The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dion Phaneuf LEVELS... James van Riemsdyk?

It's sad that Phaneuf will be the highest-paid defenseman in the country starting next season unless Subban gets even more. Sadder that some blue-blood homers even claim that he's the best defenseman in the country. Even sadder still is that there aren't many defensemen in this country that are just clearly better to discredit that argument.

And gee, all the Canadian teams are kinda weak? You don't say...

Let there be no mistake, when it comes to Canada going cupless for the foreseeable future, we're all in this together.

It's sad that Phaneuf will be the highest-paid defenseman in the country starting next season unless Subban gets even more. Sadder that some blue-blood homers even claim that he's the best defenseman in the country. Even sadder still is that there aren't many defensemen in this country that are just clearly better to discredit that argument.

And gee, all the Canadian teams are kinda weak? You don't say...

Let there be no mistake, when it comes to Canada going cupless for the foreseeable future, we're all in this together.

I don't know about that. I think you made some terrific arguments earlier in the season about why Hamhuis was better. I'd also put Karlsson and Byfug on that list.

Hate on Phaneuf all you want but he has been excellent for the Leafs this season. Plays huge minutes every night against top line opposition and is doing it with good success. So far he has been worth every penny of his new deal and if he was a Canuck you guys would love him (A lot of hate still going on around here from his days as a Flame I guess).

Hate on Phaneuf all you want but he has been excellent for the Leafs this season. Plays huge minutes every night against top line opposition and is doing it with good success. So far he has been worth every penny of his new deal and if he was a Canuck you guys would love him (A lot of hate still going on around here from his days as a Flame I guess).

You are out of your mind ! If he was a Canuck I would puke. The guy is one of the biggest d-bag liabilities in his own end in the entire game just ask fLAMES fans.

Archived