The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whether or not Malkin is soft, that hit was a cheap shot. Gaudreau could have done the same thing and the same result still would have ensued.

(Really? wtf?)

Doubtful as Gaudreau could not reach his head. Who cares about Gaudreau btw? Flames fans?

Gee, I wonder if the Chicago Blackhawks are soft too, based on what Keith did to Daniel. Cheapshot artist. Dual cup winner. This is the reality, folks. Soft = Lose.

Where have you heard that Nylander's dad is interfering with the team and his son?

Can't tell if you're utterly stupid or trolling but nonetheless no point of arguing with someone who thinks Virtanen is someone we should draft.

Maybe you should start paying attention to what's being said about the kids we're poised to select, hmm? Nylander's attitude and daddy micromanagement issues have been discussed long ago.

Virtanen is a much more solid player with a much better-looking cherry-picked highlight youtube video. Based on that common cdc knowledge about these kids, he's an obvious pick over Arya Stark.

Maybe you should start paying attention to what's being said about the kids we're poised to select, hmm? Nylander's attitude and daddy micromanagement issues have been discussed long ago.

Virtanen is a much more solid player with a much better-looking cherry-picked highlight youtube video. Based on that common cdc knowledge about these kids, he's an obvious pick over Arya Stark.

wow you're so clever...

Besides, the poor 'Malkin is soft' argument is irrelevant now. We already had our Malkin talk... About Sergei 'The Next Malkin' Shirokov.

"Oh, he's not as big or as fast as Malkin, but his skill is comparable."

Now the more accurate comparable to Nylander is Coho.

They have? Oh, I've been active in this thread and trust me I haven't read anywhere that Nylander's dad has gotten in the way. I've heard of ONE report that he might have attitude issues but is one report to a possibility of 50+ reports?

Virtanen doesn't think the game well enough IMO, he has size, he has some good speed but he doesn't have the full package that you look in for a game breaker or 2nd liner in the NHL. He lacks high hockey sense, he doesn't know where to be at all times and isn't the time of guy to intercept passes by using his mind. He has been inconsistent sometimes, doesn't bring his 110% consistently.

71 points in 71 games isn't very impressive compared to a guy like Brendan Perlini who has had 71 points in 58 games and has a better hockey sense, speed, and puck skills. They both are inconsistent but I think Perlini is the better player overall.

Besides, the poor 'Malkin is soft' argument is irrelevant now. We already had our Malkin talk... About Sergei 'The Next Malkin' Shirokov.

"Oh, he's not as big or as fast as Malkin, but his skill is comparable."

Now the more accurate comparable to Nylander is Coho.

Cool guy right here.

They have? Oh, I've been active in this thread and trust me I haven't read anywhere that Nylander's dad has gotten in the way. I've heard of ONE report that he might have attitude issues but is one report to a possibility of 50+ reports?

Virtanen doesn't think the game well enough IMO, he has size, he has some good speed but he doesn't have the full package that you look in for a game breaker or 2nd liner in the NHL. He lacks high hockey sense, he doesn't know where to be at all times and isn't the time of guy to intercept passes by using his mind. He has been inconsistent sometimes, doesn't bring his 110% consistently.

71 points in 71 games isn't very impressive compared to a guy like Brendan Perlini who has had 71 points in 58 games and has a better hockey sense, speed, and puck skills. They both are inconsistent but I think Perlini is the better player overall.

No it came up again. Recently in fact.

I'm not interested in your assessment on Virtanen, but even if Virtanen is as 'dumb' a hockey player as you think, that can be coached out of him. What's there regardless is elite speed, decent size, toughness and great shooting. What cannot be coached out a player is a spoiled brat attitude and general softness, such as what Nylander seems to have, combined with ho-hum variety flash.

Perlini is alright, but so is Sonny Milano and various other prospects generally not being discussed at 6th.

No it came up again. Recently in fact.

I'm not interested in your assessment on Virtanen, but even if Virtanen is as 'dumb' a hockey player as you think, that can be coached out of him. What's there regardless is elite speed, decent size, toughness and great shooting. What cannot be coached out a player is a spoiled brat attitude and general softness, such as what Nylander seems to have, combined with ho-hum variety flash.

Perlini is alright, but so is Sonny Milano and various other prospects generally not being discussed at 6th.

Your rants are complete garbage.

Was I arguing about whether or not Malkin is soft? Wake up.

Some whining about me using the Malkin hit on Mitchell as a reason to not label Malkin soft. Should've been fairly obvious to everyone that Malkin is not soft anyway. But I'm done caring about it now.

Anything else? Hey this thread... It's about our 6th overall pick.

edit: Ah, I see. You have nothing.

Some whining about me using the Malkin hit on Mitchell as a reason to not label Malkin soft. Should've been fairly obvious to everyone that Malkin is not soft anyway. But I'm done caring about it now.

Anything else? Hey this thread... It's about our 6th overall pick.

edit: Ah, I see. You have nothing.

You brought it up first you loser. Man up.

Er, how do you "coach out" a lack of high hockey sense, something that isn't there? :blink:

He's a troll.

He doesn't like another prospect, so he idiotically talks his favourite prospect up despite being completely wrong. What's funny is that he thinks other people don't notice. We're not idiots, we look into these prospects too...

I'm going to take a minute to summarize what I generally see in this thread when I look in it:

1. "Draft Nylander!"
  2. "Don't draft Nylander, he looks like a girl and is soft"
  3. "Draft Ehlers!"
  4. "Don't draft Ehlers, he's soft and only good because of Drouin"
  5. "Draft Ritchie!"
  6. "Don't draft Ritchie, he's chunky and dominating little boys with his size"
  7. "Draft Virtanen!"
  8. "Don't draft Virtanen, he's stupid on the ice and he's pretty much David Booth"
  9. Obligatory post from Merci, ruining another pair of his underwear thinking about Ritchies size
  10. BanTSN making incredibly intelligent posts about how girly Nylander looks.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm going to take a minute to summarize what I generally see in this thread when I look in it:

1. "Draft Nylander!"
  2. "Don't draft Nylander, he looks like a girl and is soft"
  3. "Draft Ehlers!"
  4. "Don't draft Ehlers, he's soft and only good because of Drouin"
  5. "Draft Ritchie!"
  6. "Don't draft Ritchie, he's chunky and dominating little boys with his size"
  7. "Draft Virtanen!"
  8. "Don't draft Virtanen, he's stupid on the ice and he's pretty much David Booth"
  9. Obligatory post from Merci, ruining another pair of his underwear thinking about Ritchies size
  10. BanTSN making incredibly intelligent posts about how girly Nylander looks.

Rinse and repeat.

+1

Excellent.

Archived