The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] March12: Vancouver @ Winnipeg

TheRussianRocket.

The team is already tanking regardless of what I do. I'm not one of those fans that thinks they can control what a team does based on their mindset.

I'm associating myself with it because I believe it's the most rational way of thinking based on where the team is currently at.

I've cheered for this team to make the playoffs before despite all odds, only to see us get average pick after average pick. Meanwhile other teams who weren't much worse than us continued to get better because they drafted high and built a contender.

Be appalled then. Finish 18th every year. See where that gets you.

As for your cheering for the team, go ahead, nobody's stopping you. Put on all your Canucks jerseys, drink Coke from your Canuck mug, high-five your cat all night long...it's all good. Knock yourself out.

But I want this team to turn things around as soon as possible so they can challenge for a Cup again. A top-5 pick is most likely to help that along quicker than hoping this stale collection of players can reinvent themselves.

Those of us that still want our team to win every night are just as aware as you regarding the odds, eventual outcomes and hockey history. We are aware of how draft picks work. You don't 'know' anything we don't.

We all want the same thing in the end.

It's just how we act between there and here that's the difference.

Those of us that still want our team to win every night are just as aware as you regarding the odds, eventual outcomes and hockey history. We are aware of how draft picks work. You don't 'know' anything we don't.

Again, you're making it sound like I'm cheering against them. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Every win I'm happy, every loss I'm happy. That's the only way I can stay sane through a season that has been among our worst in franchise history.

Again, you're making it sound like I'm cheering against them. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Every win I'm happy, every loss I'm happy. That's the only way I can stay sane through a season that has been among our worst in franchise history.

I never suggested you were.

I originally was addressing those who were.

You associated yourself with that mentality, not me.

A Tanker is someone who wants their team to lose. That should be obvious. You called yourself one.

What difference? We're all just sitting here on the sofa looking at a TV screen. None of what we do affects anything. The Canucks have blown this season without me wishing them do so or not.

its obvious that we all have different philosophies when it comes to this team and where its going .. the fact that posters stomp on someone either way for having a different opinion is where this all goes sideways ...

I guess we all just belittle each other after getting belittled lol

We're all Canucks guys, jeez!

To all the future-girls/boys and tomorrow-dreamers: Live in the Now.

The strategy to tank the year so you get better picks does not guarantee top picks will pan out for you. Look at Deadmonton. It's a very long wait then and a loser mentality like that has the worst probability in my 30+ years as a fan. You don't suddenly start winning after they make the team and it could be a very long process in which they forget what winning feels like. And how many Hall of Famers were picked outside of first round like Robitaille or even undrafted like Ciccarelli.

It's more than just first round players. A team requires chemistry and really some luck like the Kings had. You can't solely engineer or trade your way to the Cup. It's part of it, but there are way too many variables and most of them are intangibles that it comes down to a roll of the dice some times.

So stop "thinking" (and when you do think smarter) and Play in the Now. Or for those of us that particpate on couches: Watch in the Now. And enjoy your team win or lose--a real fan would never wish for their team to lose. Ever.

Next season is already done?

That's what you are saying.

You aren't thinking big picture. You are thinking that the only way out of the slide is to lose. I wouldn't want you in my dressing room or administration.

That's not what he's saying....you're just putting words in his mouth to try and strengthen your point. I think his perspective isn't negative at all... this isn't a one and done deal, there are other seasons that follow this year. And considering what's happened this year, especially with injuries, the odds of us winning the cup are slim and none. Realistically, I doubt we even make it past the 1st round (I'm not saying I hope we get swept....just being realistic).

So why not hope for a better pick...in order to secure a better future? Every team does this. We need at least one and possibly two early picks in order to be a serious playoff team in the future (I'm hoping with Bo here, one more is all we need). Where do you think the Canucks would be without having the Sedins?...early picks are essential for a any teams future.

I want the cup as much as you or anyone else. From the beginning of the season, I was at peace with this team, regardless of wins or losses. Now, when you couple Kes' injury to the others...I don't see the point in sneaking into a playoff spot or fighting for it. I'd prefer to use the rest of the year to get some NHL time for the prospects, practicing the PP, getting rid of any and all bad puck luck (so happy for Bur), etc.

Consider this year as just a battle....the war is still going on!

Of course they're gonna try, but lets face it the odds are very against them

They're 4 back of Dallas and Dallas has 3 games in hand. The Canucks basically have to go 12 and 2 to make it.

If they had held on to their 3 goal lead or even beaten Dallas in a pivotal game they would have a much better shot. Unfortunately they've just dropped the ball too many times.

Well technically the Stars have been losing one of those games in hand for 3 days.

Archived