The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADF: (1) Boston Bruins vs (3) Montreal Canadiens

Who will win the series?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, an entire arena worth of fans chanting BS after a well-deserved penalty for dirty play is a hallmark of a respectable fanbase.

Right?

Tell me more about how fans in other arenas have never done that.

OK, then I guess the riots were from all of the Canucks fans? Stop generalizing a whole fanbase because of one person who threw a water bottle. The keyboard warriors from Twitter? I bet half of them are not even Bruins fans. They are fans of other teams trying to shed a bad light on the Bruins.

Just like how the rioters weren't really canuck fans? yeah ok.

OK, then I guess the riots were from all of the Canucks fans? Stop generalizing a whole fanbase because of one person who threw a water bottle. The keyboard warriors from Twitter? I bet half of them are not even Bruins fans. They are fans of other teams trying to shed a bad light on the Bruins.

That wasn't in the arena, it's different. Those are people who showed up downtown with an agenda that was to get crazy. The people in the rink paid, as fans, to go cheer on their team and are chanting when players are hurt, throwing stuff, etc.

The fans in the rink chanted when Raymond was down with a broken back...you'd think they'd have learned from that. To curb some of that because they could be wrong and look stupid. But they don't care, they continue.

I do agree about lumping all fans in together but the keyboard warriors were not setting up Bruins' fans. c'mon. Those were angry Bruins' fans who let 'er rip. Don't let them off the hook.

Most of the rioters were out of towners, greater Vancouver, Vancouver Island, some even from Alberta (there was a soon-to-be Olympic swimmer that got kicked out of the swim team for it and lost his U of Calgary scholarship), etc. There were more people from the city of Vancouver cleaning up the mess than there were rioters.

Loved to hate the bruins but now I just envy their team and how sick they are. Almost like a dynasty but the same can't be said about MOST not all of there fans. Hopefully Montreal can pull something off and beat the B's but every single time they are pressured they come back stronger.

You're making my point. The riot doesn't mean only Canucks fans did it. Same with the Twitter comments...

you said you bet, half of the twitter comments weren't even bruins fans, when the riot happened everyone was like, they weren't canuck fans.

The twitter comments are not isolated incidents just like every single unclassy thing the bruins have done since 2011. Aside from the riots after 2 championship games, the canucks fans and team have not conducted themselves in such a low brow manner.

where you at the area where the riots happen ... do u know any of the people that rioted ?

they were idiots that didn't know anything about hockey - I personally saw stuff pop up on social media and the morons didn't know a thing about hockey. I even set them in their place and told them to stick it and not make our team look bad when they're fresh of the boat rednecks causing damage.

Rioters were NOT canucks fans.

A guy at a Boston game who throws a bottle at a hab IS a bruin fan. He paid top dollar to be at the game because he's a fan.

Not a drunk poor idiot that happened to be on granville or Georgia strictly to riot - NOT watch hockey or support the Canucks.

it's the cities fault for not having enough cops at such a big drinking gathering

Most of the rioters were out of towners, greater Vancouver, Vancouver Island, some even from Alberta (there was a soon-to-be Olympic swimmer that got kicked out of the swim team for it and lost his U of Calgary scholarship), etc. There were more people from the city of Vancouver cleaning up the mess than there were rioters.

They may not have been from Vancouver, but they still were canuck followers. Some people even tried to pass it off as anarchists or dumb things like that.

That wasn't in the arena, it's different. Those are people who showed up downtown with an agenda that was to get crazy. The people in the rink paid, as fans, to go cheer on their team and are chanting when players are hurt, throwing stuff, etc.

The fans in the rink chanted when Raymond was down with a broken back...you'd think they'd have learned from that. To curb some of that because they could be wrong and look stupid. But they don't care, they continue.

I do agree about lumping all fans in together but the keyboard warriors were not setting up Bruins' fans. c'mon. Those were angry Bruins' fans who let 'er rip. Don't let them off the hook.

They shouldn't be generalized though, no one can say ALL Bruins fans are like this. Just like no one can say ALL Canucks fans are rioters.

where you at the area where the riots happen ... do u know any of the people that rioted ?

they were idiots that didn't know anything about hockey - I personally saw stuff pop up on social media and the morons didn't know a thing about hockey. I even set them in their place and told them to stick it and not make our team look bad when they're fresh of the boat rednecks causing damage.

Rioters were NOT canucks fans.

A guy at a Boston game who throws a bottle at a hab IS a bruin fan. He paid top dollar to be at the game because he's a fan.

Not a drunk poor idiot that happened to be on granville or Georgia strictly to riot - NOT watch hockey or support the Canucks.

it's the cities fault for not having enough cops at such a big drinking gathering

They wouldn't have been downtown to begin with unless they were in favor of the canucks winning the game. Even if they wanted to just party they could have done that at home, they didn't have to come downtown from out of town unless they wanted to celebrate the possible win.

And yes I was downtown I was watching the game with my dad.

Archived