The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll/ Discussion] Nylander vs. Ehlers; only 2 options for Canucks at #6

canucks155

Who should the Canucks draft at #6  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you ever you ever draft anyone and you want to send them down they go to junuors so they wont do wont do anything for you until 1 or 2 years like horvat and shinkaret

If Nylander gets drafted by us and doesn't make the team, he's 99% likely to go back to Sweden. His friends, family, teammates are all there. Why would he want to go to Utica or some CHL team when he could go to his hometown.

They don't look to hit people, they finish their checks. Kopitar is primarily a skilled player, evident since he's leading the playoffs in points. Richards has taken on the role of being a physical player as well, but that's because he isn't very good any more. So now, they have 2 PRIMARILY physical guys in Brown and Richards. The rest are just big.

As far as King, Clifford and Nolan go, they're 4th liners who can easily be sign in free agency.

When you're 5'10-5'11 and weigh 180 soak n wet the 6'4 200 pounders don't need to "hit" you to get you off the puck. I'm not saying small players are bad but it does cause problems match up wise when they get pushed around by bigger stronger players. Speed is a must.

They don't look to hit people, they finish their checks. Kopitar is primarily a skilled player, evident since he's leading the playoffs in points. Richards has taken on the role of being a physical player as well, but that's because he isn't very good any more. So now, they have 2 PRIMARILY physical guys in Brown and Richards. The rest are just big.

As far as King, Clifford and Nolan go, they're 4th liners who can easily be sign in free agency.

You Guys are so delusional and u dont even watch the nhl

When you're 5'10-5'11 and weigh 180 soak n wet the 6'4 200 pounders don't need to "hit" you to get you off the puck. I'm not saying small players are bad but it does cause problems match up wise when they get pushed around by bigger stronger players. Speed is a must.

Ehlers = 6'0 and 163Ibs

Nylander = 5'11 and 181Ibs

Both of them are quick and agile players. Ehlers also has great balance and is strong on his skates. Even tho Ehlers doesn't weigh much, you don't see many (if any) hockey players under 180Ibs. He'll bulk up and be even harder to knock off the puck.

Ehlers = 6'0 and 163Ibs

Nylander = 5'11 and 181Ibs

Both of them are quick and agile players. Ehlers also has great balance and is strong on his skates. Even tho Ehlers doesn't weigh much, you don't see many (if any) hockey players under 180Ibs. He'll bulk up and be even harder to knock off the puck.

Don't be upset if I don't take your word for it. I'll have to wait and see how they do in the NHL first before I make any judgements. See you in a couple years.

You Guys are so delusional and u dont even watch the nhl

Says the guy whose name is Speed or Size, but clearly perfers size. You draft the BPA. And for me, that's Ehlers or Nylander, by a mile. Both of them have problems easily fixable other than height. Defense and weight can be improved after 1 season in the NHL. We've already got enough big guys going forward and the only pure skilled guy we have is Shinkaruk.

Don't be upset if I don't take your word for it. I'll have to wait and see how they do in the NHL first before I make any judgements. See you in a couple years.

I see Ehlers as a top 6 forward scoring 65+ points/year

I see Nylander as a top 6 forward scoring 55+ points/year

Those are my predicitons. I'll take some time so see if they're right or not tho.

Says the guy whose name is Speed or Size, but clearly perfers size. You draft the BPA. And for me, that's Ehlers or Nylander, by a mile. Both of them have problems easily fixable other than height. Defense and weight can be improved after 1 season in the NHL. We've already got enough big guys going forward and the only pure skilled guy we have is Shinkaruk.

Ritchie is as fast and skilled as ehlers in a tougher league on a crappier team.

Deal with it.

For me top end speed isn't as important as acceleration and agility unless you are going end to end or you are going in on breakaways, at the nhl level there is not alot of room out there. I think nylander brings pretty much everything ehlers does plus more as he has a higher skill set, better playmaker, physically superior, can play center, and skating is almost just as good. It has to be between nylander and Ritchie depending on what direction the club wants to go!

