The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

American (philosophy) is stupid

Dogbyte

My friend and I discuss this as we both own firearms. Given a choice to allow people conceal carry and open carry, I vote open carry every time. Because if I'm unarmed, I know the people to be cautious with. But in the end, what happens if you go to a restaurant, or a mall. Do you report to the security desk first. Tag your weapon and then lock it up while your eat/go shopping?

The difference in the US and Canada is culture. We're taught to respect firearms, and not treat them as toys. Thus the licensing, and storage requirements. We have home invasions in Canada, we have gangs, we have crazy mass killers. There's no difference in the crimes. It's the second amendment and pressure groups like the NRA that's the difference. They have real clout in government.

And somehow it's gotten to the point that the second amendment is some type of guarantee that the US will be free. But realistically, if the government went rogue, why bother sending cops/troops to your house. Send in an Apache, and fire a missile, and you and all your firearms go up in smoke. Worse yet, a drone to do the same thing.

Chances are, if i was carrying a firearm to the outfitters from the parking lot, nobody would raise a brow here. However if I was to do the same thing from a few blocks down the road, someone is likely to report it to the RCMP. Had it been unloaded and either locked or the bolt removed, the RCMP would probably suggest I transport it in a case next time so the locals dont get edgy.

I do have a problem with people open carrying while loaded. In my mind If a firearm is loaded and visible the wielder intends to use it. At least with a conceal carry permit you can walk around loaded but dont cause a disturbance. Plus I would expect a conceal carry permit holder to be trained enough to not accedentally discharge that firearm in public. I do not trust that cleatus, jim-bob, and billy joe who have the right to simply purchase a firearm without oversight to walk in public locked and loaded. To me that is an accedent waiting to happen. There are endless videos on youtube of these people doing stupid shit with firearms they just purchased, at least at the gravel pit or backyard range they can only kill themselves.

I cant think of any reason to open carry unless somebody has small dick syndrome. Holster your sh%t and keep the chamber empty Cleatus!

Groan.. "assault style" i guess is a little better than calling it an assault rifle. Progress in the media?

Ya. I was under the impression that they did not know exactly what type of firearm he was carrying, but it "looked" like an assault-style rifle to them (the LA Times, the police, etc.?)

There's an old-fashioned high speed vehicle pursuit happening in Los Angeles as we speak.

The guy has an assault-style rifle and was up on some rooftops in North Hollywood a bit ago

There's that term again....

I just got to thinking about how stupid guns are and how shocking is the death of loved ones.

Any idiot in America that thinks a gun can protect him/her from the govenment is a freaking moron. An absolute imbecile. It's just a shame that lies can penetrate that deep so as to make oneself believe they are safe by carrying a projectile weapon.

Have these people never read Clancy or seen Danger of Lies or the Hunt for Red October? If the government wants you dead you're dead and you're little stupid guns ain't helping ya. It's just an excuse to artificially feel tough and it's enabling and killing a lot of people.

If you're really mad enough to kill someone do it with your own hands.

People suck, we don't need guns.

It's not just about guns, you imbecilic individual.

It's about PROPERTY rights, commerce, the free market system. It's about faith and empowerment of the individual. If you don't believe in any of these things then you should not be allowed to have any rights. Get off the internet, idiot.

Archived