The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Likes the core ?

snucks

I actually like the core. I like the Sedins, Kesler and Hamhuis along with Bieksa. What we need is quality depth, not just any depth. This is the core that went to the finals in 2011 and if we can surround them with the same type of depth or better depth than we had in 2011, then we could make it to the finals again and maybe win it all.

So who are the core players anyways? I can only figure 6 or 7 at this moment in time. Looks like Kes is leaving so I am not counting him!

Hamhuis, Bieksa, Sedins and maybe Burrows. The rest are complimentary players and lack could become part of the core along with Tanev.

He'd be an idiot to say otherwise. This helps ensure he gets good value from any trades.

Thats the point isn't it. They can't tell it like it is. That is our job. Their job is somewhat public relations.

He could have been honest like torts by saying it needs a youth injection

He said more than once that one of the keys going forward would be to integrate youth into the line-up .. 'he is a doer, not a talker' .. the work will be done far away from inquisitive fans, so faith is required ..

No need to 'lie' here.

There are lots of reasons to like the core.

The departing coach may think they're old, stale and trending, but the irony there is that he overused them like rented mules - so for anyone who can't smell the blatant contradiction, it's smells pretty strong.

Preteen.

Elementary school...or probably pre-school by the looks of it. And judging from the temper tantrums, it probably is populated by 2-3 year olds.

As far as I'm concerned, when he said that he wouldn't hesitate to approach players with NTCs, he's doing it for the betterment of the team and the "betterment of the team" should be of primary concern. It is a business after all. He also mentioned that the draft is a key factor in the improvement of a team. And frankly, that's true. A good solid pick that develops is a player that you don't have to trade for, an asset that you don't have to trade other assets to get from another team. A chance to have a player that you don't have to risk the future for. And the goal of this club is to become a team that contends every single year; not just a bubble team that gets in on a fluke chance of the "wild-card".

The core is not the problem.

Lack of depth was notably absent from a failure to properly analyze and obtain quality players to supplement the core.

Exactly this..Benning wants to roll four lines..Tortorella rolling 2.5 lines last season was an absolute joke..

One thing I like about this guy...is a statement Benning made in the Bruins series, Behind the 'B'. Apparently in reference to Seguin, he says, "....we shouldn't have to babysit." Seguin is subsequently moved. I expect him to use this lesson now, people. Skill, size & talent are great & all......yet character matters.....perhaps, even most. Chronic headache-makers can de-rail a team & a squad's synergy.

To my mind...Tortorella was the 1 requiring the baby-sitting, last season. Get your arse-off to practice, Torts! Watch some video, please...Torts! Listen to the vets & fans pleading with ya to play the Olympian, as a symbolic jesture of healing in the HC, Torts! Don't charge an opponent's dressing room, Torts! Fewer F-bombs, eh Torts! Use that suspension time wisely, hey coach?! No player, outside of a goalie, should play upon the ice for nearly 5 minutes straight...(this happened to Kes) & still be expected to yield optimum results & not break-down, Torts!

Some of JT's decisions were inexplicable. In the end,...he threw his GM & many of his players under the bus for what were his own direct failures to prepare his team,... by brainstorming with them, practicing with them & the other coaches... or by sacrificing more of his time - to establish a clear plan of attack for their PP or whatever the opponents' may be bringing. They ALL needed to be accountable....& I hear that the players were...so Linden chose to keep them.

Evaluating character is key....when selecting a new head-coach too. The new coach will be mentoring, leading & guiding our future prospects forward as PROs. They, in turn, will represent us around the league, celebrate with us, live & serve amongst us for a time & possibly beyond as alumni. JB & Trev...will want to choose them all, wisely.

He is not going to say in public the core is bad, on other hand he DID say he will not be afraid to ask the players (core) to waive there no trade clause. He also praised Horvat saying he is the one of the players included in going forward, so perhaps there is a hint of youth injection

The core is not the problem.

Lack of depth was notably absent from a failure to properly analyze and obtain quality players to supplement the core.

Oh, please. Torts was so right when he said this team is "stagnet". That comment couldn't be more true.

It is rumored the new GM likes the core. We will see. If so I don't like the sound of that, but they have to keep the core because they all have "no trades". It therefore will take years before the core retires. Who knows, the new GM can't say much at this point. He is reported to be a good hockey man, but the core is the problem. What is needed is young guys WITHOUT "no trades clauses".

If you're selling your house. Do you list it on MLS stating. House is too old, needs a lot of work, and it's in a horrible neighbourhood, and I kicked out my last tenants for running a meth lab, first serious offers takes it. Or do you list it's good qualities, and try and get a fair price?

Archived