The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Scoreboard Watching Thread

VIC_CITY

Dallas seems to be in a bit of a funk right now.

Unfortunately the Canucks are not able to take advantage of it.

Now Phx is the 8th...If you look at games played to points ratio, Canucks are behind everyone. Preds could leap us tomorrow with a win tonight and tomorrow.

Coyotes play bruins , rangers and hawks and very difficult teams I believe.

Coyotes do have a tough schedule left but they are winning games we predicted they would lose like for example against the Kings. Coyotes also have some winnable games. As for the Canucks they have still gotta play Ducks x2 and Avs x2. You are probably the most optimistic person here for the Nux to make the playoffs it would take a miracle!

Coyotes do have a tough schedule left but they are winning games we predicted they would lose like for example against the Kings. Coyotes also have some winnable games. As for the Canucks they have still gotta play Ducks x2 and Avs x2. You are probably the most optimistic person here for the Nux to make the playoffs it would take a miracle!

Honestly the Canucks most likely won't make it but it is what it is! Yesterday the coyotes got dominated just Mike Smith was great

Vancouver is not going to make the playoffs. I don't like that any more than any other Canucks fan. I would love to see them lose all of their remaining games by a score of 7-6. The team seriously needs as high a draft position as it can get, either to draft a player ready to step in, or to deal the high pick for someone who can help immediately.

As a Canuck fan since the very beginning (1962 actually, but they weren't in the NHL yet) I am tired of the draft-then-wait-four-years syndrome. I'm not getting any younger and I'd like to see the club win the Stanley Cup while I am still on the right side of the grass. And I don't care if it is Mike Gillis or somebody else in the GM's position, just do something.

I look at it this way....

Phx w/ 12 games remaining. If they play .500 hockey they finish with 91 pts.

Dal w/ 13 games remaining. If they go 6-6-1 they finish with 88 pts.

Van w/ 10 games remaining....

We need to get to AT LEAST 90 pts to have a chance, hoping that Phx and Dal have average finishes. That means we need to win at least 8 of 10.

.....Unfortunately, I think the only way we get in is winning the rest of the games.

Dallas and Phoenix play each other for their last game as well, same night that we play Calgary for our last game. Could come down to that night if we string a bunch of wins together.

Some other things to note...

-Of the remaining games:

-Percentage of home games: Canucks (70%), Phoenix (50%), Dallas (~46%)

-Back to back games: Dallas (4), Phoenix (3), Canucks (2)

-Longest road trip: Dallas (5), Phoenix (3), Canucks (2)

-VS top 10 teams: Canucks (6), Phoenix (5), Dallas (4)

-Both times the Ducks play in Van they are on the end of back to backs vs Edmonton

And for the hell of it, my prediction of the final standings after the remaining games:

Dal 6-6-1 to finish at 88 points

Phx 5-5-2 to finish at 91 points

Van 6-3-1 to finish at 87 points (Would have needed to go 8-1-1 to tie Phoenix)

I look at it this way....

Phx w/ 12 games remaining. If they play .500 hockey they finish with 91 pts.

Dal w/ 13 games remaining. If they go 6-6-1 they finish with 88 pts.

Van w/ 10 games remaining....

We need to get to AT LEAST 90 pts to have a chance, hoping that Phx and Dal have average finishes. That means we need to win at least 8 of 10.

.....Unfortunately, I think the only way we get in is winning the rest of the games.

Dallas and Phoenix play each other for their last game as well, same night that we play Calgary for our last game. Could come down to that night if we string a bunch of wins together.

Some other things to note...

-Of the remaining games:

-Percentage of home games: Canucks (70%), Phoenix (50%), Dallas (~46%)

-Back to back games: Dallas (4), Phoenix (3), Canucks (2)

-Longest road trip: Dallas (5), Phoenix (3), Canucks (2)

-VS top 10 teams: Canucks (6), Phoenix (5), Dallas (4)

-Both times the Ducks play in Van they are on the end of back to backs vs Edmonton

And for the hell of it, my prediction of the final standings after the remaining games:

Dal 6-6-1 to finish at 88 points

Phx 5-5-2 to finish at 91 points

Van 6-3-1 to finish at 87 points (Would have needed to go 8-1-1 to tie Phoenix)

Nice break down! Wonder if minny will slip down? Maybe Canucks and coyotes both get in? Minny has a crazy schedule coming up...

Archived