The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

coaching candidates?

TrevorLinden4ever

Trotz is now off the market and all we keep hearing on these boards is his name. Besides Stevens et al, who are some of the candidates that could be had? And boy, do I mean had as in ripped off LOL. But I digress...Since this team is offesnively inclined with the first and second lines, anyone think a former offensively gifted player could be a good fit here? I was thinking of Denis Savard as possible fit, but then again, perhaps there is some minute discrepancy much like the thousands we saw in Torts that would ultimately have the fans chanting for his firing at years end.

Not liking options available or being mentioned for coach with Trotz going to Washington

Stevens - No. Why hire the guy Gillis wanted. If there is suppose to be fresh start and new era you'd don't hire the guy previous GM wanted.

Desjardins - Nothing against him and while he's won at every level, he doesn't have any NHL experience. Linden himself stated they don't want to throw someone in there with no NHL experience.

Boucher - 1-3-1. Nothing more needs to be said. If he's such good coach, why hasn't he been hired since being fired.

Blashill - Pretty sure I read someone on here state Detroit won't given permission to teams.

Johnson - Has NHL experience as Assistant but never HC.

Crawford - Heck No. I can't believe people on here want to bring him back simply for nostalia. He had no playoff success here. Bringing back recycled coach is very foolish. Just look at Habs and Therrien

Not liking options available or being mentioned for coach with Trotz going to Washington

Stevens - No. Why hire the guy Gillis wanted. If there is suppose to be fresh start and new era you'd don't hire the guy previous GM wanted.

Desjardins - Nothing against him and while he's won at every level, he doesn't have any NHL experience. Linden himself stated they don't want to throw someone in there with no NHL experience.

Boucher - 1-3-1. Nothing more needs to be said. If he's such good coach, why hasn't he been hired since being fired.

Blashill - Pretty sure I read someone on here state Detroit won't given permission to teams.

Johnson - Has NHL experience as Assistant but never HC.

Crawford - Heck No. I can't believe people on here want to bring him back simply for nostalia. He had no playoff success here. Bringing back recycled coach is very foolish. Just look at Habs and Therrien

Stevens - So you don't hire a guy cause gillis liked him. Gillis probably liked Toews, shouldn't ever sign him....... Silly.

Desjardins - Linden stated he wanted someone that has won at every level. Benning said at intro he doesn't need to have NHL head coaching experience.

Oates - Ge isn't on the list yet. Offensive coach that didn't rely on speed for offense.... Aka Sedins..... Also got career years out of some Washington players. Friedman says he thinks Oates is intrigued.

Archived