The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers Have Tabled a "Substantial" Offer for Kesler AND Edler in Potential Blockbuster

for the trade to work along with a Schenn/Couturier and Vorchuk/Simmonds ++++ we would have to take #1 Hartnell #2 Lecavier #3 Timmonen for cap reasons or retain a big chunk of Kesler AND Edlers salary for just the remainder of this year

I'd rather not have to take back Schenn, but if we need to include him to satisfy the cap, he won't hurt the team worse than Edler. At least Torts might be able to teach him how to play defense. Edler's had numerous chances but it's obvious he lacks either the intelligence or the desire to play in his own end at an acceptable level.

I don't think Edler has that killer instinct to take it up a notch. The talent is there. We all saw it before and we all called him the next coming of Lidstrom. But then he tried to get pretty with the puck with all those inane drop passes and it came to bite him in the backside. If anything, Edler is lacking confidence and the killer instinct. Maybe his soft demeanor has something to do it but this season, getting yelled at by Torts all the time would kill anyone's confidence.

I hope That Gillis and Co. dont get overly distracted because there are so many trade posibilities surrounding the organization right now. These trades will dictate the future of this franchise. We need to get full value for any player being shipped out.

If Holmgren wants Kes, and Eddy he's gottta pay LARGE.

To Philly:

Kesler

Edler

To Van:

Shenn

Voracek

Laughton

2014 1st

2014 3rd

If Lu is gone we can trade him to Washington for Green straight up.

So keep him for the next couple years, continue to lose and then get nothing for him??? No thanks, this team isn't close at all. Kesler is at his highest value wise. Time for a rebuild on the fly.

Oh yea, trade away the ONE player actually capable of producing. Genius.

I hope That Gillis and Co. dont get overly distracted because there are so many trade posibilities surrounding the organization right now. These trades will dictate the future of this franchise. We need to get full value for any player being shipped out.

If Holmgren wants Kes, and Eddy he's gottta pay LARGE.

To Philly:

Kesler

Edler

To Van:

Shenn

Voracek

Laughton

2014 1st

2014 3rd

If Lu is gone we can trade him to Washington for Green straight up.

I don't think Philadelphia is going to part with Voracek or Simmonds, I really hope they do, but there is still a deal there to be made. Scott Laughton is a bit redundant but I wouldn't complain if he's involved.

It will probably look more like

Schenn, Read, Laughton/Hagg/Morin, 2015 1st Round Draft Pick (2014 draft is in Philadelphia and they probably want to keep it for now) & a 2014 2nd Round Draft Pick.

They may have to add 2 of the above prospects and then they would have to trade Meszaros away for a pick (probably another 2nd after they trade theirs away to us) to make it work cap wise.

No, take Edler. Keep Kesler, please. :(

I know how you're feeling - but even as someone that owns a few Kesler jerseys and would be sad to see him go, I believe this is the single best way for the Canucks to get back on track and compete again, not this year, but for years down the road. Kesler is going to net us some serious pieces, Edler and him could turn this club back into a contender again when you also add in Horvat and Shinkaruk and Jensen.

In an ideal world the Canucks move Kesler, Edler and Luongo and this team is instantly stocked to the brim with prospects, picks and younger players ready to play starting next year. It may still take 2-3 years before everyone is ready but I'd much rather see us turn around in a few years and have to give up some of my favorite players then to have to go through another stretch like 1995-2001

To Canucks: Brayden Schenn, Brandon Saad, 1st in 2015 from Philly, 3rd 2014 from Chicago

To Chicago: Ryan Kesler

To Philly: Patrick Sharp, 4th 2014 from Chicago

If that got changed to a 2014 1st from Chicago that would be a great haul for Kesler, even if thats what it ends up being thats a damn good deal. I just don't know if Philly gets enough of out it

If Kesler goes to Chi we might as well do a full rebuild because there is no way we are beating them to a cup in the next 5 years.

We're going to need 2-3 years for Horvat, Jensen, Shinkaruk, Guance and the players/picks that we acquire through any big deals to manifest into contributing top 6- top 9 players. By that point, I'm okay taking on an older Hawks team again.

any Canuck fan actually wanting to see Kesler traded is an idiot. There is a reason so many teams want him.

Not really, he has a lot of value here, YES... But, he also wants out AND this team needs a retool lets say, cuz whatever this is simply is not working. Been like this for a few yrs now.

To Canucks: Brayden Schenn, Brandon Saad, 1st in 2015 from Philly, 3rd 2014 from Chicago

To Chicago: Ryan Kesler

To Philly: Patrick Sharp, 4th 2014 from Chicago

LOLOL. Sharp, Saad and two picks for Kesler. Thanks for the laugh I needed it.

Archived