The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs (4) Columbus Blue Jackets

Who will win the series?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

According to the analogy you are putting forth, it means we trade our 6th overall for some 2nd rounder to find those players .

If thats what you get from it you need a double take, There's a difference between just pure skill and a mixture of skill and size in a player. Yzerman, Zetterberg, Toews, Bergeron, Getzlaf, and the great Forsberg... They have a ton of skill but they are also willing to put their bodies on the line and go out and out battle the other team.

It doesn't just mean size, Gallagher is only 5 '9 and he plays with ton of heart, doesn't shy after from hitting, he goes in and out battles players twice his size. If he only relied on his skill he be shut down and become a perimeter type player, we got a team full of them. You don't have to be flashy, in fact you rarely see flashy in playoffs

CBJ is a league inspiration. Making it work with a team full of no-names. Canucks should take note: give everyone a chance to earn their ice time and give them the confidence to step it up.

I know the Pens have been a little "chokey" the last few playoffs, but even I've been surprised by this Columbus team. They're certainly proving their massive improvements last year were no accident.

I hope CBJ wins this series so hard. They keep this kind of play up, and they'll have a damn good chance.

I hope CBJ wins too, but I doubt they'd get much farther past the Pens. Not every team in the playoffs has their star players ice cold and goalie choking, heh.

I hope CBJ wins too, but I doubt they'd get much farther past the Pens. Not every team in the playoffs has their star players ice cold and goalie choking, heh.

Oh definitely. I would certainly just be happy seeing and average team beat the "Godlike" Pens. If they make it further, even better. But I do agree, if they do make it past the Pens, I can't see them going a whole lot further anyway.

If the Pens fail to make it past the Jacket, Fleury will likely be gone IMO.

Makes sense. With Miller, Hiller, Elliot, Halak free agents or they could let him play the last year of his contract and get Schneider/Niemi/Bishop next offseason but that's banking on them not resigning but I don't think tbl will shell out 6+ for bishop

Makes sense. With Miller, Hiller, Elliot, Halak free agents or they could let him play the last year of his contract and get Schneider/Niemi/Bishop next offseason but that's banking on them not resigning but I don't think tbl will shell out 6+ for bishop

Doubt Schneider is going anywhere, Brodeur was hinting at going to a different team next year.

Archived