The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft Virtanen!

1SportsLover1

For those that say no at 6 then who do u want. He is better than all the ritchies and everyone else after, the only player id consider is Nylander becasue people had him as a top 2 talent coming into the season. But as I said Virtanen is better in every aspect than those other guys, AND apparently he is supposed to get even bigger, NIGHTMARE FOR OTHER TEAMS

Virtanen is no doubt a good player but here's concerns he's selfish and can only score points off the rush. In the NHL where it'll be far harder to weave through players to score, he'll need to do more than that.

Plus, I haven't seen Virtanen ranked in the top 6 of any final draft rankings.

In face:

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

Virtanen is 41st on this draft ranking.

I don't think he's that bad but clearly he's not a consensus top 6 pick.

DO NOT EVER EVER LISTEN TO CRAIG BUTTON. He has no idea what he is talking about. Guys like bob mckenzie and iss and central scouting always have players within a few picks of eachother , and then fucken craig has a guy outside the top 50 . He always goes against the consenus and is ALWAYS wrong

IF there is a trade that nets us a pick between 9 and 15 and he is available yes we take him. But not with the 6th or a potential lottery win sorry.

Well written and I agree with all of this. Virtanen and Tuch have been on my radar for RW's all year long. Still hope there's a trade that gets us Anaheims two 1st round picks and we can get Dal Colle Virtanen and Tuch or Honka.

But...ya man cannot do it with the 6th overall if Draistl, Dal Colle or Ritchie are available

You are just one of the few on here whom I value their opinion... Was just curious why you have Virtanen lower than central scouting. I've never seen him play, also if you wouldn't mind filling me in on Ritchie too :P Kids huge! (for his age oc )

Virtanen is no doubt a good player but here's concerns he's selfish and can only score points off the rush. In the NHL where it'll be far harder to weave through players to score, he'll need to do more than that.

Plus, I haven't seen Virtanen ranked in the top 6 of any final draft rankings.

In face:

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

Virtanen is 41st on this draft ranking.

I don't think he's that bad but clearly he's not a consensus top 6 pick.

Yeah that list is awful. A big, fast 40+ goal scorer is ranked 41st in this ultra-weak draft? Simply unbelieveable. I suggest that you discard it.

NHL central scouting has him at #6.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

Most lists have him in the top-10. I think he could even go top-5.

'Selfish' issue a non-factor. He has scored goals in many different ways. If he has an NHL-ready shot, size and speed, then i'm banking on him being able to make it way easier than muscle-lacking lightweights or big loths. Every pick carries risk, but I don't see a lot with this one, if he's available.

You dont think the blackhawks or kings or bruins would LOVE Virtanen. You cant teach speed , lethal shooting, and willing physicality . You either got it or you dont. Hes got it! It sucks to say ah man I wish our guy was as fast as him or could shoot like him, no , Virtanen is all those things, hes the best skater and shooter PERIOD!

Yeah that list is awful. A big, fast 40+ goal scorer is ranked 41st in this ultra-weak draft? Simply unbelieveable. I suggest that you discard it.

'Selfish' issue a non-factor. He has scored goals in many different ways. If he has an NHL-ready shot, size and speed, then i'm banking on him being able to make it way easier than muscle-lacking lightweights or big loths. Every pick carries risk, but I don't see a lot with this one, if he's available.

THANK YOU! Finally some sense

I was wondering why there was no nylander on your list, then realized your list is only for NORTH AMERICAN players. No wonder he's number 6 as he's not that high on any list that combines every player in the draft.

I dont think people realize the advantage of not having to teach a player certain things, you dont have to work with him on his skating or shot, or convice him to be physical, has has it all. All he has to do is continue to work on his already loaded arsenal. The moment he steps on this ice, he will make an impact. I know in my heart fans will fall in love with him because when they see him go end to end in the preseason they will be like wow, flashes of bure.

I was wondering why there was no nylander on your list, then realized your list is only for NORTH AMERICAN players. No wonder he's number 6 as he's not that high on any list that combines every player in the draft.

I don't even see the point of keeping separate lists this close to the draft. The real draft won't be separated and it just confuses people.

Actually ISS did do one with ALL PLAYERS and Virtanen was still top 7 and at 1 point top 5 so learn ur facts

I dont think people realize the advantage of not having to teach a player certain things, you dont have to work with him on his skating or shot, or convice him to be physical, has has it all. All he has to do is continue to work on his already loaded arsenal. The moment he steps on this ice, he will make an impact. I know in my heart fans will fall in love with him because when they see him go end to end in the preseason they will be like wow, flashes of bure.

Flashes of Bure! Wow now you really are getting ahead of yourself.

Look at kesler, when drafted they said he is a 3rd liner at best with no offensive upside, the only thing he has got working for him is his skating. Virtanen Has the Skating Has the Size and has the Shot. He is a goal scorer. If a guy like ovechkin had the puck on a breakaway , Virtanen can chase em down. Speed kills and this kid has to be a Canuck

Archived