The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ANA - 3/29/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

So on Saturday Canucks will get a major break because it's Minny vs Phx. If PHX wins they move to 7th and if minny wins, PHX doesnt get a point.

We need PHX to win, why? Because Minny's next 4 games: PHX,CHI,LA,PIT. Lets say Minny loses all their games in reg. and Canucks win their next 3, we tie Minny in points and they also wont have any games in hand. We also have to hope that DAL goes on a losing slid.

Canucks schedule isnt easy though ANA,NYR,LA.

BUT YOU MUST BELIEVE IN BLUE!! and MIRACLES!!

Gotta win two more games than Dallas down the stretch now basically. And they have two more opportunities than us.

Only chance is catching Minny now IMO. They`ve gotta go 2-6 and we`ve gotta go 5-1-1, or they go 3-5 and we go 6-0-1.

Then just gotta hope Dallas goes 4-5.

ALOT needs to go right in the next couple weeks.

My predictions were

Wild W

Aves W

Anaheim OTL

NYR W

LA OTL

Anaheim W

Colorado W

Edmonton W

Calgary W

Nothing far-fetched about that

Yeah,the team that can't win three in a row for months on end is not going to lose in those nine games.

Hopefully Anaheim's 51 shot effort against the Oilers tonight will have tired them out for tomorrow.

Scrivens held the door shut and Oilers won that in OT.

Maybe all of those shots just to come up short will be a confidence breaker?

If this team defies all the odds and makes the playoffs, it will be a tough one.....

5 and 6 points behind the Wild Card holders, and they both have a game in hand on the Canucks. Dallas is 3 and 4 points behind the Wild Card holders, and they have 2 games in hand on the Canucks.

Vancouver will have to win basically all of the remaining games to make it, and might not even if they do.

I say....this is the playoff breaker right here. If we lose it's over. Hell, I thought it was over last game but if they manage to pull something out of this game against an elite team they might carry the confidence through the final games.

That's being overly positive though. I don't think the Canucks will have a playoffs this year.

Nothing wrong with that at all but I'm sure you're also the type of Canucks fan that will predict they'll beat NYR, LA, Anaheim again, Colorado, Edmonton and Calgary right?

Better than being the type of Canucks fan that would rather have the team tank.

It's douchey to be a blind homer, you realize the Ducks beat the Canucks 9-1 last time right?

No.

It's "douchey" to post negative crap in a GDT where nobody cares about what you think.

So on Saturday Canucks will get a major break because it's Minny vs Phx. If PHX wins they move to 7th and if minny wins, PHX doesnt get a point.

We need PHX to win, why? Because Minny's next 4 games: PHX,CHI,LA,PIT. Lets say Minny loses all their games in reg. and Canucks win their next 3, we tie Minny in points and they also wont have any games in hand. We also have to hope that DAL goes on a losing slid.

Canucks schedule isnt easy though ANA,NYR,LA.

BUT YOU MUST BELIEVE IN BLUE!! and MIRACLES!!

The Hockey Gods are going to be like, "nah, I'll just give both PHX and MIN a point.".

People still think this team can make the playoffs, lol. You should all be hoping for losses so the Canucks can finally draft a highly skilled offensive stud like Hodgson was.

Hodgson has 16g 20a with a total of 36 points. Not to mention -22.

People still think this team can make the playoffs, lol. You should all be hoping for losses so the Canucks can finally draft a highly skilled offensive stud like Hodgson was.

Isn't there a bridge somewhere your supposed to be under...

Hodgson has 16g 20a with a total of 36 points. Not to mention -22.

Zack Kassian

1.79 points per 60 minutes

66GP 13G 12A 25 Points 1G came on the power play

42.1% offensive zone starts

-1.7 Corsi

Cody Hodgson

1.89 points per 60 minutes

63GP 16G 20A 36 Points - 7G 9A 16 Points came on the power play.

45% Offensive zone starts

-3.1 Corsi

5 on 5 Zack Kassian has better numbers. Cody gets more PP time yet more premium ice time on the 1st line and still only puts up .1 more points per game. Zack Kassian has weaker line mates as well.

Kassian > Hodgson.

Hopefully Anaheim's 51 shot effort against the Oilers tonight will have tired them out for tomorrow.

Scrivens held the door shut and Oilers won that in OT.

Maybe all of those shots just to come up short will be a confidence breaker?

If this team defies all the odds and makes the playoffs, it will be a tough one.....

5 and 6 points behind the Wild Card holders, and they both have a game in hand on the Canucks. Dallas is 3 and 4 points behind the Wild Card holders, and they have 2 games in hand on the Canucks.

Vancouver will have to win basically all of the remaining games to make it, and might not even if they do.

I say....this is the playoff breaker right here. If we lose it's over. Hell, I thought it was over last game but if they manage to pull something out of this game against an elite team they might carry the confidence through the final games.

That's being overly positive though. I don't think the Canucks will have a playoffs this year.

3-4 points behind with a win. Good news we made up ground on Dallas. Remember when we were 3-5 points away from them last week? We'll know it's 0-2 points. We can tie them with a win. Point is we might miss the playoffs but withs minny Schedule and the fact they could easily go 2-6/3-5 down the stretch we should not count ourselves out. It's very easy for minny to lose the next 3 and we win the next 3 and be tied in points with same amount of games and the tie breaker

Just gotta hope Dallas starts losing or goes 500

Dallas plays the blues tmrw in a big game. A loss increases are playoff chances at 0.6%

A win for us gives us a 2.6% increase

Everything goes right 6.4% could be our total :towel: if we keep winning hopefully that will sky rocket ;)

Archived