For me top end speed isn't as important as acceleration and agility unless you are going end to end or you are going in on breakaways, at the nhl level there is not alot of room out there. I think nylander brings pretty much everything ehlers does plus more as he has a higher skill set, better playmaker, physically superior, can play center, and skating is almost just as good. It has to be between nylander and Ritchie depending on what direction the club wants to go!

If you ever you ever draft anyone and you want to send them down they go to junuors so they wont do wont do anything for you until 1 or 2 years like horvat and shinkaret

Was that even English?

But you don't have to send a player to juniors if they weren't playing in juniors when they were drafted. Cederholm is an example of a player we drafted outside of juniors, but chose to go play there to better develop his game. Nylander is an example that could do any of the three options (juniors, AHL, Sweden), again, because he wasn't playing in juniors when he was drafted.

Cmon you are grasping now to support your position. Not every player has to get 200 penalty minutes to be big, physical and effective. Of course Kopitar is a skill player but he is also under Selke consideration and what teams have bigger more physically difficult to get off the puck #1 centers that Ducks and Kings?

Clifford and King hit regularily and both are miles more valuable than a stiff who cant play on our 4th line like Sestito. As far as EASILY siging 4th liners apparently it hasnt been for the Canucks because we have had musical chairs and havent had a decent 4th line in years.

The way the Canucks were dominated in every way by the good teams in our division last year is undeniable.

163 lb winger no thanks. You keep saying Nylander and Ehlers are MILES more skilled than Virtanen and Ritchie, simply not true. Your opinion not shared by all NHL teams. In fact from 5-15 there is little to seperate the players in this draft, just a matter of teams preference.

I like Ehlers because he has good balance, to go along w/ top end speed, agility and acceleration. despite only being 163Ibs.

If it were between Rtichie and Nylander, Nylander all the way.

Cmon you are grasping now to support your position. Not every player has to get 200 penalty minutes to be big, physical and effective. Of course Kopitar is a skill player but he is also under Selke consideration and what teams have bigger more physically difficult to get off the puck #1 centers that Ducks and Kings?

Clifford and King hit regularily and both are miles more valuable than a stiff who cant play on our 4th line like Sestito. As far as EASILY siging 4th liners apparently it hasnt been for the Canucks because we have had musical chairs and havent had a decent 4th line in years.

The way the Canucks were dominated in every way by the good teams in our division last year is undeniable.

163 lb winger no thanks. You keep saying Nylander and Ehlers are MILES more skilled than Virtanen and Ritchie, simply not true. Your opinion not shared by all NHL teams. In fact from 5-15 there is little to seperate the players in this draft, just a matter of teams preference.

There's a difference between being BIG and being PHYSICAL. He doesn't go out there looking to hit guys like a Lucic would. Hegoes out there to make plays and score goals. Yes, he can hit, but that's not what his game centers around. It centers around his skill.

The reason y the Kings 4th line is better than our 4th line, is because they're disciplined and bought into Sutter's style of play. He doesn't want goons, he wants a 4th line that isn't a burden. Get rid of Sestito and our 4th becomes a lot better. As far as us signing UFA's goes, it was MG, the guy is an idiot.

That's because almost everybody had their worst career year. I'm going to attribute it to Torts' dumb*** system. This is meant to be "fast and skilled," like Benning said. Not scrappy. We were 1 win away from winning the cup w/ primarily skill w/ important guys out (Hamhuis, Samuelsson, Raymond, etc). Not to mention Edler, Higgins, Kesler, Salo all had other injuries. Skill CAN win the cup. We were 1 damn win away from proving it.

They are. That's not my opinion. That's what's in all the highlight packs I've seen of everybody outside of the top 5.

Yes have you seen ritchie. Very similiar hockey iq and skating.

Yes, he skates well, for a big man. I'm not too impressed w/ his speed in comparison to Ehlers. Don't get me wrong, Ritchie is still a good player, but I just think Ehlers is better than him.

Well, LA doesn't have any physical players either, other than Brown.

This is so wrong, unless you are trolling of course, then it is right on.

Nolan, Greene, Carter, Doughty, Clifford, King, Mitchell, et cetera for the refutation.

Horrible spelling, grammar, attitude, vulgarity, immaturity, personality, ideas, counter ideas, conclusions, et cetera for the troll.

Conclusion: Troll has been successful.

Archived