The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Central Scouting Releases 2015 NHL Futures List - Top 2015 Draft Prospects w/ Video

Canucks

Well let's see how Mr. Mcdavid plays this year without a hunter shinkaruk, or Dane fox this year. Not doubting him but two of Vancouver's top prospects gone from Erie just makes it harderto see a repeat season in the OHL or even a better one with all the more pressure put on him..

Still liking Eichel over McDavid at this point, but let's see how the season goes. I think McD needs to prove himself as an every-situation center before he's crowned 'the next one.'

Only team that really truly and honestly would be willing to give up a first with out a problem (pendig on draft selection order, and pending what they get offered) is Buffalo as they have two and they are also really well known to trade up at draft day,so I think benning will try to get Buffalo to bite this year in order to get another first..

You are really overvaluing our players. Lack is still relatively unproven, Hansen is a bottom-6 forward, Jensen has upside but also hasn't proven much of anything, and Stanton is a bottom pairing defenseman at best. A package of all of these players wouldn't be enough to grab a 1st round pick from WPG or NSH. Not in this draft year.

EDIT: I should add that WPG recently signed Pavalec to a long term deal so they'd have to get rid of him to make room for Lack. It would be near (if not actually) impossible to find a taker for him and his contract.

The attractive trade partners to snag a good 1st are

Ottawa

Carolina

New Jersey

Nashville

Winnipeg

Edmonton

Calgary

Buffalo (NYI 1st)

Buffalo

I seriously dont see these teams making the playoffs and most likely picking high. Who can we trade to get one of these 1st's?

Minor update is that Pavel Zacha will play for Sarnia Sting this year.

Unless one of those teams tries to pull a Toronto and thinks they'll make the playoffs, they won't trade their pick.

Also, Nashville was 3 points out of the playoffs last year with Rinne injured, they could make it in.

Well let's see how Mr. Mcdavid plays this year without a hunter shinkaruk, or Dane fox this year. Not doubting him but two of Vancouver's top prospects gone from Erie just makes it harderto see a repeat season in the OHL or even a better one with all the more pressure put on him..

Shinkaruk played in Medicine Hat not Erie, Mcdavid did play with some really good players just not Hunter.

Shinkaruk played in Medicine Hat not Erie, Mcdavid did play with some really good players just not Hunter.

the top goal scoring threat in the OHL/CHL in Dane Fox and the top point getter in Connor Brown (confirm names??) as well as your best defenseive center in Gaunce.

I'd say yuppers to that.

Would be awesome if Canucks could somehow snag a 2nd 1st round pick. 6 picks in 3 yrs with 2 of the deepest drafts in a decade would do wonders for our prospect depth.

This is actually why I hope we don't make the playoffs. I am not a 'tank the season' guy, I think that's a bad attitude, but I do hope we miss, because it means a higher pick and, would allow us to move some players at the deadline who are typically highly covetted by teams making a run.

Ie

Hansen if he rebounds is the type of player any contender would love to have, and he has a decent contract (assuming he'd waive).

Higgins same thing

Burrows (who I'd hate to see go but) if it means getting more picks and moving up would be a great move. All those guys would like secure a 2nd rounder so if you load up with seconds and then move a second and a high first to move up a few spots could be doable.

Realistically, we really only need two of Burr/Higgins and Hansen moving forward. And if we have some youth that shows that they can take on that role, likely only 1. Not to mention finding gritty 3rd liners isn't that hard via UFA in the summer if required.

But all is based on actually missing the show...and if we make it, realistically this team is not going to go anywhere...perhaps in 2 more years when Bo, Shink, Jensen, Virtananen are in and the twins are on the second line, but not this year....

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. I can't seem to find a "General 2015 Prospect Discussion" thread.

I was browsing the Calgary Hitmen's current roster and noticed their leading scorer was draft eligible. Does anyone know much about Pavel Karnaukhov? He's a Russian player eligible for the coming draft and is a centre listed at 6'1-2" 196lbs. He put up 29 points (13G, 16A) in the Russian Junior league (MHL) and was taken in the KHL draft #8 overall this past season. He was drafted by the Calgary Hitmen #56 overall in the import draft the same year (2014).

He's currently playing with the Hitmen and has 6 points (5G, 1A) in 5 games played. It may just be a "really-hot-start" scenario, but he will be playing with Virtanen shortly which should be interesting.

Archived