The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] RE-BUILD

Outsiders

Offseason

TO VANCOUVER - Ryan Pulock + Scott Mayfield + 2nd +Kyle Okposo

TO NEW YORK ISLANDERS - Roberto Luongo + Alex Edler + Jordan Schroeder + 5th

New York does it because they get an allstar defenseman to play with Hamonic. a young fast,pass first center who will be great in the East. They also have a true number 1 in Luongo

Vancouver does it because we get a 1st line RW who is young, 2 young defenseman + a 2nd round pick

TO VANCOUVER - Kevin Shattenkirk + Ty Rattie

TO ST.LOUIS - Ryan Kesler + Nicklas Jensen + 4th

Vancouver does it because we finally get a defenseman to Hamhuis plus a player putting up points in the AHL

St.Louis does it because they are making a push for the cup. They can afford to give up a defenseman and a prospect for a heart and soul guy

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Okposo

_____-________-Kassain

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Lain

Hamhuis-Shattenkirk

Garrison-Tanev

Stanton-Bieksa

Lack

_______

We have 20 million dollars to get a 2nd line center an a 2nd line LW and a backup goalie thoughts?

All not too bad(admittedly unfamiliar w/NYI D-prospects). But this is the line of thinking to expedite a rebuild.

Then maybe the twins to Ottawa for Spezza, Cowen, + pick/prospect? Unless Daniel wakes up over the last twenty games, I'd probably do this deal at the draft.

Out with the old, in with the new, I say.

IMO, we lose the first deal, and St. Louis loses the second deal.

I think our three assets in the first deal are worth a fair bit more than we're getting in return.

In the second deal, I feel like Shattenkirk is worth a fair bit more than Kesler. He's probably better, and on top of that, he's younger.

Archived