The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Benning Done?

jypark14

You haven't even seen this team play, how can you compare them?

Also Gillis started with a great core in it's prime.

Do you really think he could have overhauled this team the way Benning has!?

Or would we just have more panthers on the team?

Gillis traded for the players needed to make the Canucks' core into a cup contender. Look what Sundin did for this team.. mentored players like Kesler and the Sedins and made them the players they are today. Stole Ehrhoff from the Sharks, signed 2 key contributors in Higgins and Lapierre at once, signed Torres who was huge, signed Samuelsson who was the only true top 6 forward we have had since other than Kesler and the Sedins. All pieces that won 2 straight presidents trophys and brought the team to within 60 minutes of the cup 2 times. Benning is nothing compared to Gillis. He is a rookie gm.

Gillis traded for the players needed to make the Canucks' core into a cup contender. Look what Sundin did for this team.. mentored players like Kesler and the Sedins and made them the players they are today. Stole Ehrhoff from the Sharks, signed 2 key contributors in Higgins and Lapierre at once, signed Torres who was huge, signed Samuelsson who was the only true top 6 forward we have had since other than Kesler and the Sedins. All pieces that won 2 straight presidents trophys and brought the team to within 60 minutes of the cup 2 times. Benning is nothing compared to Gillis. He is a rookie gm.

60 minutes away from the cup 2 times ??? what was I smoking ? I missed the second time

excuse me .. I am so lost

I remember 1982

and 2011

was gills there in 94 ?

Gillis was always here, and he still is, in our hearts. In 94, he put the thoughts into the players hearts and souls to give them the drive to reach the cup finals. Gillis lives inside each and every one of us. I pray to Mike every night before bed, thanking him for the life I've been given. Mike is love, Mike is Life.

Gillis was always here, and he still is, in our hearts. In 94, he put the thoughts into the players hearts and souls to give them the drive to reach the cup finals. Gillis lives inside each and every one of us. I pray to Mike every night before bed, thanking him for the life I've been given. Mike is love, Mike is Life.

thats it then . I am converting . How can I get gillis into my heart ? I have been a fool to deny him as my one true g.m

Can you forgive this old fool ?

thats it then . I am converting . How can I get gillis into my heart ? I have been a fool to deny him as my one true g.m

Can you forgive this old fool ?

Gillis forgives all. Just share with him your soul, and put a memorial to him as true rightful heir to the GM throne as your signature or avatar, and hang many pictures of him in your house to honour the higher power known as Mike Gillis. May you succeed in your path to be accepted into the gates of Gillis.

I personally think he's done until training camp. If he sees a need for more change, he'll deal with it then. I have to applaud him for working so hard and quickly on making the necessary changes to the team. He has earned himself some time off, as soon as Tanev and Vey are signed.

There are three goalies in our system receiving NHL-level salaries. One of Lack or Markstrom needs to be traded to another organization since both need to clear waivers to play in Utica.

Markstrom's gotta go then. Lack was unbelievable last year (when you minus out that one NYI game).

After the RFA signings I'd like to see one more move, which would be to clear out currently extraneous roster pieces (and their contracts) for a package of draft picks that includes a 1st rounder. Ideally it would be from a team that looks primed to have a big dropoff next season. A team like San Jose, for instance, looks to me like they are about to take a serious step backwards.

Obviously we'd have to give up at least one valuable piece, but something like Gaunce, Markstrom, Hansen, and Sestito/Richardson for a 1st, 3rd and a depth guy on a two-way contract. Next year's draft is deep, so regardless the first rounder should be a nice prospect, but imagine if the team we traded with ended up unexpectedly tanking. Could be a very nice return.

Archived