The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Rebuid Trades

NOTE: ALL OF THESE TRADES ARE ASSUMING THEY WAIVE THEIR NTC'S. Which after the 1st star on the team does, there will be a domino effect, hopefully. Also, since I've packaged 2 teammates in the blockbusters in each deal, there's a more likely chance they waive.

Embrace the Rebuild. Another assumption is that Gillis is fired so the gm will be bring change. In my disscusion of whether the sedins were untouchable or not, most ppl said they'd like to trade them but the contracts are too much and they're declining so here are my offers:

To NYR: Henrik and Daniel Sedin (50% of their salaries retained)

To VAN: Kreider, 1st and 2nd

To PHI: Kesler and Edler

To Van: 2 of Laughton/Schenn/Couturier/Simmonds, 1st and 2nd

To PIT Higgins

To VAN: 3rd and 4th

To MTL: Richardson

To VAN: 3rd

To CBJ: Hansen and 4th

To Van: 2nd

I think that these players will be willing to waive their NTC's even tho they said they wouldnt. Every player wants to win a cup. Hammer, Juice, Garrison, Burr stay to mentor young guns or because in the case for hammer and garrison, their hometown province is BC and i dont think they'll leave. Every team hates Burr and Booth stays because we'll have enough cap to keep him anyways. A bit unrealistic to think that the Sedins will move but i think it's 50/50 whether they'd waive. They wouldn't want too, but would do it for a fresh start, chance at a cup and for the good of the canucks. Also, AV's there and i think they liked getting coached by him instead of torts. Then next year we will have 1 of the worst teams in the league and potneitally get McDavid or Eichel.

Thoughts?

the sedins will not be traded....philly won't do that deal and i'ld rather keep higgins and hansen...

i can see kesler and edler being moved and booth being bought out.....

i don't think we have as much defensive depth as some people seem to think....

we can't assume that any rookies will make this team next year...we can hope but not expect it...

So Combined with the 15% of Luongos contract you suggest the Canucks eat 8M a season for 4 years on contracts..

Get real....

What do you suggest we do with the twins then? No team wants aging vets at $7m a piece. That deal is great for both teams. Also, if we're going into a rebuild, we dont need loads of cap room. What team wants to spend $14m on 33yo that are out of their prime. Its better for the canucks to go into a rebuild now vs later like the flames. Every1 says, what about Edmonton? Edmonton got nobody BIG or any defense. Different story for nucks.

Bottom Line:

Cap is set at around $70m next year

Sedins cost $14m

They take up 20% of next years cap. 20%. Can't get points and they're getting paid that much. You tell me what team will take them for that much. We have to trade them. The window has closed, salvage what u can...

Lol at the Sedin trade.

Like i said to the other guy...

What do you suggest we do with the twins then? No team wants aging vets at $7m a piece. That deal is great for both teams. Also, if we're going into a rebuild, we dont need loads of cap room. What team wants to spend $14m on 33yo that are out of their prime. Its better for the canucks to go into a rebuild now vs later like the flames. Every1 says, what about Edmonton? Edmonton got nobody BIG or any defense. Different story for nucks.

Bottom Line:

Sedins cost $14m

They take up 20% of next years cap. 20%. Can't get points and they're getting paid that much. You tell me what team will take them for that much. We have to trade them. The window has closed, salvage what u can...

the sedins will not be traded....philly won't do that deal and i'ld rather keep higgins and hansen...

i can see kesler and edler being moved and booth being bought out.....

i don't think we have as much defensive depth as some people seem to think....

we can't assume that any rookies will make this team next year...we can hope but not expect it...

We don't need anybody over the age of like 28 if we're rebuilding. The window closed last year. I'd rather get the rookies some time so we can get back to contending faster.

We get butchered in all but one deal... Very good proposal.

I assume you're talking about the Sedins trade.

Bottom Line:

Sedins cost $14m

Imagine if MG didn't resign the twins as early as he did. Would we all be talking about trading them and not kesler?

Good point. I would imagine MG would find a way to screw it up. He always does... *cough* Kassian, Ballard and Booth *cough*

Archived