The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is what annoys me and others in this thread feel the same way. Canucks are interpreted as whales. During our playoff run headlines, tshirts, poster.. All used a whale killing a shark, then I seen Boston shirts with a whale hanging inside the bruin spoke reading "puck the 'nuck", a Canuck is not a whale and it's misrepresenting our nickname. That's the issue I have

Don't be silly. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I am confident that the "short attention spanners" will be disappointed and I look forward to years of that beautiful Orca logo gracing the Vancouver jerseys for time immemorial.

Meanwhile 20 years on from to-day PJ, Tigerhearted and JR have formed an "action group" and are beavering away in their basements on the 15,846th variation of the JC in Rink, while ignoring the Canucks as the lift the Stanley cup for the 8th time in their history.

Meanwhile 20 years on from to-day PJ, Tigerhearted and JR have formed an "action group" and are beavering away in their basements on the 15,846th variation of the JC in Rink, while ignoring the Canucks as the lift the Stanley cup for the 8th time in their history.

Don't lump me in with them. I'm neither here nor there as to having an Orca on our uni's. I just think the current orca logo looks like a steaming pile of arse juice. It's a horrible logo because it's ugly, not because it's a whale IMO.

As I said before:

Yup. I wish it was it's own thread or even better the 3-4 of them could just take their subjective merry-go-round to PM.

I'm neither here nor there on an orca as part of our logo, personally I just think OUR current orca is an ugly logo...lol

I'm pro nice looking logo. If the Canucks can come up with something with an orca or Johnny Canuck or a "V. C." that actually looks nice, great. If not, they should just go back to the stick and rink and call it a day. It's classic, simple, original and has our best colours. It's easily our best "official" logo to date.

Case closed.

So one half will like it...the other half will hate it...and everyone else will just go meh. If two halves make a whole, where does everyone else come from?

I see what you're doing there Moustachio...you did a sneaky Yogi Berra impersonation...that was awesome. +1 for you (more if I could).

Haha - it made more sense in my head :P I was actually referring to the two halves of Canucks fans... and then everyone else B)

Don't be silly. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I am confident that the "short attention spanners" will be disappointed and I look forward to years of that beautiful Orca logo gracing the Vancouver jerseys for time immemorial.

Hey, Alfie boy!

Lol! I ain't beavering away in my basement. All my messages are mobile due to work, places to go, people to see, and things to do.

I guess your still on your brother's boat laptopping while you're sipping a non-fat chai tea latte set at 110 degrees Celsius! Lol!!! Next time I hop on a boat, I'll be fishing for sockeye, thank you very much!

No action group has been formed & even if one was formed, I don't have the time for it. Lol!!! But sounds like a great idea!

You can love your orca all you want, the Canucks are going to change & firmly believe the orca logo will be done like the dodo. When that day comes, it will be a great day for the majority of Canuck fans who hate the Orca logo!

However, if the small chance that the Canucks do keep the orca, then they should change the nickname to the Orcas or the Killer Whales to stop with misidentifying the Canucks as a whale.

Just imagine how weak JC, SiR or any of the other rather feeble non Orca icons would look here. This is when you know the Orca is spot on.

wGdF292.png

Not a big Canuck Skate logo fan, but the skate logo vs the oiler logo looks way better...

... than the current Orca logo vs the oiler logo

The Flames have a FLAMING C.

The Oilers have a team word-mark with an OIL drop.

The Jets have a fighter JET.

The Maple Leafs have a MAPLE LEAF.

The Blackhawks have Chief BLACK HAWK. They have a C for CHICAGO, with crossed stone hammers on the shoulders.

The Bruins have a block-style B for BOSTON BRUINS inside a wheel for Boston's hub history. They have a BRUIN on the shoulders.

The Canucks need Johnny CANUCK, representing the Canucks' 1945 beginnings and B.C.'s historic lumber industry, with the Stick 'n Rink C, the Canucks' first NHL crest, which stands for CANUCKS and HOCKEY with "English Bay and Burrard Inlet" royal blue, "Stanley Park and Queen Elizabeth Park" kelly green, and "Coastal Mountain Range" snow white.

You're absolutely right!

Just imagine how weak JC, SiR or any of the other rather feeble non Orca icons would look here. This is when you know the Orca is spot on.

wGdF292.png

Ya sure at that angle or view it looks great. Don't get me wrong I love the Haida style, but that is not even half the logo, the other half is it coming out of a C shaped birth canal.

Baggins, to tell you the truth, hockey rinks are more synonymous with the Vancouver area than orcas. Ie. Rogers Arena, Pacific Coliseum, Killarney rink, Burnaby 8-Rinks, and Queens Park Arena.

You can say the same about basketball courts, tennis courts, parks...

should we just throw those into our logo now?

In the overall scope of logos, all of our logos include stick in rink are poorly thought and designed for a hockey jersey. It's great as shoulder patches probable the best in the league or on our pants, or on letterhead. I love it. But in the middle of our jerseys it really doesn't stand out. It's elegant, is that what a hockey team wants to portray? Look at a the Calgary C. It's bold, tall, strong, speedy, and packing heat. Why couldn't our dumbass designers come up with an awesome V.

Archived