The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple & makes sense!

it's an old unused logo, I believe it was on the website only... I remember seeing it somewhere besides this site:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/9xft5e6hg85yq5m3j81s/Vancouver_Canucks/2008/Unused_Logo

I think it's memory was in my subconscious when i made my logo. JR just jogged my memory of it when he posted it. clearly it's the same idea.

it's an old unused logo, I believe it was on the website only... I remember seeing it somewhere besides this site:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/9xft5e6hg85yq5m3j81s/Vancouver_Canucks/2008/Unused_Logo

I think it's memory was in my subconscious when i made my logo. JR just jogged my memory of it when he posted it. clearly it's the same idea.

Yup, seems the Canucks where actually on the right track there and strangely abandoned the concept.

you can't prove that! Fin has legs!

137828300_std.jpg

Lawyered!

an escapee from dr. moreau's island which makes us look like gilligan's island. the thing is an abberation. a whale with legs. beautiful. and no disrespect to all the innovative logo designs, but i believe trevor had mentioned the possibility of using johnny canuck in future. he did NOT say they would were planning to come up with a completely new logo , so . . . might be wise to center any logo designs around johnny canuck.

Jack_Canuck_OYes.jpg

There's the mountie. It's from the political cartoons. (origin of Johnny Canuck) he's the same thing as Uncle Sam

Wow! That's interesting. The only problem with JC being a Mountie is that the Canucks would have to change their colours to the Mountie colours. I don't think that it's going to fly, plus I think everyone agrees that the blue, green & white look good on the Canucks jerseys.

an escapee from dr. moreau's island which makes us look like gilligan's island. the thing is an abberation. a whale with legs. beautiful. and no disrespect to all the innovative logo designs, but i believe trevor had mentioned the possibility of using johnny canuck in future. he did NOT say they would were planning to come up with a completely new logo , so . . . might be wise to center any logo designs around johnny canuck.

Lol!!! Very good & well thought out, Granpappy! And very true!

Wow! That's interesting. The only problem with JC being a Mountie is that the Canucks would have to change their colours to the Mountie colours. I don't think that it's going to fly, plus I think everyone agrees that the blue, green & white look good on the Canucks jerseys.

i will also mention, PJ, that the johnny canuck we are associated with is a lumberjack. we were all medieval at some point in our histories but we evolve and let the past go. i am a canadian. at some point in my lineage there were no canadians. johnny canuck may have been a frenchman, he may have been a hawaiian or a mountie or a fur trapper. that is all fine however the j.canuck we associate with our team had by that time, evolved into being a lumberjack; he wears a mack, a toque, skates carries a stick and looks like he lives to play hockey. it is no more complicated than that although for baggins and the gang, they are grasping at straws so i can understand the constant attempts to complicate things.

rbk1.jpg johnnycanuck.jpg

I've been pushing for the angry Johnny logo for years. I love how it fits right over the orca logo, my least fav logo so far. I think we should have the stick and rink and angry johnny as our 2 logos. Let anniversary jerseys be used for a 3rd jersey as we'll be coming up on 25 years for 1994, and have just done similar with the millionaires jersey. Maybe revamp the 1994 black jerseys to be like the BC Lions gun metal jerseys, as we could always do with a bad ass black uniform too.

Because they're a number of obvious 'C' logos in hockey and sports in general, I think the Johnny Canuck C would look even better by having a V of the same font instead and Johnny facing the right in a 2D position like the Skating JC.

Unfortunately, my art skills don't match my ideas. :)

i will also mention, PJ, that the johnny canuck we are associated with is a lumberjack. we were all medieval at some point in our histories but we evolve and let the past go. i am a canadian. at some point in my lineage there were no canadians. johnny canuck may have been a frenchman, he may have been a hawaiian or a mountie or a fur trapper. that is all fine however the j.canuck we associate with our team had by that time, evolved into being a lumberjack; he wears a mack, a toque, skates carries a stick and looks like he lives to play hockey. it is no more complicated than that although for baggins and the gang, they are grasping at straws so i can understand the constant attempts to complicate things.

I like the Skating JC lumberjack logo. I think it's relevant & a good hockey logo for the Canucks.

You called them stupid period. There's no two ways about it & it is really insulting for you to refer them to being stupid. Just as it's completely stupid to put an orca on a Canuck logo. The orca doesnot scream Vancouver.

If people want an animal on the Canuck logo...

... then change the nickname of the team to the Orcas, as was then original intention to the Orca logo. As documented in a Vancouver Sun article...

Malcolm Parry writes the

"buzz" at GM Place is that Orca Bay Chair John McCaw "plans

to rename our (that is, his) Canucks hockey team the

Vancouver Orcas, thus reflecting the team-owning Orca Bay

Corp's title and eliminating the present team name's alleged

pejorative context in parts of the southern U.S." (VANCOUVER

SUN, 3/20/1997).

