The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

Great dominating performance by MP. I truly believe this is his last fight... and that was the way i wanted him to go out. He clearly has lost a step and that's seen by his punch output, but in flashes, he showed the old Pacquiao that i loved to watch all these years. 

He may have "lost" to Mayweather, but he will always be #1 for me. Farewell Pac Man thanks for all the great fights!

On April 20, 2016 at 7:42 PM, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Yeah I've heard about this guy too but I have a feeling he's another overhyped Mayweather fighter like J'leon Love.

Definitely a possibility, we'll just have to watch and see if his ego gets the best of him.

GGG though next week! TBH, no clue he's fighting though

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So big fight this Saturday, anyone going to watch?  I've got the night off so I'll be tuning in.  Maybe do a round by round chat here

I'll be watching at a friends place, if my replacement cell phone shows up in the mail tom, i'll chime in between a few rounds. provided i'm sober. 

also...Berto KO'd Ortiz, decent 4 round fight 

39 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Khan is gonna be sleeping on the canvas tonight.

Canelo by KO.

I can see this happening too.  Re-watched Maidana/Khan and although Khan fought really well, he got hit quite a bit.  Canelo is not a guy I'd want to take any shots from. 

Although to be fair to Khan, Hunter is a great trainer, and if he can fight more defensively like Ward he might do alright

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I can see this happening too.  Re-watched Maidana/Khan and although Khan fought really well, he got hit quite a bit.  Canelo is not a guy I'd want to take any shots from. 

Although to be fair to Khan, Hunter is a great trainer, and if he can fight more defensively like Ward he might do alright

Hey, when I used to live in Vancouver I went to sugar rays boxing gym. They used to order all the big ppv events and watch it there- byob..check it out! (Gym members)

2 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

Hey, when I used to live in Vancouver I went to sugar rays boxing gym. They used to order all the big ppv events and watch it there- byob..check it out! (Gym members)

Right on.  I live too far outside of Vancouver to make it and enjoy home set up a little too much hehe.  One of my former coaches bought me some 16oz sparring gloves from Sugar Rays tho

• Upvote 1