The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

47 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Yep, Canelo is the better boxer but has never faced anyone with GGG power and as relentless. Should be good!

I love this new generation of fighters..theyre not backing down and want to fight the best. This years been a great year for boxing. 

One can argue Canelo was ducking GGG for a bit...did you see how nervous he looked when GGG stepped into the ring to shake his hand after the Chavez fight?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

One can argue Canelo was ducking GGG for a bit...did you see how nervous he looked when GGG stepped into the ring to shake his hand after the Chavez fight?

He was definitely ducking..he took on Amir Khan who is a great boxer at a MASSIVE weight disadvantage, Cotto at pretty heavy weight disadvantage and took on a very inactive Chavez Jr. 

When I say younger generation..I was referring more to guys like Erroll Spence Jr and Keith Thurman. Hell even Kell Brook went up 2 weight classes to fight GGG, had his orbital bone broken and didn't duck a match with Erroll Spence. 

Props to Chavez for hanging in there but that was barely a competitive fight.......

Porter/Berto was kind of OK.  

I need another Broner fight soon.  Id like to see to Lomanchenko take on a bigger name as well

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

Kell Brooks biggest mistake..fighting GGG.

Great tilt vs Spence but unfortunately that broken orbital bone from GGG cost him this fight. 

Also great to see Spence do well against better competition..possible unification bout vs Thurman next.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, HI5 said:

Chavez Jr getting over his loss to Canelo..

So... is that social media poster a 14 year old? Because it reads precisely like that. "#yolo #boxing #lol <laughing cry face 80x> lmao!" Sorry, can't take that sort of $&!# seriously, at all.

5 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

So... is that social media poster a 14 year old? Because it reads precisely like that. "#yolo #boxing #lol <laughing cry face 80x> lmao!" Sorry, can't take that sort of $&!# seriously, at all.

Lol, im not sure but theirs nothin to take serious. Chavez has a history of livin this sorta life; side plot apparently these same strippers robbed him that same night.

June 17 - Ward vs Kovalev 2! Will Kovalev knocked him out for good this time or get outboxed 12 rounds?

2 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

just saw a teaser clip on youtube.   Another great bout lined up.  I'm a a fan of Broner but Garcia is a tough SOB.  Hopefully a good tilt

If Broner leaves the antics at home, it should be a great tilt. I think I'll have to side with Mikey on this one though. 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Biggest fight ever will be the Mcgregor v Mayweather.  

Biggest fight from a financial stand point, but its the dumbest fight. This wij should not count towards Floyds pro record. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Biggest fight ever will be the Mcgregor v Mayweather.  

sad but true,the other week i thought of something no one has pondered yet in the media that i've seen.maybe conner macgregor is going to begin a pro boxing career with this fight.that would be shrewd as hell,he would make a lot more money for himself if he really is great at boxing.even if he loses but shows well he'll rake in the viewers being so controversial.

11 minutes ago, gino#29 said:

sad but true,the other week i thought of something no one has pondered yet in the media that i've seen.maybe conner macgregor is going to begin a pro boxing career with this fight.that would be shrewd as hell,he would make a lot more money for himself if he really is great at boxing.even if he loses but shows well he'll rake in the viewers being so controversial.

Apparently he got whooped by Chris Van Heerden in a sparring session. 

In my opinion he just takes the L vs Floyd and cashes out. Too many good fighters in and around his weight class. 

Errol Spence Jr

Keith  Thurman

Danny Garcia

Shawn Porter

Amir Khan

Kell Brook

Manny Pacquaio

Miguel Cotto

Terrence Crawford (this guy will fight you south paw or orthodox) 

All roughly within McGregors weightclass and all guys who in my opinon will kill him in boxing.

MMA is another story though. 

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

If Broner leaves the antics at home, it should be a great tilt. I think I'll have to side with Mikey on this one though. 

I know Im in the minority but I enjoy the entertainment- seems like he is more committed now to just boxing.   Either way, neither guy is going to take this one lightly- should be a hard fought match!

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

Apparently he got whooped by Chris Van Heerden in a sparring session. 

In my opinion he just takes the L vs Floyd and cashes out. Too many good fighters in and around his weight class. 

Errol Spence Jr

Keith  Thurman

Danny Garcia

Shawn Porter

Amir Khan

Kell Brook

Manny Pacquaio

Miguel Cotto

Terrence Crawford (this guy will fight you south paw or orthodox) 

All roughly within McGregors weightclass and all guys who in my opinon will kill him in boxing.

MMA is another story though. 

How so?

Diaz, Ferugson, Nurmagomedov at 155 would beat him. 

At 145, Aldo in a rematch gets the win and a more experienced Holloway beats him. 

He would get mauled by most in the 170 division too - and before UFC casual fans come out and say he beat Diaz at 170:

#1 Diaz choked him out on 10 days notice in the first fight 

#2 Won a controversial decision that could have gone either way in second fight, many experts gave it to Diaz

#3 Diaz has fought the majority of his fights at 155.

Absolute joke that someone who was given unearned title shots and has NEVER defended his titles, is being considered anywhere near the top/greatest/best fighters in MMA. It's is a mockery and the hype is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Meant it as a professional boxer going into the octagon with him. 

I don't watch UFC much and only fights of McGregor was the one Diaz choked him out as you've pointed out and the ridiculous knockout of Aldo, which I agree he deserves a rematch. 

He's literally riding the wave and trying to get his payday before he loses his 10min of fame/hype. 

Fight with Floyd Mayweather always means you'll get paid. Maidana retired after 2 bouts with him.