The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

Upside counts for exactly squat in an actual game. Upside does not get you two points.

That is why it is called developmemt. By the end of the season Schroeder will be playing better than all the players you wanted on the second line. Why? Because he is a better player. He has more skill. He skates better. He has a better shot. He passess better.

I

That is how players grow. They are given the opportunity to grow. The other players have fully grown to their potential.

That is why it is called developmemt. By the end of the season Schroeder will be playing better than all the players you wanted on the second line. Why? Because he is a better player. He has more skill. He skates better. He has a better shot. He passess better.

I

That is how players grow. They are given the opportunity to grow. The other players have fully grown to their potential.

Development in this case should be happening in Utica. He's not an NHL player yet.

Neither of us mentioned anything about size actually. He's simply not ready.

Ok whyso much grace for Kassian then. I really like what I see when Jordan is on his game. He sees the ice well he plays a good 200 foot game. He doesnt score cause he plays with guys with stone hands. And concrete skates.

Kassian absolutely disappears for long stretches. So why tell don't you give up on him. Why don't you say he is not good enough.

And why don't you acknowledge that Schroeder played well under AV. And acknowledge it could be the coach like many people mentioned on these posts.

By your logic of player developmemt you draft a player, notice he played pretty well under one coach and not so under another, then he deals with injuries and he plays 57 games ( not a big enough sample size not even an opinion but a fact) then you send him down on waivers to be picked up by tue first team that has the option to do so. Cause that is what will happen. He would never go through waivers.

Development in this case should be happening in Utica. He's not an NHL player yet.

he cannot go to Utica. Because of his age and contract. Unless somehow he can sign a two way contract but as I understand it he cannot.

Teams will be salivating. They will be say he he here is a player that only has played two injury plagued seasons in the nhl. And hardy har the canucks gave up on him. Wow a diamond in the rough. Let's grab him and develope him. Because he scored more points in world juniors than Mike Modano and Doug Weight, and Geremy Roenick and Zack Parise etc.

But there is a chance he could be a bust. Cause we can tell after playing him with guys with stone hands beside him. So put him on waivers and get rid of him.

Seriously dude players don't get injured and return at top form. There is no rock in a hard place, you just play him, play him, play him.

Kind of like how he ignored my post directly below the one where he pleads for anyone to answer his post?

Meh, mission accomplished from my end. If he doesn't want to see it then I can't help him. I like Schroeder but he has a very limited window to impress in camp over the other options or likely by the 13th forward/get sent to the AHL despite the risk of waivers.

And this is the crux of the problem, isn't it? The guy has talent, but isn't quite ready to jump into the top 6 and he's not bottom 6 material in the Western Conference. If he is put on waivers, I really hope he isn't picked up; which would mean he could move up and down without future waivers. This would be the ideal situation for him.

It would be a real shame to lose a 1st round prospect (again).

And this is the crux of the problem, isn't it? The guy has talent, but isn't quite ready to jump into the top 6 and he's not bottom 6 material in the Western Conference. If he is put on waivers, I really hope he isn't picked up; which would mean he could move up and down without future waivers. This would be the ideal situation for him.

Again if there is no clear second liner vastly better than him which in this case there is not. We have no second line players other than Kesler it is foolish to try to put him through waivers because we will not maybe we will lose him. We are nit talking about Ryan Parent here. He is the highest scoring world junior play for american born players in their history.

The the choice is clear. Play him and let Higgins play second line with Kassian or Santorelli or whoever and let him go for nothing. Why would anyone do that when Higgins and whoever will never be second line material.

When there is a chance he will be. And I say if you put him with some good players he will be a 45 give or take point getter. And it is iffy that Higgins will get that much comsidering his highest total of his career is 52 and the closest other point total is 43.

Schroeder under AV was on a 24 point pace playing with duds. Fourth line guys. Third line guys. So put him with good wingers and he is as good or better than Higgins. And the bonus is next year he is better because we developed a player.

It would be foolish cause nobody is clearly better than him for the second line. And we lose out on developing aour player who will be better next year. This is crazy doesn't anyone look at the line up. Doesn't anyone look at last years standings. We have no one else. We have no one else.

To be an good second line player you need:

- Center 53

- Left Wing 42 points

- Right Wing 45 points

Last year Higgins was the closes for left wing at 39. He has only accomplished it twice in his 10 year career. Hansen never has. Nobody has except Kesler.

Getting rid of Schroeder is like getting rid of the only thing we might have.

He might be a midget but he is the best thing we got. Bottum line we suck and some people on here are not acknowledging the gravity of how badly we do. The overrated midget is better than the crap we got. Didn't anyone watch the second half of this season. We suck.

Archived