The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sign Miller, Boyle and Bolland

With the signing of Ryan Miller, I think that he will redeem himself with the Canucks especially after having such a bad playoff performance with the Blue notes. If we sign him to a 2 yr, 9.5 mill which is 4.25 mill per yr I will really be happy. If the Canucks do well with Miller and he starts winning a bunch of games, I'd consider a trade deadline deal for him, but if he is consistent just like how he was in his buffalo days, Benning would highly consider keeping him

With the signing of Brian Boyle, he can really be a good fit with the arrival of Dorsett. If we get Thornton too, then our team will be more stacked for a long playoff run. If we sign Boyle to a 3 yr 6 mill worth 2 mill per yr I'd take it. Plus sign Thornton for a 2 yr 3.5 mill deal that'll be a good lineup

Then add Bolland to the equation. Sign him to a 5 yr worth around 25 mill and if he does well we'll keep him around

Projected lineup

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows

Higgins, Bonino, Hansen

Shinkaruk, Horvat, Thornton

Vey, Boyle, Dorsett

Bolland/ Jensen

Dman

Hamhuis, Bieksa

Sbisa, Tanev

Stanton, Edler

Goaltenders

Miller

Lack

Thoughts on this fantastic free agent frenzy acquisitions

With the signing of Ryan Miller, I think that he will redeem himself with the Canucks especially after having such a bad playoff performance with the Blue notes. If we sign him to a 2 yr, 9.5 mill which is 4.25 mill per yr I will really be happy. If the Canucks do well with Miller and he starts winning a bunch of games, I'd consider a trade deadline deal for him, but if he is consistent just like how he was in his buffalo days, Benning would highly consider keeping him

With the signing of Brian Boyle, he can really be a good fit with the arrival of Dorsett. If we get Thornton too, then our team will be more stacked for a long playoff run. If we sign Boyle to a 3 yr 6 mill worth 2 mill per yr I'd take it. Plus sign Thornton for a 2 yr 3.5 mill deal that'll be a good lineup

Then add Bolland to the equation. Sign him to a 5 yr worth around 25 mill and if he does well we'll keep him around

Projected lineup

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows

Higgins, Bonino, Hansen

Shinkaruk, Horvat, Thornton

Vey, Boyle, Dorsett

Bolland/ Jensen

Dman

Hamhuis, Bieksa

Sbisa, Tanev

Stanton, Edler

Goaltenders

Miller

Lack

Thoughts on this fantastic free agent frenzy acquisitions

I see that you haven't been paying attention to what TL/JB have been saying...last time I checked, 9.5M divided by 2 = 4.75M. Simple arithmetic...the teacher strike/lock out is going to have a bigger impact on our society than I expected.

EDIT: Sorry DalColle...looks like you were onto something that had more validity and insight than I had thought...again apologies for being an @$$.

No to all three players.

Let Miller sign with a contender, and Canucks sign a veteran backup instead, to ease the pressure off Lack.

Boyle is too soft for a player of his size, can't fight at all, so not worth the money since he would be a bottom 6 player.

Bolland would be too expensive, long injury history, insulted the twins earlier and could be disliked in the dressing room. Too risky IMO.

Archived