The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) EDM-VAN

We are in dire need of a top 6 left winger.

Assuming line up for start of next year(WITHOUT CHANGES):

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Higgins?/Bonino/Kassian

Burrows?/Matthias/Vey

Sestito/Richardson/Dorsett

As much as I love Higgins, he isn't a top 6 winger. I suggest going after David Perron of the Edmonton Oilers. He is a speedy, goal scoring winger. He has decent hands and overall a really good player. A line with Bonino and Kassian is a line to watch out for. A sniper in Perron, a playmaker in Bonino, and a Power Forward in Kassian. He's a 40-50 point player and coming off one of his best season with nearly 60 points. (57 points). Anyways enough chit chat.

First Trade:

Tanev, Higgins, and a 3rd round pick for David Perron.

Edmonton are in dire need of a defenseman. Tanev seems to ring the bell.He is definitely NHL ready. He is smart with the puck, makes safe plays, and LOVES to block shots. He will be a future top 4 dman that Edmonton needs.

They also get an experienced winger in Higgins who is capable of 40 point seasons. And he has a very friendly cap hit with 2.5 mill. Pretty respectable for a 40 point producer.

And they would also get a 3rd round pick in a very deep draft in 2015.

Lines:

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Perron/Bonino/Kassian

Burrows/Matthias/Vey

Sestito/Richardson//Dorsett

Now we have a good looking 4 line team.

Second trade:

Markstrom, Hansen, 2016 4th/5th round pick (Either one) for Jeff Petry

Now that Tanev has packed his bags and is headed to Edmonton, we need to fill in that gap in the top 4. I suggest going after Jeff Petry. Jeff Petry needs a new change of scenery. And he's being actively shopped. The reason why I don't want to go after Myers is because we will need to give away a lot. And we don't want his 5.5 mill cap hit. While Petry has a 1.7 cap hit, he can fit well in the top 4 or top 6 dman

Edmonton Lines:

Hall/Hopkins/Eberle

Higgins/Purcell/Yakupov

Arcobello/Gordon/Hansen

Gazdic/Lander/Hendricks

Vancouver Lines:

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Perron/Bonino/Kassian

Burrows/Matthias/Vey

Sestito/Richardson/Dorsett

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler/Petry

Sbisa/Corrado

Stanton

Miller

Lack

Thoughts? Over-payment? Underpayment?

Perron is a good option, I'm just not sure Edmonton would want to move him unless its for an overpayment (which I believe the package you offered is).

Left wing is a point of concern at the moment (if this team truly wants to compete for the cup next season)

Realistic options that could be acquired:

Evander Kane

Mikkel Boedker

Louis Eriksson

David Perron

Tomas Tatar

Clarke MacArthur

Jiri Tlusty

Nick Foligno

Depending on the cost to pry any one of these assets out, it might be better to just roll with Higgins and Burrows

Archived