The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

4 hours ago, Ryanstorm said:

Does anyone know of a good RPG for PC kind of like Zelda style? Preferably newer games but old games are ok too.

Darksiders 2 might be the closest kind of game to Zelda that you can find on PC as well, but I won't recommend it, on account of my thinking it sucks.

There are very few Zelda type games, and even fewer that are actually RPGs. But in terms of games with overworlds, that are chalked full of exploration, then honestly Skyrim is the best option, but you don't need me to recommend that to you, lol.

If you're just looking for any kind of medieval type RPG, then Dragon Age Origins might be my favourite. It's a combination of adventure/RPG/Strategy. The strategy/combat is probably what makes it more different than Zelda, but it's the closest in many ways as well, especially in general quality.

Edited by g_bassi13

11 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Darksiders 2 might be the closest kind of game to Zelda that you can find on PC as well, but I won't recommend it, on account of my thinking it sucks.

There are very few Zelda type games, and even fewer that are actually RPGs. But in terms of games with overworlds, that are chalked full of exploration, then honestly Skyrim is the best option, but you don't need me to recommend that to you, lol.

If you're just looking for any kind of medieval type RPG, then Dragon Age Origins might be my favourite. It's a combination of adventure/RPG/Strategy. The strategy/combat is probably what makes it more different than Zelda, but it's the closest in many ways as well, especially in general quality.

I would have said a game similar to Secret of Mana but it's not a very popular game. I can't seem to find anything like it. Skyrim is fun, can't wait for the remaster.

8 hours ago, Ryanstorm said:

I would have said a game similar to Secret of Mana but it's not a very popular game. I can't seem to find anything like it. Skyrim is fun, can't wait for the remaster.

The Dragon Age Origins is an even closer comparison then.

If you want to compromise the visuals and all to an SNES level, there's a lot of games out there made from the RPG maker engine. Skyborn is a good game in that mold.

4 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

The Dragon Age Origins is an even closer comparison then.

If you want to compromise the visuals and all to an SNES level, there's a lot of games out there made from the RPG maker engine. Skyborn is a good game in that mold.

Skyborn seems cool but I don't like turn based games much anymore. I did like the Dragon Age gameplay but It lacks a good soundtrack. lol

4 minutes ago, Ryanstorm said:

Skyborn seems cool but I don't like turn based games much anymore. I did like the Dragon Age gameplay but It lacks a good soundtrack. lol

Yeah, a lot of these indie makers like to default to a Final Fantasy style turn based combat, because it's the easiest to do. It's hard to quite find something like Secret of Mana.

Been playing Nobunuga(sp?) Ambition for ps4 and I really like those type of war time RTS games.  If anyone has played it do you know if theirs a medieval equivalent?  All those Japanese names and territories are hard to remember and plus the translation is a little off(like S being top tier instead of A).  Some of the games I looked up are 10years old like AoE.  I prefer console for these types of games.

This sale seems a little less $&!# than other recent sales have been. It could perhaps be that I've just been conditioned to expect $&!#, I dunno. But there's a couple of things I could see myself buying.

Shame that they're still completely done with flash sails and daily deals though. Still takes away the semblance of excitement for me. Majority of everything is at a sale price that it's already been, except now they're doing it altogether. That's about it.

I don't think Crypt of the Necrodancer has been quite this cheap. Like you save an extra dollar or two more than you could have previously.

Franchise Hockey manager is only $5 atm, if you want a Eastside Hockey Manager alternative.

Then there's this smaller indie game called City of Chains that's 90% off, making it only $0.99.

That's about it of note from my wishlist of 87 games.

I think more games have at least reached their previous largest discounts. Not as many games have taken a step backwards, I don't think, even if barely anything has progressed. That's something  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , I guess, not taking too many steps backwards. The last seasonal sale was a massive one backwards.

5 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Crossing my fingers for a good Final Fantasy sale

What you see is what you get. If you don't like what they're offering at the moment, they won't be changing their prices. There's no more fluctuation in these prices.

Just now, g_bassi13 said:

What you see is what you get. If you don't like what they're offering at the moment, they won't be changing their prices. There's no more fluctuation in these prices.

More more daily deals eh? Boo...

Just now, Incursio said:

More more daily deals eh? Boo...

Yeah. No more flash deals either. Just minimalistic reductions, and that's about it. It's not even like the base discount price is lower than years past to compensate for that. To the contrary, the base discounts themselves are even less impressive than previous sales.

At least they've cut out the scams they've always pulled when it came to bundles, that they've been doing for like 5 years now.

Like previously you had to re-purchase everything you already owned, and instead of giving you a duplicate gift copy, it vanished into thin air, as you already owned it.

Now whatever items you already own have their prices removed from bundles. Which is great. But I'm not going to applaud them for taking years to fix a problem where they kept taking people's money and offering nothing in return, lol.

4 minutes ago, Incursio said:

They did this same thing for the Winter sale last year right? I remember being let down by that one as well

Yeah, it seems to be their new standard. I can only assume their loss in sheer quantity of sales, was probably made up by the fact that everything just cost more, as enough people didn't avoid the sales to make up the difference negatively.