, 13, and 14th in the Western conference. I guess the positive is that we have a chance at the first overall pick... If we do, should we draft Reinhart or Ekblad?

I wonder if Gulutzan was hired with the promise that if Torts gets fired, he will be hired as the head coach.

Regardless, I'm beginning to think hiring Torts was a mistake. He is way too old style; I remember that one time, he slammed the advanced statistics as being "garbage." He thinks similarly to Don Cherry, fight and hit and grind and you will win. I agree that was the element that was missing from our team the last couple of years but it looks like it's still missing. It was there for the first half of the season and now it's gone. Yeah we have so many injuries but it's the coach's job to make things work regardless of the injuries.

For one, he doesn't seem to have any strategy for offence. He is not utilizing Daniel well either. Daniel Sedin looks lost and tired even from the first period and stays that way throughout the game.

At this rate, the three Canadian teams will finish 12, 13, and 14th in the Western conference. I guess the positive is that we have a chance at the first overall pick... If we do, should we draft Reinhart or Ekblad?

The advanced statistics are garbage.. Pretty much everyone knows that.

Look at the looks Luongo gives Edler when he either causes a goal or almost causes a goal with his brain dead play. I'm not a huge Luo fan but I feel sorry for the guy having to put up with all of Edlers miscues.

Ya think he wouldn't be ecstatic if they traded him? And he wouldn't be the only one.

At least bench this buffoon. He makes mistakes a pro should never make yet he plays 21-22 min. a game. At least Torts has cut his ice time down but he still plays way too much.

On another topic I hope Torts has learned you can't play your top players as much as he was. This along with injuries and lack of depth to replace the injured is imo, the big reason why they're losing right now.

I'm not saying they're a good team with everyone healthy and fresh but they should've at least been able to make the playoffs even if they wouldn't get past the first round and I don't think they will. And if they can't compete with the top teams you might as well break em up and rebuild.

Archived