The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

$9 million worth of drugs seized in record drug bust

Whatever happened to CDC's legalize all drugs because no drug is bad for you posse?

Drugs can have positive or negative affect on the biologic system. So there are some bad drugs and some good drugs. What we should be doing is legalizing all the drugs but putting some limitations or restrictions on some of those nasty drugs that could negatively impact health and is highly addicting. At the end of the day, people will get their hands on those drugs whether its legal or not. So I say why not legalize it, get some tax money out of it while at the same time eliminate drug cartels that get most of their money from North America.

Those who produce drugs in BC send them all over the world for example a lot of it goes to Chicago. Even if you tax it production will still continue as it's not necessarily just sold locally.

True

But it wont be sold in BC.

If it's sold elsewhere, that's their problem.

Edit: I should elaborate. What I mean is that it would be up to them (Other states and/or provinces) to do something similar. It's being sold the way you describe right now, so I don't really see how that can be argued as a reason to not change the policy.

In what world is 6kg of Hash worth 150 0000? Same with the marijuana for almost 3 mill. Police estimates are always at the extreme high end prices. That is over 4500 for a pound.

I think they usually estimate the value by using the smallest sell able amount ie a joint i will make up an estimate of 2 per gram and if prices are still the same as when i was young it was a 5er per so 10x292000 = 2.9million the same number the cops reported.

basically they don't give the wholesale value they give the retail value.

In what world is 6kg of Hash worth 150 0000? Same with the marijuana for almost 3 mill. Police estimates are always at the extreme high end prices. That is over 4500 for a pound.

Its $9.93 per gram of weed according to their pricing for street value. Current street is what? $6 something per. So yeah they are estimating WAY on the high side. Id do that too, make the bust look bigger, if I was in that line of work.

Its $9.93 per gram of weed according to their pricing for street value. Current street is what? $6 something per. So yeah they are estimating WAY on the high side. Id do that too, make the bust look bigger, if I was in that line of work.

they are going by the 1/5 gram a joint or less that Jo shmo sells on the street. Not by what a friend or someone who knows the person gets it for. Like I said retail not wholesale .

How can a bunch of 24 year old kids have:

A) Access to enough capital to purchase millions of dollars of drugs? No way they can raise that type of capital, who sponsored them?

B ) How did they arange to have an inside person who works at the airport? No one will throw their career away for a small payout, how did these kids get inside airport staff?

C) Who do you go to to make these type of deals? How do you accumulate that much drugs per shipment, where did they get the supplier contact? Who helped them set up the shipment?

D) What will you do with the drugs after you paid for them and picked them up, how do they run their distribution network? How much of that 9 million dollars do they keep?

They look like ordinary people, they dont look like millionaires to me based on the pictures posted.

Thank you for the answers in advance.

ya Anything to make the bust bigger. I know when they raid grow ups they also weigh everything a lot of time. Entire plants and say that its all equal to total marijuana weight.

Archived