The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investment Ideas?

KoreanHockeyFan

I missed the part where spmeone told me said it was a couple thousand dollars. If that is how little money it is then invest in a high risk penny stock...anything else will be nothing at that much money to invest.

Dudes in Uni. He has 40 years till retirement. $2000 invested wisely will balloon over that time. Buying quality stocks at a 10% rate of return is completely reasonable. That $2000 will be $90,000 at retirement. Keep adding in $2000 a year or more and those numbers spike upwards dramatically.

As they say: buy land, they're not making any more of it.

He has a few grand. How much land is he going to buy? Besides are land prices expected to go up? They seem pretty flat right now. The boom of 2000 - 2008 is long over.

I was originally thinking about buying an apartment in richmond, but I'm still optimistic that prices are going to come down a bit in the future

Richmond's a horrible place to buy land. Nice area, but when the major earthquake hits you have a nice piece of land under the ocean.

Netsuites stock .... look for it on the ny stock exchange .. Its under N

if you can wait for a year in a half or 2 I have great reason to believe this cloud company stock will climb to 400 .. it is at 90 now ..

study it .. i think you'll find it very interesting ..

The kid is a university student. What good is it to him buying an option for $90/share.

A measly 1000 shares is already $90,000.

Unless the kid has 6 figures to play with, buying high priced blue chip stocks is useless. Leave that to hedge funds.

There is also almost no volume on "N" and at that price, having no div or yield is pretty ridiculous.

If you want a good ROI on a smaller amount of money and know what you are doing penny stocks are the way to go. Call it scams, guaranteed losses ect ect. but plenty are making money.

So I know there are many people on these boards who know a thing or two about money, so I guess this thread is directed towards you guys.

I've accumulated some money that I don't see myself using in the immediate future and I don't want it sitting in my savings account at a low rate of return. Right now, I have some money in a mutual fund TFSA, and I can easily start pumping more money into this, but I've made this thread to see other possible options. I hear diversifying your investments is good?

Mind you, I don't have a lot of money, I'm still a college student, but I just want to get into this stuff and get familiar with ways to get my money to do some work.

I've heard things about gold, silver, etc, government bonds. Anything more, and worth investing in?

Just use Tom Vu's money making method if you want to make millins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzsSpDyBc_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K853GykeGH0

Archived