The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flyers Have Tabled a "Substantial" Offer for Kesler AND Edler in Potential Blockbuster

I dont know if I would use the word bold to describe what happened today...

Really? What is your criticism of it?

It was certainly unexpected and was a franchise changing move. The return was as good could be expected under the circumstances. It was a major move and took cajones to do, agree with the trade or not. We received a top prospect and a depth player while adding cap space.

What is the definition of 'bold' then? Isn't it 'something open to criticism' by definition?

I'm just quoting this for future reference.

Be assured, if you are wrong, I'll bring this back.

Time will tell.

Honestly, I just genuinely dislike the guy after watching him play for Sweden. I'm pretty confident Lack could be a long-term solution. We didn't need another goalie prospect, and we just opened ourselves up to Luongo totally screwing us with the recapture.

As for Markstrom. think about how you'd react if the Canucks had traded for a player you despise.

I would have to say any offer from Pittsburgh involving Sutter is pointless now that we have Matthias. If Pittsburgh is serious about wanting Kesler, they need to start with James Neal. I say this because we absolutely need top 6 offensive talent in return if we are considering moving Kesler. If Pittsburgh gets Kesler, I'd want Neal + Pouliot. Sounds steep for them? Well that's what it should take for a Selke candidate who has potential to take over a game (even a playoff series) who is at a very reasonable price tag.

I like what Philly has to offer if Couturier or Schenn are available. Again, the offer better get us top 6 talent as I could care less for their bottom 6 players. Kesler and Edler for Couturier, Coburn, Hartnell and 1st/2nd.

Kesler to Pittsburgh for James Neal

Edler to Philly for Couturier and Read

Sign UFA Callahan and buyout Booth and trade Hansen for picks. Mathias would have to battle Horvat for the 3rd C. Shinkaruk would probably still need to develop more, same with Gaunce.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Neal-Couturier-Callahan

Higgins-Mathias-Kassian

Santorelli-Richardson-Read

Corrado-Hamhuis

Bieksa-Garrison

Tanev-Stanton

Lack

Markstrom

Honestly, I just genuinely dislike the guy after watching him play for Sweden. I'm pretty confident Lack could be a long-term solution. Think about how you'd react if the Canucks had traded for a player you despise.

I very rarely despise players.

The game, which I love, doesn't illicit that type of reaction for me. I'm a fan of the game.

I don't respect certain players but that's a far cry from having emotions I save for real life. Maybe you're different.

I very rarely despise players.

The game, which I love, doesn't illicit that type of reaction for me. I'm a fan of the game.

I don't respect certain players but that's a far cry from having emotions I save for real life. Maybe you're different.

Fine. Imagine what your reaction would be if your team traded for a player you have absolutely zero respect for.

Fine. Imagine what your reaction would be if your team traded for a player you have absolutely zero respect for.

I don't lost all respect for a 19 year old doing everything he can to help his country win a gold.

If you thought you could help Canada win a gold medal by diving and you were on the WJC team... Many would do the same.

If he continues to do the same thing with the Canucks, sure. I choose to give him a chance though.

I don't have to imagine it. I've lived it.

But I also am aware it's a business, all too well, and that I'm a passenger on the ride. If I don't like it I can get off. It's just entertainment after all.

I am fortunate to be in a situation where I talk to quite a few players from junior through the NHL. Despising players is very different to not liking what they do in gameplay.

One thing I know is that players and their styles change over time. I will never hate a 24 year old until I meet him and it will have very little to do with what they do on the ice.

Brad Marchant?

I've never met him.

Yes, I dislike his game.

I don't want him on the Canucks but I also don't want him playing that game anywhere in the NHL. It doesn't matter what team he is on. If he was a Canuck my goal wouldn't be to trade him it would be to make him an honest player as he is a very good hockey player.

I believe in working with players to make then the best they can be, not jettisoning them because they have aspects of their game I don't like. If it was a personal issue I would have no compunction and Brad may fit into that small sphere.

Really? What is your criticism of it?

It was certainly unexpected and was a franchise changing move. The return was as good could be expected under the circumstances. It was a major move and took cajones to do, agree with the trade or not. We received a top prospect and a depth player while adding cap space.

What is the definition of 'bold' then? Isn't it 'something open to criticism' by definition?

lol I was thinking more along the lines of brutal instead of bold . Clearly we disagree. It didn't take cajones he is desperate as hell and the return shows it.

I'm just quoting this for future reference.

Be assured, if you are wrong, I'll bring this back.

Time will tell.

You might have multiple occasions over a number of years to bring that one back. Make sure you keep it somewhere safe!

I would much prefer a buyout. Nice, clean capspace with no threat of recapture looming over the franchise, not to mention not having to eat the salary.

Markstrom's a guy who's already regressed after an injury, who seems to like flopping all over the ice whenever a forward breathes on him. He'll get 40 diving penalties a season if the Canucks let him act like he did at the World Juniors. I'm not happy to see him come here in the slightest.

Yeah right!

You would cough up $22. 57 mill for absolutely nothing instead of trade Lou and keep that in your bank account??? :sick:

Then commit in advance to spending even more cap money "saved" on something unknown...

The Bruce McNall school of management.

People are so stupid when it's someone elses money! :wub:

Yeah right!

You would cough up $22. 57 mill for absolutely nothing instead of trade Lou and keep that in your bank account??? :sick:

Then commit in advance to spending even more cap money "saved" on something unknown...

The Bruce McNall school of management.

People are so stupid when it's someone elses money! :wub:

Looks like King Huffy has a new whipping boy in Markstrom.

Archived