The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manhunt in Moncton; 3 RCMP Officers Mortally Wounded

cs2016

UPDATE: Moncton RCMP are one again reminding people to stop posting police locations on social media, as they believe shooter is following that. RCMP Emergency Response Team from PEI has arrived in Moncton to assist in the search.

Apparently he is watching social media

UPDATE: Moncton RCMP are one again reminding people to stop posting police locations on social media, as they believe shooter is following that. RCMP Emergency Response Team from PEI has arrived in Moncton to assist in the search.

Apparently he is watching social media

It was only a matter of time before someone figured out how to use it like that. Hopes and prayers to the families

This is scarily becoming the norm now. We need some damn gun control or at least some better background checks. Not sure how this idiot got a gun, but the only thing that matters is that he's already killed 3, injured 2 and is still running around.

I don't want Canada to become like the US in terms of gun violence...

This is scarily becoming the norm now. We need some damn gun control or at least some better background checks. Not sure how this idiot got a gun, but the only thing that matters is that he's already killed 3, injured 2 and is still running around.

It's not, and it won't. Canada per capita may have more guns, but is very strict about how people can own and operate one.

This isn't, and shouldn't, result in any knee-jerk reaction by governments to limit gun ownership rights. We as a country do a good job of that already.

Gun control is not the issue here, this guy was obviously a whack job. This is a mental health issue. It isn't all that easy to acquire a PAL. They do a background check, call references and call you before they make a decision. We don't even know how he acquired the firearms.

Let's get some facts before we start jumping to extremes.

Billions and Billions poured into government surveillance, and they can't even track this one lunatic who is using his phone.

....or track/find Malaysia Flight MH-370.

Seriously,...cell phone pings, GPS, satellite & infrared technologies, audio & video survellances....find this gunman & those missing people, where ever they are already!

....or find Malaysia Flight MH-370.

Seriously,...cell phone pings, GPS, satellite & infrared technologies, audio & video survellances....find this gunman & those missing people, where ever they are already!

WOW, that was creepy. I haven't heard about the flight until I was reading your post, then all of a sudden there was a report on BC1 about it.

I'm surprised that the RCMP hasn't found this guy yet. I was looking a map of Moncton and if this guy is hiding outside then hopefully they're checking their nature park. Plenty of places to hide in a forest.

You're surprised they haven't found this guy? Read the last sentence you wrote. It's always difficult finding someone who doesn't want to be found.

You're surprised they haven't found this guy? Read the last sentence you wrote. It's always difficult finding someone who doesn't want to be found.

Depends on where you are. If he did head towards the forest then it could be a pain in the butt to find him. If he's still running around in the populated area, then yes, I am surprised.

I'm not trying to offend.

This guy is boned when they do find him. His clear as day picture is all over Canada now.

Archived