The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I seem to remember one of JB's press conferences early in the season where he spoke about Tryamkin, and I'm nearly sure he said that Tryamkin could play this year.

Maybe someone could find the video of that briefing. It may have been during the preseason. I can't remember. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, mikkim said:

What you say is true, he will become a UFA, Unrestricted Free Agent in 2-3 years, not sure on the date,  but by my understanding Nikita Tryamkin currently is a group 2 free agent, an RFA and according to the article 11.4 of the CBA it states, (this is directly from the current CBA) "Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agent. An SPC (Standard Player Contract) for a Group 2 Free Agent will be rejected and will be null and void ab initio (i.e., the Player's Free Agency and contractual status shall revert to the status he held prior to signing his SPC), if it is not signed and filed with Central Registry by 5:00 p.m. New York time on December 1 in the then current NHL Season." I know that @aliboy  brings up again and again this article https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2019/1/9/18174522/so-you-heard-a-rumour-about-the-toronto-maple-leafs-signing-a-european-ufa which refers to Article 13 which is titled WAIVERS AND LOANS OF PLAYERS TO MINOR LEAGUE CLUBS and quotes this paragraph "13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim. This section shall not apply to a Player on the Reserve List or Restricted Free Agent List of an NHL Club with whom the Player is signing an NHL SPC or is party to an existing SPC with such NHL Club" 

The problem is Tyamkin is not going through waivers and he is not on loan to a minor league club or any club for that matter so this part of the CBA does not affect him. I am not a lawyer by any means, maybe one of our resident lawyers might be able to interpret this better than me but that is how I read the CBA, believe me I would love to have Nikita Tryamkin back for the playoff push but this is how I read the CBA

Just curious why you are talking about the waivers. Did you miss the part of your own quote that I highlighted above?

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RomanP said:

Just curious why you are talking about the waivers. Did you miss the part of your own quote that I highlighted above?

... be interesting to see if that shuts him down Roman ..   I kinda doubt it. :sadno:

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Did you read the title of that section: Waivers and loans of players to minor league clubs, Tryamkin will not be going through waivers and he has not been loaned to any club. That is why I said this whole article has nothing to do with Tryamkins situation

Edited by mikkim

On 3/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, mikkim said:

What you say is true, he will become a UFA, Unrestricted Free Agent in 2-3 years, not sure on the date,  but by my understanding Nikita Tryamkin currently is a group 2 free agent, an RFA and according to the article 11.4 of the CBA it states, (this is directly from the current CBA) "Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agent. An SPC (Standard Player Contract) for a Group 2 Free Agent will be rejected and will be null and void ab initio (i.e., the Player's Free Agency and contractual status shall revert to the status he held prior to signing his SPC), if it is not signed and filed with Central Registry by 5:00 p.m. New York time on December 1 in the then current NHL Season." I know that @aliboy  brings up again and again this article https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2019/1/9/18174522/so-you-heard-a-rumour-about-the-toronto-maple-leafs-signing-a-european-ufa which refers to Article 13 which is titled WAIVERS AND LOANS OF PLAYERS TO MINOR LEAGUE CLUBS and quotes this paragraph "13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim. This section shall not apply to a Player on the Reserve List or Restricted Free Agent List of an NHL Club with whom the Player is signing an NHL SPC or is party to an existing SPC with such NHL Club" 

The problem is Tyamkin is not going through waivers and he is not on loan to a minor league club or any club for that matter so this part of the CBA does not affect him. I am not a lawyer by any means, maybe one of our resident lawyers might be able to interpret this better than me but that is how I read the CBA, believe me I would love to have Nikita Tryamkin back for the playoff push but this is how I read the CBA

Im quoting you here..  where @RomanP Kindly highlighted for you.

Tryamkin is on our RESERVE LIST.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Im quoting you here..  where @RomanP Kindly highlighted for you.

