The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Oilers-Blackhawks

86Viking

This is a fairly even deal, however, I feel like Edmonton values Gagner a more than this. He's only 24 and could become a great player at any point soon. If Gagner was like 27 or something, they would surely do this deal.

Not a bad deal but I would pass. I know Bicks has been struggling but I'd rather be patient and wait for him to come around.

I know everyone sees the Kane/Gagner connection from their days in London but that doesn't mean they'll play well at the NHL level. Playing against teenagers is a far cry from playing NHL veterans. There's lots of talk about the lack of 2C in Chicago, but we didn't have one last season and did just fine. Plus Teravainen is waiting the in the wings so there's no need for a risky move like this.

they could add a pick to edmonton. But if the oilers really want to move gagner, they do receive a big forward top 9 like an above poster said, Pirri could play for them now. Both teams move a contract that they dont like.

Edmonton can try to acquire a center in another deal or with there top 5 pick this year.

I like gagner, just would never see a trade between us and them

More from Chicago. Bickell has 10p in 40gp this season and has a 4 million cap hit

That's the only concern I have from Edmonton's end. If he doesn't pick it up will that cap hit impact them re-signing their other young players? Then again, I think Gagner is a bit overrated for his cap hit so it's likely fairly even value wise.

Chicago's main concern might be getting smaller since they're already more of a skilled team and don't want to be completely devoid of size. Gagner is also fairly similar to Kruger so how much of an upgrade is he for them?

This is one of the better ideas for a proposal I've seen, and it's pretty good from Edmonton's side but I'm not sure Chicago does it.

Archived