An orca doesnot fully represent Vancouver except to the tourists who don't know any better & don't give a damn about hockey. It is a ill conceived logo that misrepresents the team's nickname & the city the team represents. I don't see orcas flowing in & out of Burrard Inlet. As well, as many times I've gone on BC ferries, I've yet to see a plethora of orcas roaming around the Georgia Straight. In fact, I've seen more dolphins than any damn orca.

Again, I said anybody thinking a Canuck is a whale is stupid. You don't agree with that statement? Would you agree that anybody thinking a Canuck is a hockey rink is stupid?

Take a wander around downtown Vancouver, you'll see Orca's all over the place. Art galleries souvenier shops etc, etc. You don't like it. I get that. But they are common off our coast. Shaped as a C for Canuck means there's no reason to change the name of the team. You said you'd be ok with the stick in rink, would we need to change the team name to Vancouver Hockey Rinks to use it? Will people think a Canuck is a hockey rink? You're still clutching at straws there. I can say that because your reasons why the Orca is no goodalso apply to the stick in rink which you say you're ok with. We know what that makes you.

Btw, Orca's have been spotted in the Burrard inlet several times. Although it's not their common hunting ground. They are commonly found at the mouth of the Fraser River during the salmon run though. Seeing them around Hoseshoe Bay isn't exactly uncommon either. Deny it all you want but the Orca are all around us. Sometimes all three pods get together (referred to as a super pod) directly off our coast. One pod migrates north, one south and the third is here year round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOK30Fb87E

A pod of killer whales swam past Stanley Park and under the Lions Gate Bridge and into Vancouver Harbour on Friday, sparking a flurry of photos on Twitter and other social media.

The Vancouver Aquarium says as many as eight whales were swimming and breaching in the waters this afternoon. Jen Derwojed, who works at the aquarium, said they were transient killer whales that were probably looking for food.

"We saw two families of transient killer whales. These are the kind that hunt marine mammals and there were two very large males and a few juveniles," she said.

The whales turned around just before the Iron Workers Memorial Bridge and Derwojed said crews from the aquarium followed them to Howe Sound.

This is the fourth year in a row whales have shown up in the waters around Metro Vancouver. Killer whales were spotted near Jericho Beach in 2012 and in the harbour in 2011. In 2010, a grey whale swam into False Creek.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/killer-whales-spotted-near-vancouver-s-stanley-park-1.1330156

Again, I said anybody thinking a Canuck is a whale is stupid. You don't agree with that statement? Would you agree that anybody thinking a Canuck is a hockey rink is stupid?

Take a wander around downtown Vancouver, you'll see Orca's all over the place. Art galleries souvenier shops etc, etc. You don't like it. I get that. But they are common off our coast. Shaped as a C for Canuck means there's no reason to change the name of the team. You said you'd be ok with the stick in rink, would we need to change the team name to Vancouver Hockey Rinks to use it? Will people think a Canuck is a hockey rink? You're still clutching at straws there. I can say that because your reasons why the Orca is no goodalso apply to the stick in rink which you say you're ok with. We know what that makes you.

Btw, Orca's have been spotted in the Burrard inlet several times. Although it's not their common hunting ground. They are commonly found at the mouth of the Fraser River during the salmon run though. Seeing them around Hoseshoe Bay isn't exactly uncommon either. Deny it all you want but the Orca are all around us. Sometimes all three pods get together (referred to as a super pod) directly off our coast. One pod migrates north, one south and the third is here year round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOK30Fb87E

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/killer-whales-spotted-near-vancouver-s-stanley-park-1.1330156

the thing is baggins, the thing you don't seem to understand is that the vancouver hockey club is not associated with tourism vancouver. they do not exist to promote the city or province. if you want to go really hogwild, lets design a jersey with whales, eagles, racoons, bears, salmon, trout, ogopogo, sasquatch, mtns, ocean, trees and lumberjacks because i have seen all these within the city and or province on regular basis.

the thing is baggins, the thing you don't seem to understand is that the vancouver hockey club is not associated with tourism vancouver. they do not exist to promote the city or province. if you want to go really hogwild, lets design a jersey with whales, eagles, racoons, bears, salmon, trout, ogopogo, sasquatch, mtns, ocean, trees and lumberjacks because i have seen all these within the city and or province on regular basis.

not necessarily to promote the city or province, but they're absolutely supposed to represent it.

Hear, hear Granpappy!

You just don't seem to get it. It has NOTHING to do with tourism. It has everything to do with where the team plays. Nothing more.

not necessarily to promote the city or province, but they're absolutely supposed to represent it.

The orca represents BC!?!

How does an orca represent the Thompson Okanagan region? Or the Cariboo, the Chilcotin & the Kootenays? Or the Nechako & the Peace River areas?

I can tell you that the orca does not represent BC as a whole.

As well, an orca does not scream Vancouver.

Archived