The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

I posted this in another thread. What do you think?

To FLA:

Tanev

Smith-Pelly

6th overall

To ANA:

Kesler

To Van:

1st overall

10th overall

24th overall

I'm not the best at proposals, but give or take I think it's a good starting point for a 3 way with the teams included here.

Thats pretty decent value, if all teams agreed wonder if Fla would take 10th since they would be getting 2 nhl ready youngsters.

I think Vancouver might get another piece either from Anaheim or Fla ( or the 6th isnt included in the deal) since Tanev & Kesler are moving.

That deal would indicate JB is thinking this is more of a rebuild scenario than a simple retool

I posted this in another thread. What do you think?

To FLA:

Tanev

Smith-Pelly

6th overall

To ANA:

Kesler

To Van:

1st overall

10th overall

24th overall

I'm not the best at proposals, but give or take I think it's a good starting point for a 3 way with the teams included here.

TANEV, SMITH PELLEY AND THE 6TH FOR FIRST?????!!!!!

HOW IN THE HELL DOES BENNING NOT THINK (IF WE ARE IN THAT WONDERFUL POSITION TO HAVE 6,10,24)

THAT

TANEV

SMITH PELLEY

AND SAY NYLANDER ARE NOT WORTH MORE THAN REINHART

HOW IN THE HELL DOES BENNING NOT THINK (IF WE ARE IN THAT WONDERFUL POSITION TO HAVE 6,10,24)

THAT

TANEV

SMITH PELLEY

It could be tweaked (like them getting 10th or no pick) and van keeping 6th and perhaps getting another piece.

It wasnt that unbelievable. There have definitely been alot worse

What doesn't make sense is people on this board talking about trading a pick that does not even belong to the canucks.

Haha true...

I could write the two step procedure for everyone, but I am pretty sure most people on here know I was referring to if we trade Kesler to Anaheim and get the 10th pick....

THAT

TANEV

SMITH PELLEY

We are essentially trading Tanev and the 6th overall for the 1st overall, and Kesler for 10th, and 24th. Smith-Pelly adds incentive to florida to get the first overall jackass because Tanev and the 6th wont get it alone IMO. I mentioned that this is just a starting point and there could be modifications. We can even keep Smith-Pelly and throw in the 24th whatever. Like I said just a starting point. I'm tired of stupid punks thinking they know better than everyone else on here.

We are essentially trading Tanev and the 6th overall for the 1st overall, and Kesler for 10th, and 24th. Smith-Pelly adds incentive to florida to get the first overall jackass because Tanev and the 6th wont get it alone IMO. I mentioned that this is just a starting point and there could be modifications. We can even keep Smith-Pelly and throw in the 24th whatever. Like I said just a starting point. I'm tired of stupid punks thinking they know better than everyone else on here.

WE WOULD STILL BE TRADING EVERYTHING I SAID FOR FIRST OVERALL.

THE POINT son is simple, paying all that for a crap shoot is NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Benning is smart enough to know something you clearly don't get

Tanev, Smith Pelley and sixth whomever that is are much more valuable than Reinhart

SO THEREFORE WE DON'T GET IT DONE SINCE IT MAKES ZERO SENSE

are you on CRACK MAN!!!!

WTF ARE YOU ON, HOW IN THE HELL DOES BENNING NOT THINK (IF WE ARE IN THAT WONDERFUL POSITION TO HAVE 6,10,24)

THAT

TANEV

SMITH PELLEY

USE YOUR BRAIN PLEASE

can we start a thread where the people who are doing drugs stay? i am so tired of the stupidity on cdc...

it really is unbelievable, do people even THINK about what they are typing?