You are obviously just picking stuff out without reading the whole thing, like I have said many times, that whole section does not apply to Tryamkin because he is not going through waivers and he is not on loan to any club. When his contract ends or is terminated he would then be a group 2 free agent, according to group 2 free agent rules if he is not signed by signed by Dec 1st he can not play in that season, please find me something to show me he will not be a group 2 free agent

@mikkim

8.6 Reserve List-Exclusive Rights.

(d) Players Drafted from a Club Outside North America.
(i) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is drafted from a club outside North America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights. from a Club Outside North America.
(i) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is drafted from a club outside North America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

8.8 Assignment of Rights.

The rights acquired under the selection process under this Article shall be transferable without Waivers to any other Club by standard assignment and the transferee Club shall thereby acquire all of the rights of the original selecting Club.

8.9   Eligibility for Play in the League

No Player shall be eligible for play in the League unless he:
(a) had been claimed in the last Entry Draft, or was ineligible for claim under Section 8.4; or
(b) had been eligible for claim in the last Entry Draft, but was unclaimed, and: 21
ARTICLE 8 8.7-8.9

(i) had played hockey in North America the prior season and was age 20 or older at the time of the last Entry Draft, and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and commencement of the next NHL Season.
(ii) had played hockey in North America the prior season and was under age 20 at the time of the last Entry Draft, and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and commencement of the Major Juniors season (except that if such Player had signed an NHL try-out form, which was signed and registered with the League during the aforesaid time period, then the deadline for signing and registering with the League an SPC with such try-out Club shall be the commencement of the NHL Season).
(iii) had played hockey outside of North America in the prior season and was age 22 or older at the time of the last Entry Draft and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and the commencement of the next NHL Season.
(iv) The words "eligible for claim in the last Entry Draft" in subparagraph (b) above mean "eligible for claim in all rounds of the last Entry Draft." The words "the prior season" in subparagraph (i), (ii) and (iii) above mean "a full season prior to the last Entry Draft."

21 minutes ago, mikkim said:

You are obviously just picking stuff out without reading the whole thing, like I have said many times, that whole section does not apply to Tryamkin because he is not going through waivers and he is not on loan to any club. When his contract ends or is terminated he would then be a group 2 free agent, according to group 2 free agent rules if he is not signed by signed by Dec 1st he can not play in that season, please find me something to show me he will not be a group 2 free agent

Then your not reading into the fact he is excluded .

he is on our reserve roster and eligible.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Then your not reading into the fact he is excluded .

he is on our reserve roster and eligible.

If your quote from the CBA means he is not a group 2 free agent then that is great, I really hope you are right, I really want you to be right, I want to see him back this year.

11 minutes ago, mikkim said:

If your quote from the CBA means he is not a group 2 free agent then that is great, I really hope you are right, I really want you to be right, I want to see him back this year.

How can he be a free agent when we own his rights. .  
When his rights to us in the NHL expire, or his next contract with any body takes him past that date,  then he is a free agent to any league in the World.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

How can he be a free agent when we own his rights. .  
When his rights to us in the NHL expire, or his next contract with any body takes him past that date,  then he is a free agent to any league in the World.

A group 2 free agent is what everyone refers to as an RFA, after a player plays out his ELC he becomes a group 2 free agent or RFA (restricted free agent), which means we own his rights. When his contract ends or is terminated by his current club he will become an RFA or group 2 free agent, because he is not 27, has not played 10 years in the league he still falls under the group 2 free agent or RFA

1 hour ago, mikkim said:

Doesn't seem like it. 

2 hours ago, mikkim said:

Did you read the title of that section: Waivers and loans of players to minor league clubs, Tryamkin will not be going through waivers and he has not been loaned to any club. That is why I said this whole article has nothing to do with Tryamkins situation

So, why bring up this article in the first place if it doesn't apply here? Just to keep the conversation going without any real substance?

4 minutes ago, RomanP said:

So, why bring up this article in the first place if it doesn't apply here? Just to keep the conversation going without any real substance?

Read the whole post I made where you found that article and it should be pretty clear why I brought it up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikkim said:

Read the whole post I made where you found that article and it should be pretty clear why I brought it up.

Could sure use Tryamkin on our D for the last 10 games this season.  No more Benn or Fanta. :sick:

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, mikkim said:

There are many more irrelevant articles in the CBA, you should have brought all of them and then say "it doesn't apply here"...