The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Likes the core ?

snucks

He also said he didn't have a problem talking to a player and asking them to waive their NTC.

He also said that he was going to talk to Kesler to see where his head is at.... that kind of sounds like Kesler indeed is interested in moving on, otherwise why would MG, Linden, and Benning all talk about talking to him about his future here... he is under contract, so there is no reason to talk about that unless he is really interested in moving on.

I didn't hear anyone talk about chatting with the Sedins about their future here.

GM lost both goalies.

GM lost the offensive d men.

GM had no first line wing man.

GM had no NHL ready depth on the farm to replace injured players.

GM without personell to step into first and second line roles.

The core were not adequately supported/supplemented.

GM gone.

In a nutshell. Good post.

We have never recovered from Gillis's ineptitude in team building since he decided to "strip" the 2011 team instead of helping it.

These days are over and I already get the impression this man is someone who knows what he wants and is determined to get it. Time will tell.

ya - the second gillis decided to "get bigger" the team was done...

right before he was fired he said he would get back to playing an up-tempo style again. i guess he totally miscalculated and thought the reason the team lost the cup was because they weren't "big" enough. it was just injuries imho. anyways, so he let the offensive d walk, got rid of offensive center (that we needed at the time) for a power forward who wouldn't help win at the time... tried to retool to get bigger. total miscalculation and mis-read of what actually happened at the scf.

get bigger. meathead move. before that I was totally his supporter, he was doing everything he could to augment the core and it seemed to be working. then the philosophy change to size over skill... and guess what? we got neither.

ya - the second gillis decided to "get bigger" the team was done...

right before he was fired he said he would get back to playing an up-tempo style again. i guess he totally miscalculated and thought the reason the team lost the cup was because they weren't "big" enough. it was just injuries imho. anyways, so he let the offensive d walk, got rid of offensive center (that we needed at the time) for a power forward who wouldn't help win at the time... tried to retool to get bigger. total miscalculation and mis-read of what actually happened at the scf.

get bigger. meathead move. before that I was totally his supporter, he was doing everything he could to augment the core and it seemed to be working. then the philosophy change to size over skill... and guess what? we got neither.

I wander how much of MG's decision to chase size was actually FAQ meddling. My sense is that a lot of MG's blunders had to do with ownership trying to micromanage.

Size and being trashy after the whistle is NOT why Boston beat us in the finals. It's because the Canucks were too injured, and the Bruins were a damn good team that was way healthier. That 2011 Bruins team averaged 2.98 Goals/Game, good for fifth in the NHL. The 2011 Bruins team only gave up 2.30 Goals Against/Game, good for second behind only the Canucks. Finally, Boston got .940 goal tending from Tim Thomas. Add it all up, the injuries, the fact that Boston scored a lot and didn't give up a lot, and a goalie playing out of his mind, and you have the perfect storm for the better team losing. What I'm trying to say is that is was mostly injuries, in combination with Boston also being really good for why the Canucks lost in 2011. Too many Canucks fans can't call a spade a spade and realize that the Bruins are a skill team that plays great defense (because they play in the offensive zone a lot).

I wander how much of MG's decision to chase size was actually FAQ meddling. My sense is that a lot of MG's blunders had to do with ownership trying to micromanage.

Size and being trashy after the whistle is NOT why Boston beat us in the finals. It's because the Canucks were too injured, and the Bruins were a damn good team that was way healthier. That 2011 Bruins team averaged 2.98 Goals/Game, good for fifth in the NHL. The 2011 Bruins team only gave up 2.30 Goals Against/Game, good for second behind only the Canucks. Finally, Boston got .940 goal tending from Tim Thomas. Add it all up, the injuries, the fact that Boston scored a lot and didn't give up a lot, and a goalie playing out of his mind, and you have the perfect storm for the better team losing. What I'm trying to say is that is was mostly injuries, in combination with Boston also being really good for why the Canucks lost in 2011. Too many Canucks fans can't call a spade a spade and realize that the Bruins are a skill team that plays great defense (because they play in the offensive zone a lot).

I was onboard for bringing in some "bigger" players, and think Kassian was a great move, but in the process we lost our identity. I hope JB can regain an identity for us.

I was onboard for bringing in some "bigger" players, and think Kassian was a great move, but in the process we lost our identity. I hope JB can regain an identity for us.

i also like the kassian move he will be gold for us the timing maybe wasn't right but if it was the only time we could have got him then it had to be done. I think he will complement any up and coming goal scorers more then anyone else on the team unless the young guys play on the top line with the twins.

CoHo would have been a great player for the nucks if he would have accepted the role given to him something kassian has never had a problem with even when playing on the 4th line. i hope next season he is given a much bigger role on the team to see how he does. his Shot percent and point for TOI seem pretty good.

Archived