The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

New updates from [NHL.com Draft Profiles].

Nothing that we don't already know:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=85782&sort=finalRank&year=2014

• In 2013-14, Ehlers finished fourth in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with 104 points (49-55—104) in 63 games. Ehlers then added 28 points (11-17—28) in 16 postseason games before the Mooseheads were eliminated in the seventh game of their third round series against Val-d’Or. Ehlers formed a dynamic duo in Halifax while playing alongside Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin (selected third overall in the 2013 NHL Draft). Drouin (29-79—108) finished third in League scoring, Ehlers finished fourth.

• His impressive 2013-14 season saw him earn a multitude of QMJHL awards including: Rookie of the Year, Offensive Rookie of the Year and Best Professional Prospect along with All-Rookie Team and Second Team All-Star selections. He led all rookies in goals, assists and points and led the entire League with a plus-65 rating.

• Part of Denmark's gold medal-winning teams at the 2014 Under-20 World Junior Championship (Division 1, Group A) and the 2013 Under-18 World Junior Championship (Division 1, Group A) where he led all players with eight assists (3-8—11) in five games.

• His father, Heinz Ehlers, played 16 seasons of professional hockey across four different European professional leagues from 1984-85 to 2001-02. His brother Sebastian, skates for the Aalborg Pirates in Denmark’s premiere league.

• Ehlers played soccer at the national team level until he was 14, before choosing to pursue hockey full-time.

• He speaks five languages – Danish, English, French, German and Swiss.

FAVORITES

NHL team: Dallas Stars

NHL player: Mike Modano

Shootout move: "I have a few I like to use."

Goal celebration: "Touching the ice with the glove and punch."

Video game: NHL14

Movie: Pearl Harbor

Actor: Jason Statham

Sport (other than hockey): Soccer, golf, tennis

This is a good read. Thanks for bringing it here. :)

↑ I never denied any responsibility over this arguement. I think it is split 50/50 between both of us and it should end/

I think if we are going to draft a high risk player I would take Nylander. I think he has a better offensive upside and better offensive skills than Ehlers, although I wouldn't be against Ehlers simply because he is insanely fast and had a good rookie season.

If were going the safe route I would take Ritchie. I don't think Virtanen is worthy of the 6th pick. Ritchie's floor would be a good 4th liner and his ceiling could be a 60-70 point PWF. The thought of Kassian and Ritchie on the same line makes him very tempting.

But with that said any of Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, or Dal Colle should be taken ahead of these guys.

Who posted in: NIKOLAJ EHLERS

Did you just go spend time counting up how many times people come to a thread? How normal can that be?

Its not surprising I am here the most. We have all known that. I am loving Ehlers. I think he is a great prospect. I have no idea if we will take him but I am impressed. In fact, I will probably follow his career. Along with Reinhart. I am loving that guy as well.

Its normal to post in topics where you enjoy it and its fun. How normal is it to be one of the biggest posters in a thread where to put the prospect down and argue with the people support him?

Most dont think it is.

↑ I never denied any responsibility over this arguement. I think it is split 50/50 between both of us and it should end/

I think if we are going to draft a high risk player I would take Nylander. I think he has a better offensive upside and better offensive skills than Ehlers, although I wouldn't be against Ehlers simply because he is insanely fast and had a good rookie season.

If were going the safe route I would take Ritchie. I don't think Virtanen is worthy of the 6th pick. Ritchie's floor would be a good 4th liner and his ceiling could be a 60-70 point PWF. The thought of Kassian and Ritchie on the same line makes him very tempting.

But with that said any of Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, or Dal Colle should be taken ahead of these guys.

There is no debate on who started it. You did. I am glad you want to move beyond it. Very.

So you dont think we should draft Ehlers ? I cannot tell you how surprised I am. I disagree about Ehlers being a 'risk' . I fail to see how nor has any argument been made over the last 55 pages to support it. All prospects are risks. What risk does Ehlers pose that is out of the norm for any prospect?

. Ehlers has proved himself in the North American game. While he is not as big as Virtanen or Ritchie he is not 'small' and has no real weakness other than his laziness in back checking and his size vs big players. Hes unusually fast , extremely gifted a hard worker and has a great IQ -in spite of Pearl Harbour.

However, we have talked all this out 30 pages ago. I dont see any unresolved debate left. Its the same things going around in circles. I think Nylander is a bit of a risk because we havent seen him perform in NA since he was 14 but I still dont see it as much of a risk. . I still take him if we dont take Ehlers.

If not, I take Ritchie. He has more upside than Virtanen does.

oh dear I need to rethink what I should be doing with my life

did NucksCup2015 get banned?

At least you don't have close to 4000 posts in under a year. There is something to be said for that.

I assume so. He didn't play nice with others.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was a previously banned user under the same IP. I'm guessing he isn't the only one around these parts either.

There is no debate on who started it. You did.

So you dont think we should draft Ehlers ? I cannot tell you how surprised I am. I disagree about Ehlers being a 'risk' . I fail to see how nor has any argument been made over the last 55 pages to support it. All prospects are risks. What risk does Ehlers pose that is out of the norm for any prospect?

