The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Scoreboard Watching Thread

VIC_CITY

Aside from our constant injuries it sure seems like everything is falling into place for us to make a push for the wild card.

Watch for that final game of Dal vs. Phx to be a big one for us. I have a feeling we will be watching and hoping it turns out a certain way so we secure a spot.

....if we keep winning of course.

Actually, this might be useful here too:

BjV7zKmCQAICT64.jpg

I posted it in the magic number thread a little while back, but with that, this thread and the other thread with possible playoff scenarios I can't remember which one I want to follow for discussion.

Lol no. There playing the jets.... Let's see how they handle the hawks tmrw then the blues

Winnipeg is three points behind the Canucks with just one less win and 26 more goals scored.

Whereas,Buffalo is gutted and have 28 points fewer than Vancouver and with the lowest goals scored in the entire league,fall short of Winnipeg by 64 goals.

Colorado,Minnesota,LA and Anaheim are huge opponents for the Canucks without their captain and leading scorer.

Aside from our constant injuries it sure seems like everything is falling into place for us to make a push for the wild card.

Watch for that final game of Dal vs. Phx to be a big one for us. I have a feeling we will be watching and hoping it turns out a certain way so we secure a spot.

....if we keep winning of course.

Are you freaking serious? There's no way we are getting that last spot.

Im a realist. I am as big a fan as anyone on these boards but we need to beat Minni away (our record isn't good there) Anaheim twice(we know what happened there) the Kings and the AV's to have any chance.

Even then we rely on other teams faltering. Dallas are three points up on us with two games in hand. There last game is against the coyotes possibly without Smith. They play the Preds twice at home, the Panthers away. Also they play the Blues second to last game at home, the Blues will have probably locked up that number one seed by then.

If Smith is out then PHX is done

So we can look at DAL

DAL has 11 games remaining, they currently have 79 points.

If they lose 7games(CHI,STL,WSH,TBL,CBJ,STL,FLA) [Lou would have to steal a game for us]

They would finish with 88 Points

We have 9 games remaining, We have 76 points

If we go 6-2-1 we will have 89 points

Some people would call this Extreme Optimism,

I call it making the most out of a tough situation

Im a realist. I am as big a fan as anyone on these boards but we need to beat Minni away (our record isn't good there) Anaheim twice(we know what happened there) the Kings and the AV's to have any chance.

Even then we rely on other teams faltering. Dallas are three points up on us with two games in hand. There last game is against the coyotes possibly without Smith. They play the Preds twice at home, the Panthers away. Also they play the Blues second to last game at home, the Blues will have probably locked up that number one seed by then.

Minnesota was an issue where Luongo for whatever reason had a tough record there. Anaheim is 4-4-2 in their last 10 games and have one of if not the worst PP the last couple months (and we play them at home both times instead of in their barn). The Kings are at home too, as is one of the games against the Avs so there's no question we could benefit from our schedule due to a lot of home games and finishing off against Edmonton and Calgary.

Dallas also has a 5 game road trip (4 of those games in the East) in the middle of their remaining schedule, and play St Louis twice plus Tampa and Washington (who's fighting for their own playoff spot) on the road. They do play some easier teams in there but it's not a given after they lost 4 in a row just prior to wins against Ottawa and Winnipeg (both struggling teams) they can grab that 8th spot.

I agree that it's unlikely, just saying there's a chance.

Archived