A little harsh dont u think i thought the proposal was reasonable and the guy said was open to tweeking it to make work

Just a sports form lightn up

A little harsh dont u think i thought the proposal was reasonable and the guy said was open to tweeking it to make work

Just a sports form lightn up

idea idea!!! lets trade

kesler, kassian, tanev, next years first, 2016 first, lack, edler, garrison, hammer, corrado, gaunce, jensen, schroeder, hansen, burrows, and maybe bieksa

for the top 5 picks!!! and maybe another 2 or 3 say 10 from Anaheim and 24 and maybe package that 24 with a player or two to get like somewhere in the 8-15 range?

maybe we can tweak the deal a bit but it makes sense to me!

then we can draft 1-6 and a few others

ekblad

reinhart

bennett

dal colle

Drasaitl

Ritchie

Virtanen

Fleury!

woop woop!

look at that nhl 15 lineup baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!!!!

idea idea!!! lets trade

kesler, kassian, tanev, next years first, 2016 first, lack, edler, garrison, hammer, corrado, gaunce, jensen, schroeder, hansen, burrows, and maybe bieksa

for the top 5 picks!!! and maybe another 2 or 3 say 10 from Anaheim and 24 and maybe package that 24 with a player or two to get like somewhere in the 8-15 range?

maybe we can tweak the deal a bit but it makes sense to me!

then we can draft 1-6 and a few others

ekblad

reinhart

bennett

dal colle

Drasaitl

Ritchie

Virtanen

Fleury!

woop woop!

look at that nhl 15 lineup baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!!!!

I get what your saying we need to get young but we cant give up all those guys we just need to give up a portion draft well and develop the youth in to a champion ship team

If Benning kept the 6th and obtained the first I'd be jumping over the moon. I'd really be tempted to grab Ekblad though

Yeah man,we'd have to cough up good young players though. Could see Tanev Jensen and the tenth overall from an Anaheim trade maybe throw in a vet like Hansen if it gets it done. Get Etem 10th and a d prospect for Kesler.

Walk out of the draft with Etem Reinhart and Ritchie

If the Canucks Offered Tanev and #6 oa pick, I think Tallon would give it serious consideration. You have to account for who's available at #6. If Dal Colle, Draisatl, or Nylander are available then I think Fla would have to take an offer like that. Tanev hasn't turned 25 yet, he's just beginning to scratch the surface of what he could become as a player.

If Van trades away Kesler and then offers up the return for Kesler to Fla + the #6 and Tanev...that would be a poor decision. Giving way too much for the #1 pick

If the Canucks Offered Tanev and #6 oa pick, I think Tallon would give it serious consideration. You have to account for who's available at #6. If Dal Colle, Draisatl, or Nylander are available then I think Fla would have to take an offer like that. Tanev hasn't turned 25 yet, he's just beginning to scratch the surface of what he could become as a player.

If Van trades away Kesler and then offers up the return for Kesler to Fla + the #6 and Tanev...that would be a poor decision. Giving way too much for the #1 pick

I do agree that Tanev and the 6th would be fair value, although I just don't think that would get us the 1st considering there are other teams out there in the sweepstakes that might offer more. I'm not saying I would trade away that much for the top pick either. Staying at 6th is fine, but we would need to overpay if we wanted the 1st IMO. In my proposal we still keep the 10th, and 24th overall and add DSP to FLA to get us over the top for the first. We could also keep DSP and offer the 24th, 6th, and Tanev, Or 24th, 10th, and Tanev. My suggestion was just a starting point. Maybe florida throws in a 2nd rounder to us to even it out I don't know. I guess I'm just spit balling a deal here. I appreciate your opinion and insight.

I do agree that Tanev and the 6th would be fair value, although I just don't think that would get us the 1st considering there are other teams out there in the sweepstakes that might offer more. I'm not saying I would trade away that much for the top pick either. Staying at 6th is fine, but we would need to overpay if we wanted the 1st IMO. In my proposal we still keep the 10th, and 24th overall and add DSP to FLA to get us over the top for the first. We could also keep DSP and offer the 24th, 6th, and Tanev, Or 24th, 10th, and Tanev. My suggestion was just a starting point. Maybe florida throws in a 2nd rounder to us to even it out I don't know. I guess I'm just spit balling a deal here. I appreciate your opinion and insight.

I completely get the idea of having to overpay for the #1 pick, I just think its a terrible idea. Judging by some of the proposals out there, I believe many are discrediting the #6 pick. I rather the Canucks keep the pick and develop their young players instead of trading them away

Archived