. Ehlers has proved himself in the North American game. While he is not as big as Virtanen or Ritchie he is not 'small' and has no real weakness other than his laziness in back checking and his size vs big players. Hes unusually fast , extremely gifted a hard worker and has a great IQ -in spite of Pearl Harbour.

You're driving me insane. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I never said we shouldn't draft Ehlers nor did i say he was a risk, all I said about Ehlers is "he is insanely fast and had a good rookie season." and i would be extremely happy if we drafted him.

And can you please explain to me how I started the argument?

oh dear I need to rethink what I should be doing with my life

did NucksCup2015 get banned?

At least you don't have close to 4000 posts in under a year. There is something to be said for that.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was a previously banned user under the same IP. I'm guessing he isn't the only one around these parts either.

When is the last time you actually discussed anything about prospects on this thread? Do you realize you just spent your time counting up how many posts each person has on a thread?

In all fairness, is that seem reasonable to you?

When is the last time you actually discussed anything about prospects on this thread? Do you realize you just spent your time counting up how many posts each person has on a thread?

In all fairness, is that seem reasonable to you?

Please go back to ignoring me.

Thanks.

Refering to yourself in the third party is creepy and border on sociopath. Then again, coming to a thread dedicated to one prospect to continually argue against that said prospect and harass the prospects supporters for months on end is definitely sociopathic.

Sociopaths could utterly care less about others. They lose the basic concept of empathy towards other people. They just do whatever they want with no regard for anyone else because their personal issues over ride their sense of what is reasonable behavior towards others.

In spite of the fact there are all kinds of other threads dedicated to any prospect of your choice, including a 6th overall thread, you take it upon yourself to argue and re argue for well over 50 pages the supporters of Ehlers. You argue about Ehlers. You argue about the people who support Ehlers. Not only do you find nothing wrong with your never ending wrath, your insanity holds you blameless and tells you to pin it on the Ehlers supporters themselves for having the gall to want to talk about Ehlers.

Now you demand to know why they are Ehlers fans and justify what degree they are fans like they owe you an explanation for it. Nobody owes you any explanation nor is it your place to judge what they do.

Snypers7 is right. You are starting to border on the ban hammer.

There is a reason why I put you on ignore long ago. You are incapable of having an objective debate which requires you to have the empathy to respect those who disagree with your views.

I am certain that we can all agree, that if you want to support another prospect, dont let the door hit you on the way out. :)

Over 200 posts in just this one thread and many more in other threads. That's dedication bordering on insanity, sorry. But i'm just wondering why. Nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with calling misinformation what it is.

I've been more than fair and objective here and the only response has been screaming about the objectivity.

Methinks there is a personal attachment to the prospect. If not, then that's creepy.

You're driving me insane. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I never said we shouldn't draft Ehlers nor did i say he was a risk, all I said about Ehlers is "he is insanely fast and had a good rookie season." and i would be extremely happy if we drafted him.

And can you please explain to me how I started the argument?

You are driving you insane. Nobody can drive you insane. You are doing it to yourself. You did start this out of the blue and you were not kind about it at all. You somehow fail to see that is what started the argument. That is virtually impossible at this point. You are smarter than that.

I think its clear at this point you have no interest in anything but arguing. Your post above is yet more antagonizing. Are you getting the reaction you had hoped? :rolleyes:

You take Ritchie but if you take a risk then it would be Ehle..........oh wait, Nylander. Good for you . You already stated this before.

I think any percieved risk is generally taken from his size. But I dont think he is too small as his detractors do see it as . However all of this has been talked out a long time ago.

If you want to debate Ritchie vs Ehlers vs Nylander vs Virt or whatever, I invite you to go to the 6th overall thread where that debate will rage on until the draft.

I am going to move on to news about Ehlers and positive things and folks who want to discuss that.

Can I ask how you would know something as arcane as this and why you would possibly care? Does caring about something like this seem reasonable to you?

Over 200 posts in just this one thread and many more in other threads. That's dedication bordering on insanity, sorry. But i'm just wondering why. Nothing wrong with that. Nor is there anything wrong with calling misinformation what it is.

I've been more than fair and objective here and the only response has been screaming about the objectivity.

Methinks there is a personal attachment to the prospect. If not, then that's creepy.

Ok this entire post is all personal attacks. Give it a rest man.

@AbsentCanuck

I AM saying if we take a risk we should take Nylander or Ehlers. I like Ehlers more than Nylander, but I think Nylander has a higher ceiling therefor he would be MY first choice

You seem to misinterpret what I am trying to say and are coming to the assumption that I hate Ehlers and am just trying to provoke you. Well I'm not and I apologize for upsetting you and hope you give me the same apology.

I didnt see this part . My apologies. I agree for certain.

If anyone falls out of the top 5 then of course we grab them. There is a top tier of 5 guys in my opinion. From 6 to 12 it is a revolving order of basically the same guys. I wonder if trading down to #10 will give you the same quality guy as 6.

I would love to draft Reinhart but its a suspension of disbelief that he could fall to #6.

Archived