The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suck Bad for Ekblad?

Well, his size says otherwise...as well as Pronger's play.

Pronger and Ekblad are both monsters size wise [Ekblad is 6-4, Pronger is 6-6], Pronger wasn't all that flashy, both are very solid on defence and rarely commit mistakes, both are physical. Oh and Ekblad has a bomb, like Pronger.

As I was saying, I see a lot of Chris Pronger in Ekblad.

Pronger was hella flashy. He, had that Lucic, killer instinct. Could do anything he wanted, physical destroyed everything. Ekblad, you could hardly say is 1/10 of what Pronger was physicality.

Highlights, in junior mean nothing. You need to look at how they translate in the NHL, otherwise, NHL scouts wouldn't need to watch hockey games, but rather just look at stat sheets all day long.

Honestly, look at his goals in that video you posted. You think any of them, would actually work in the NHL? There a HUGE question marks about how Ekblad will translate offensively to the NHL. He's not fast enough to be a puck mover, and doesn't really have good offensive tools compared to other top prospects.

Pronger was hella flashy. He, had that Lucic, killer instinct. Could do anything he wanted, physical destroyed everything. Ekblad, you could hardly say is 1/10 of what Pronger was physicality.

Highlights, in junior mean nothing. You need to look at how they translate in the NHL, otherwise, NHL scouts wouldn't need to watch hockey games, but rather just look at stat sheets all day long.

Honestly, look at his goals in that video you posted. You think any of them, would actually work in the NHL?

lol, by the looks of it, Ekblad will be able to do that. Whenever he wants to be physical, he can be like Pronger. He can change a game with a single crap.

So what you're telling me is that we don't know if it's worth tanking for him or not? That's basically what you're saying, but just a few posts ago you were saying he isn't worth tanking for...

Goal 1: Would go in at the NHL

Goal 2: Maybe. Again, has a bomb of a shot.

Goal 3: Would go in

Goal 4: Would go in as well.

In conclusion, 3/4 would go in and 1 would be possible.

Ekblad is not enough of a guarantee to purposely tank for, neither is Reinhart.

If we're doing any tanking in the future, it should be in order to get McDavid.

2015 is really deep, and should consider tanking. Even, if it's not McDavid, there are guys in the top 5 with potential generation talent right now.

Lots are talking about Noah Hanifin, who's an American defense man, whos already shown more than Ekblad. Hanifin, has higher potential, looking like he's got Taylor Hall type speed.

lol, by the looks of it, Ekblad will be able to do that. Whenever he wants to be physical, he can be like Pronger. He can change a game with a single crap.

So what you're telling me is that we don't know if it's worth tanking for him or not? That's basically what you're saying, but just a few posts ago you were saying he isn't worth tanking for...

Goal 1: Would go in at the NHL

Goal 2: Maybe. Again, has a bomb of a shot.

Goal 3: Would go in

Goal 4: Would go in as well.

In conclusion, 3/4 would go in and 1 would be possible.

Your second sentence makes absolutely no sense, so i have no idea what the hell you are trying to say.

Only the first goal, would have made it in the NHL. Ekblad isn't as good as you say, and i wouldn't want Reinhart or Ekblad. I'd rather go for a wild card in Michael Dal Colle.

There's no way in hell Ekblad is even close to Pronger. I'm not going to argue this, talk to me in 5-10 years.

Your second sentence makes absolutely no sense, so i have no idea what the hell you are trying to say.

Only the first goal, would have made it in the NHL. Ekblad isn't as good as you say, and i wouldn't want Reinhart or Ekblad. I'd rather go for a wild card in Michael Dal Colle.

There's no way in hell Ekblad is even close to Pronger. I'm not going to argue this, talk to me in 5-10 years.

Well then why would you say he isn't worth tanking for?

Michael Dal Colle? lol. Now that has seriously made me think you're a troll...

Bottom line is Ekblad already promises to be better now than any of our NHL ready D prospects outside of Hutton do.

Reinhart promises to be better than any of our Center prospects do.

But, what is that worth to us? A solid bona fide blue chip talent?

Or a 1st overall pick that can be translated into an E. Kane, O'Reilly, PK Subban?

It isn't only about drafting a player, it is about bargaining power.

Well then why would you say he isn't worth tanking for?

Michael Dal Colle? lol. Now that has seriously made me think you're a troll...

Because he isn't worth tanking for. What makes you think that my opinion changed?

I hate when people, judge things from youtube highlights, and never seen players actually play. You've never seen Ekblad play in your life and to compare him to Pronger is a joke to begin with. I hate wasting my time, talking to people like you. So I'm done.

Bottom line is Ekblad already promises to be better now than any of our NHL ready D prospects outside of Hutton do.

Reinhart promises to be better than any of our Center prospects do.

But, what is that worth to us? A solid bona fide blue chip talent?

Or a 1st overall pick that can be translated into an E. Kane, O'Reilly, PK Subban?

It isn't only about drafting a player, it is about bargaining power.

I'm not sold on Bo Horvat, but most would take him over Reinhart. Both, are in the same tier.

Dunno, why you'd mention Hutton. Still view Corrado higher than Hutton. Ekblad will be good, but he's not what the Canucks need right now. Team already has Hamhuis, who Ekblad, at best could turn into. That's why, I'm not sold on Ekblad.

Of course, it' be nice to add anything, but with Tanev and Corrado who, play a similar game. Ekblad is redundant on this team. I'd rather find a real smooth skating puck mover defense man, something Ekblad is guaranteed to not be.

I'm not sold on Bo Horvat, but most would take him over Reinhart. Both, are in the same tier.

Dunno, why you'd mention Hutton. Still view Corrado higher than Hutton. Ekblad will be good, but he's not what the Canucks need right now. Team already has Hamhuis, who Ekblad, at best could turn into. That's why, I'm not sold on Ekblad.

Because Hutton is a solid prospect we just don't get to see much of at all.

Our NCAA prospects are just as viable and valuable as anything in the CHL and we have some solid NCAA prospects.

Reinhart has a lot more offensive upside than Horvat and isn't quite the same 2 way complete player

Ekblad would be the ultimate pick up, dal Colle a great player as well.

But that 1st round pick short of drafting Ekblad is better served as a trade piece. There are some very attractive players that could be had from it via trade. Players young, under good contract, proving themselves or RFA's with proven records who will make contract talks difficult.

I've seen Ekblad play live once at the CHL top prospects game, he really is an incredible defenseman, I am certainly hoping Calgary gets him, no way Edmonton passes up on him though, so hopefully they pass Calgary in the standings, I can see Buffalo taking a forward, could be wrong. Nonetheless I don't think Vancouver will drop enough to get a top 5. Canucks will finish 7-10 in the west.

I've seen Ekblad play live once at the CHL top prospects game, he really is an incredible defenseman, I am certainly hoping Calgary gets him, no way Edmonton passes up on him though, so hopefully they pass Calgary in the standings, I can see Buffalo taking a forward, could be wrong. Nonetheless I don't think Vancouver will drop enough to get a top 5. Canucks will finish 7-10 in the west.

this.

Gillis needs to move Edler, Kesler, Burrows and get back 4 assets

1.Future stud D man with potential of becoming a true # d man unlike this franchise has ever had

2.Future 1C

3.Future first line scoring winger

4. Another top pick/prospect

my trades

1.Kesler, schroeder for B. schenn and simmonds

3.Burrows and edler to NYI for Reinhart, 2nd, 3rd

Archived